Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Reader Pics: NEW L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1 and La Palette Nude 2

UPDATE: A pic of La Palette Nude 1 has been added to the bottom of this post.

If you caught my post a few days ago, then you know that the new L'Oreal La Palette Nudes are FINALLY starting to land in stores after weeks of us seeing the empty display at CVS, Walmart, etc. Well actually, I've only heard from readers who have spotted La Palette Nude 2 in stores so far--no sightings of La Palette Nude 1 just yet (if you've seen that one in-store, I'd love to hear from you!).

Today I have some pics of La Palette Nude 2, thanks to longtime reader Peaisms. Peaisms spotted La Palette Nude 2 at her local Walmart this week and kindly shared these pics with us, plus some extra info:

image credit: Peaisms for Nouveau Cheap
L'Oreal La Palette Nude 2 
(retail: $15.84 at Walmart, 0.62 oz)

Keep reading for more pics and info...

First let's talk about the price. To put this into perspective, you get 0.62 oz of product in the L'Oreal La Palette Nude palettes for $15.84. The Maybelline The Nudes palette, and the other palettes in that range, are 0.34 oz and retail for $9.99 at most retailers. So you're getting 0.28 oz of additional product for an additional $5.85 with the L'Oreal palette. 

Also, I want to point out that the Maybelline palettes contain 12 shades, while the L'Oreal palettes contain 10 shades. You get a double-ended brush and sponge applicator with the L'Oreal palette (which you'll see in a moment), while you get a double-ended sponge applicator--no brush--with the Maybelline palettes. I'm mentioning these comparisons since L'Oreal owns Maybelline, and I thought it might be helpful to distinguish between the two in this way. Once I get my hands on the L'Oreal palettes I'll be sure to compare the actual shadows to the Maybelline shadows in a future review.

More pics:

image credit: Peaisms for Nouveau Cheap
Back of palette

image credit: Peaisms for Nouveau Cheap
Inside of palette

Peaisms looked at the images on the display and said that Nude 1 looks warmer, while the shades in this palette (Nude 2) look more neutral to slightly cooler in comparison. Peaisms hasn't swatched these yet, but she said that SIX shades appear to be matte while the other four appear to be shimmer. It looks like shades 1, 2, 5 and 7 are the shimmers.

And to those of you who are thinking this palette may have some similar shades to Urban Decay Naked 3, you are not alone! I'm looking at my Naked 3 palette right now, so anxious to do some swatch comparisons! I will of course include swatch comparisons in my future post (once I get my hands on L'Oreal La Palette Nude 2). For those who are unaware, L'Oreal owns Urban Decay, so it wouldn't surprise me if some of these shades were similar to Naked 3.

image credit: Peaisms for Nouveau Cheap
Accompanying brush
(brush on one end, sponge on other)

UPDATE:

image credit: Cyndiinphilly
L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1

Many thanks to longtime reader Cyndiinphilly, who found La Palette Nude 1 in her area and kindly shared the above pic! I think I spot some potential dupes for UD Naked 1 (and maybe Naked 2) in this one. What do you think?

Again, I will be sure to review Nude 1 and Nude 2 once I find them--believe me, I'm on the hunt! 

L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1 and Nude 2 should be hitting all major drugstores and big box stores soon, if you haven't seen the display yet. These are permanent, not limited edition.

Thanks so much, Peaisms and Cyndiinphilly, for the great pics and info. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Awesome! Thank you so much for posting this! I can't wait to see the comparisons to the Naked palette. If the quality is good I may consider it but the price seems a bit too high for drugstore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the empty display at Meijer in Ohio the other day too. They usually get things quickly there (just bought 2 of the new color tattoos, yeaaa) so I'll have to check back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the last Nude 1 at my Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic! Definitely getting this. But I think I'll have to hunt it down at my local Walmart. I have a feeling if this is $15.84 at Walmart, it'll be around $18.99 at CVS and Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to get my hands on these palettes as well. I keep calling my local Wal-Mart stores asking if they have recieved them in yet. I don't own any UD palettes so that would so awesome if these LOREAL palettes were dupes. I did find L.A. Girl palettes (Nude, Neon. etc) at HEB tonight for $6.xx(about $7). I only bought the Nude palette(it's gorgeous!!!), but very tempted to buy them all. HEB doesn't sell L.A. Girl regularly. Every once in awhile they will randomly sell an L.A. Girl product. Hoping HEB gets the L'OREAL palettes in soon as well. Still haven't seen these palettes at Walgreens ot CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't own any of the naked pallets. So excited to see them. They look like the Nakeds to me. From someone who does not know them personally. But would like to. Can't wait to see any dupes. I love Dupes. My most fav thing. I watched Jambeauty89 do swatches on three of the Maybelliene Rebel Bloom Tattoos. She had two of the three I found. Hydrangea Hype, Black Orchid, and pink silver one think it starts with an H. Sorry can't remember. I have Rose Riot. Wish I could remember. So she is loving them too. She's a big fan. Jessica Murphy is her name. Great girl and great videos. I hope I end up running into the last two. Do u know if there was a sixth one because if the numbers I knew u were wondering I haven't checked back my Walgreens since last week. They were trying to get more displays out. I did see the lipsticks. I got two Mac Cimderella products barely. Lip gloss and the eyeshadow pallet. My first Mac. I so wanted Royal Ball and Mystery Princess. So looking for a nice pink shimmery highlighter that's not too much glitter a nice glow amount.im sure the lipstick will have a dupe pretty quick. Love those dupes. Lol. Have a great day. Thanks for the posts. I subbed to some of the other ladies from the group yesterday don't think I got them all. But I will. Love this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nude 1 is on the Walmart website, but not Nude 2. I've been looking for these forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In going to be hunting too now more r seeing them. Just bought my first UD pallet. Ammo on sale. It was smaller than I expected. Nice colors but small. I want both of these. Since I don't have any nakeds. I hope I find them soon. Maybe on a drugstore sale. I have a 2$ coupon for Loreal make up. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's so pretty! Might have to break my self-imposed e/s no-buy for this one if I ever find it, it looks less glittery than all the Nakeds which ia something I need more of. The stores on my area are sooooo slow getting new stuff out but that said, the Rite Aid closest to me appeared to be redoing part of the makeup aisle so I'm hopeful for some new stuff soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. FYI - Nude 1 is available to order on walmart.com. Not showing as available in stores yet though

    ReplyDelete
  11. They had both at Harmon's Face Value yesterday in the permanent display and also a separate display with all the new products!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig