Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, January 10, 2014

Update: Sephora by OPI at Big Lots

Back in the middle of December, I told you that Big Lots was going to start selling Sephora by OPI polishes nationwide at all Big Lots locations. Many of you have found these polishes at your Big Lots stores over the past month, but today I want to give you a bit more info about this hot deal, because it's still going on!

Over the past week, some of you have mentioned that your local Big Lots stores seemed to have received new shipments of Sephora by OPI products, with a new influx of products popping up that weren't there during the holidays. This is great news if the inventory at your locations was small over the holidays. I strongly suggest stopping by your local Big Lots soon to see if there's new inventory--there are some deals here you don't want to miss.

Big Lots recently sent me a sampling of the types of products that you can find in their stores, so here's a closer look.

Some of the Sephora by OPI products now at Big Lots stores
(Big Lots price: $1.80 - $9)

Before I show you these photos, I want to mention that I have heard from some of you who were able to find the Sephora by OPI It's Real 18K Top Coat at your local Big Lots. This polish retailed for $30 when it first launched at Sephora and the price at Big Lots is $1.80. You can see Mimi's beautiful swatches of it here. Seriously, if you can find this for $1.80 at your Big Lots, well, you know what to do!

First let's take a look at the mini sets:

 Sephora by OPI Life's a Beach Mini Kit (10 polishes, 0.127 oz each)
Retail: $36
Big Lots price: $9

The shades in the Life's a Beach Mini Kit are:

 White Hot, I Gotta Blush On You, IM Beauty, Paisley Attention To Me, I'm Wired

 Havana Dreams, Read My Palm, It's Hippo To Be Square, It's All About Me, High Maintenance

 Sephora by OPI Perfect Pair (2 polishes, 0.127 oz each)
Retail: $10
Big Lots price: $3

The shades in this Perfect Pair are:

Charge It!, Queen of Everything

 Sephora by OPI Mini Must Have Kit
(3 mini polishes, 0.127 each and 1 mini remover, 2.0 oz)
Retail: unknown
Big Lots price: $5

This was a Beauty Insider reward that you could receive for your perk after you earned 500 points.

Base Coat, Iris I Was Thinner, Top Coat, Nail Colour Remover

Here's a closer look at some of the full-size polishes that you may find at your Big Lots:

Sephora by OPI Glitter Top Coats (0.5 oz each)
Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild, Sparkle Me Silver, G-listen To Your Heart
Retail: $9.50 each
Big Lots price: $1.80 each

Sephora by OPI Nail Colours (0.5 oz each)
Give Peach A Chance, What Aura Gonna Wear?, How Cute Is That?
Retail: $9.50 each
Big Lots price: $1.80 each

Sephora by OPI Nail Colours (0.5 oz each)
Blasted Silver, Set The Mood
Retail: $9.50 each
Big Lots price: $1.80 each

And just for perspective, here's a mini vs. a full-size bottle:

Queen of Everything, Blasted Silver

I hope this post helps you to get a better idea of the kinds of products you might be able to find at your local Big Lots right now. Per Big Lots, Sephora by OPI is being distributed nationwide to ALL Big Lots locations, but of course inventory can vary from store to store.

I would absolutely LOVE to hear which Sephora by OPI products you've been finding at YOUR local Big Lots. Please leave a comment below and share with us!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.Blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

35 comments

  1. I also found the 18k gold top coat. I already owned it but couldn't help myself and bought another. Can't beat $1.80

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to shop around. There are 3 Big Lots within 15 miles of me. The closest one is usually the best but so far I have only found 4 full sized bottles... Queen of Everything, It's Bouquet With Me, Dear Diary and Meet Me at the Disco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I went there today and saw the mini set with remove, 2 smaller min sets and a ton of the crackle polish. Besides the crackles I left 3 there because they were very close to other glitters I already owned and I was trying to be a good girl. I got Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild, G-listen To Your Heart, Beam Me Up Hottie, Lights, Glammer-a, Action, Only Gold For Me and I Only Shop Vintage.

      Delete
  3. I know mine had some sort of sephora opi cuticle exfoliating product for $1.80 :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I can run across the 18k top coat! So far only Blasted colors and some other "basic" ones. Did see the must have set yesterday. Hope they will get some more inventory soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found plenty of colors between two stores -- lots of the glitter top coats and blasted, but also regular and LE colors. I definitely saw Metro Chic and Metro Too Chic, Caliente Coral, Shiny Dancer, a shade that had "Khaki" in the name that I can't remember, Dance Til Fawn, Just a Little Dangerous, and It's a Naan Issue. I had a lot of those already but I picked up a few of the ones I didn't have. You could build a pretty sizeable collection if you time your visit right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought three of the gold top coats when the line was being discontinued and I think I paid about $3 for each of them, so I'm not too upset that they're cheaper at Big Lots. I'll have to stop by there and take a look. I could always grab one for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was JUST there an hour ago!!! Saw 'Caught with my Khakis Down' I think it was, and a really pretty soft gray- 'I Don't Give A-dam' I think it was? By the way, my BigLots was having a HUGE sale on makeup- I grabbed a Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure for $1 (!) along with a $2.20 Rimmel Color Pop mascara, a $2 Covergirl Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers (there was a huge tub- gonna go get more), and a $2 Maybelline Dream Sun bronzer (limited-edition!) for my mom's bday. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know where I'm going this weekend...

    And no I definitely don't need more nail polish, I just really want it. GO FOR THE GOLD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Big Lots had only a few of these polishes the week before Christmas. I bought "To the Glitter End!" I may have to take another look over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got the 18k top coat and (s)age is just a number (green duo tone). I'll go back I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That mini must haves set was a 500-point perk. They had it available FOREVER because no one wanted to waste 500 points on a few little Sephora OPI minis. So I bet Big Lots will have a ton of that particular set. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting on the minis
      Marshalls had a few of the Sephoras in the fall but looks as though BL got them all
      will take a look.

      Delete
  12. Oh I want Life is a Beach soooo bad!!! The only Sephora by OPI I found was a red glitter which I did buy! If I have some luck today I may be able to get to Big Lots!!!! This is exciting information!!! Thanks G!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally got to Big Lots and the only kit they had was a Mini Must Have which I did feel I must have! LOL. I thought $9 was alot for that. I am going to try to find another Big Lots locally and see if I can gt Life Is a Beach! I want it badly!!!!

      Delete
  13. This makes me so mad being based in the UK! I'm a big fan of SOPI polishes (or was, since of course they're no longer being produced). xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect timing! I just received an email coupon from Big Lots for $5 off a $15 purchase. Yeah! Hope they have the Life's a Beach set and the gold topcoat. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckyyyyy! I wish I had that =) Get something cool! The BigLots prices on makeup are insanely low right now. Have fun!

      Delete
  15. I just picked up the betsey Johnson scented polish but looking for more

    ReplyDelete
  16. My store had few selections. I got Frankly I dont give Adam and I don't Bite. I think that was all they had.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I went on Friday. The cashier said that she had just finished pricing them. The one in Laguna Hills, CA had tons, and good selection since it hadn't been picked over yet. I got: It's Real (18k gold top coat; there was only one and then my friend tried to find one and couldn't even though she went to three different Big Lots), I Found a Pot of Gold!, On Stage, Frankly I Don't Give A-dam, Ruby Without a Cause, Is She For Reel?, Stop Stocking Me, Beam Me Up Hottie!, Hollywood If I Could, Meet Me At the Disco, and It's Bouquet with Me. They also had some Maybelline Color Show polishes that were new (to them).

    ReplyDelete
  18. After not finding any SOPI polishes/products at Big Lots (for weeks), I stopped by yesterday and struck gold! Well, not the 18k topcoat, but a mini- haul, nevertheless. At the checkout counter there was a clear plastic canister filled with SOPI full-sized polishes. I picked up 'Just a Little Dangerous','Mauv-ie Star in the Making', and 'Its Bouquet With Me'!!! There were no sets or mini- bottles, but I'm thrilled with my mini-haul!

    ReplyDelete
  19. When you first posted about this, I was very disappointed as there was only 2 /3 shades which I purchased 2. However on Friday when I went to a farther out Big Lots I found a nice selection and bought 8 including the 18k topper not knowing what a true gem it was until reading this post. Sadly they didn't have any of the sets. I want the perfect pair and life's a beach. Hope I can find them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't found any yet! But then again, I haven't been there since before Christmas.... going on my way home tonight holy crap

    ReplyDelete
  21. I had to dig at my local Big Lots, but I came home with Keep me on my Mistletoes, Hi Def, Dance til Fawn, Lights Glammer-a Action! and Blasted White. The mini set with remover (the 500-pt gift) was priced at $9 (insane) and there were no other sets or 18k topper. I'm happy with what I found...5 polishes for under $10.
    I'm new to your blog and I'm LOVING it! TY so much!

    ReplyDelete
  22. If anyone funds the 18k top coat and can mail it, I'll reimburse you for it! I've been to 2 stores do far, and I'm going to one in Vero tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I got a TON of the glitter top coats the other day, but the only solid color I saw and grabbed was Dark Room and I saw an army green and silver polish but passed on those. I also saw the $5 beauty insider gift but passed on that as well. They also had all of the Rimmel POP! Colored Mascaras for $2.20 each! I grabbed the three colors. :) I went to two stores btw, the more organized store was pretty cleared out but the really disorganized store was where I found a bunch of the polishes jumbled together. Also got a Loreal Le Gloss in Chic-ly Pale for $2 and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Was just in my Big Lots yesterday to check, and I wasn't expecting to find anything, since the Sephora OPI stuff they had last month was really meh. They had TONS of stuff. No Life's a Beach set or 18K top coat, but probably around 100 single full-size bottles in various colors/textures/glitters, the Perfect Pair set (in the colors above), the Mini Must Have kit, the Neon Lights set (I believe it was $6), and another set... I think it was the Nailed It! top 10 best sellers, and that was $10, if I remember correctly! They had at least five, if not more, of each of the sets. I only got two full-size bottles, but I might have to go back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I saw maybe eight full-size colors, but I only picked up "Queen of Everything" and "Call Your Mother". I had also picked up Sinful Colors "Taupe It Off" and "Black Cherry" today, so all in all, super pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I spotted the one with the polish remover and it was $8 they had tons of those I think it's priced too high I did not get it but did score the 18 k top coat so pretty they had like one of each pretty color of the polishes not a big selection in Glen cove area

    ReplyDelete
  27. No 18K, but did get 17pc tinsel town $12 and the scentsational six (fruit scent) $6

    ReplyDelete
  28. Back in early January I got the Tinsel Town for $12 too. I asked the manager if it was on the seasonal sale and she said no but she was so impressed to what I found she was going to buy some herself! lol I can't wait to go this weekend with the 20% off coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Got "I'm Wired" for $1.50 today (20% off sale) and also saw "Already Famous", "Spark-tacular!" top coat, "Beam Me Up Hottie!", "Nonfat Soy Half Caff", and "Give Peach a Chance" among others.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig