Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The NEW L'Oreal La Palette Nude Eyeshadow Palettes Have (Almost!) Landed in the US

Remember back in October when I posted a pic of the new La Palette Nude eyeshadow palettes that L'Oreal was releasing in Canada and the UK? And remember how I said I really hoped that these were also coming to the US?

Well guess what?

image credit: @mmullins35 for Nouveau Cheap
NEW L'Oreal La Palette Nude display at Walmart
(retail: $15.84 each at Walmart)

Many thanks to reader @mmullins35 on Instagram for this one! @mmullins35 spotted the new L'Oreal La Palette Nude display at her local Walmart this week (empty but with a "Coming Soon!" sign) and kindly shared some pics.

Keep reading for a look at BOTH (yes, there are two) palettes in this range...

image credit: @mmullins35 for Nouveau Cheap
NEW L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1 and La Palette Nude 2

There are two palettes in this range:

La Palette Nude 1 - "Light to Medium Tones"; contains Ivory, Beige and warm browns
La Palette Nude 2 - "Medium to Deep Tones"; contains Taupe, Mauve and cool plums

There is also a double-ended brush in each palette (brush on one end, sponge-tip applicator on the other).

Now I know what you're probably saying, because I'm saying it too: $15.84 seems pretty steep for a drugstore eyeshadow palette, and this is the WALMART price. I would expect this to be closer to $20 when it hits the drugstores.

The good news? Since you read this blog, you know you'll never have to pay full-price as long as you're patient--you know I'll hook up with ways to save on this! L'Oreal goes on sale at the drugstores constantly, and there are always drugstore rewards and coupons that you can use on top of the sales. It may take some strategizing, but we can do it!

SWATCHES:

From what I can tell online, the UK and Canada have one palette in this line (not two like in the US), and it is called Nude Rosé (you can see it on the L'Oreal UK website HERE and you check out a review with swatches HERE). It doesn't appear that the UK's Nude Rosé is a shade-for-shade match for OUR Nude 2 palette, but lighting and different cameras can play tricks on photos, so you never know. Our Nude 2 could be the same as the UK's Nude Rosé...we'll have to see.

Have you spotted this display (full or empty!) in your area yet? Thoughts?

Thanks so much, @mmullins35, for the great sighting and pics. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. Well dammit. But dammit in a good way! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this. I didn't get the Maybelline nudes because I don't trust Maybelline with eyeshadows in general, but I do trust loreal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious how these will compare to the Maybelline palettes since L'Oréal owns Maybelline. I really like some of the shades in the Maybelline Nude Palette I reviewed a while back. Super pigmented and easy to blend. :) Hope these will be similar!

      Delete
  3. I went to walmart the other day and behind the receipt it had $5 off 20 any L'Oréal products good till march!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice!! That will be excellent to use with this! :)

      Delete
    2. Where did you find the coupon I'm sorry I'm confused....Thanks in advance.

      Delete
    3. @Iowa The coupon is the back part of the actual receipt ~

      Delete
  4. i'm going to need one of each, please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this display today at my Walmart! I wonder how soon it will be released.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, shoot there goes my money!! LOL. I'm definitely going to have to try that Nude 2 palette. (I don't care how pale I am,lol!) Regardless, it's super exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, my , my the palette with the Rose colors (Nude 2) in it is calling my name! I haven't been to my Walmarts in awhile to see if they have out up the display for them, but I am sure hoping they have and that they get them in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still need to buy the Maybelline Nude palette and now I need both of these new L'OREAL nude palettes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to have these. Even if it means fighting the crowds and subsequent anxiety attack that goes along with a friendly trip through my Walmart. I desperately need a relatively inexpensive/ high quality nude palette or two. I bought the NYX Nude On Nude after Goss recommended it and I hate it. I still can't understand why Wayne steered me wrong but hopefully these two gems will make up for that. I may need a twelve step program post acquiring them. I can't be the only Walmart shopper that always ends up in the checkout lane where they conveniently sell hard liquor can I? ;-)

    As always Miss G and your awesome readers/ helpers, thanks for the heads up on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm very curious to see how the darker version is going to turn out. It sounds like it's going to be very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's been awhile since this post. Anyone found this? Reviews? TIA.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well worth the almost $ 16.00 at Walmart! Beautiful palette and you get a ton of shadow! Makes me wish I never bought Maybelline's version for $ 9.98, not worth it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't bother buying this palette. It's colors are pretty!! But the pigment is TOTALLY lacking. I'm returning mine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally disagree, the pigmentation is amazing for drugstore. These last for 12+ hours on me. I got one today( for a gift) for less than 8.00 after coupon and Target coupon.

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig