Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, January 16, 2014

Spotted: NEW Finger Paints Kaleidoscope Collection (with swatches)

Exciting news for those of you who missed out on the original Finger Paints Special Effects Collection from Winter 2011. If you missed out on that collection and you love flakies, you've got another chance at some pretty flakies with this new collection! And NO, they're not identical to the original collection (more on that in a moment).

Many thanks to reader Allison for this one. Allison spotted the new Finger Paints Kaleidoscope Collection at Sally Beauty this week and shared some pics (and swatches). Take a look!

NOTE: If you want these polishes, do NOT hesitate to get over to your local Sally ASAP. When the original collection came out in 2011, the display was wiped out quickly and a lot of people missed out on them. As of the time of this post, this collection is not on the Sally Beauty website, so you'll have to look for them in-store. There are five shades in this collection and Allison confirmed that the display only holds three of each shade.

image credit :Allison for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Finger Paints Kaleidoscope Collection (five shades)
(retail: $4.50 each, 0.5 oz)

Here's a closer look at all five shades:

image credit :Allison for Nouveau Cheap
Abstract Attraction, Colorful Dream 

Abstract Attraction - violet & blue flakies
Colorful Dream - multi-colored flakies

image credit :Allison for Nouveau Cheap
Psychedelic Hue, Symmetrical Symphony, Vivid Reflection

Psychedelic Hue - green & teal flakies
Symmetrical Symphony - violet blue & orange flakies
Vivid Reflection - purple & orange flakies

Allison also swatched all five shades for us (over black):

image credit :Allison for Nouveau Cheap
1 coat Abstract Attraction over black

image credit :Allison for Nouveau Cheap
1 coat Colorful Dream over black

image credit :Allison for Nouveau Cheap
1 coat Psychedelic Hue over black

image credit :Allison for Nouveau Cheap
1 coat Symmetrical Symphony over black

image credit :Allison for Nouveau Cheap
1 coat Vivid Reflection over black 

Allison mentioned that The Polished Mommy has swatches of all five shades here, and she also does a nice comparison of this collection to the original Finger Paints Special Effects Collection. The biggest difference seems to be that the flakie colors in the Kaleidoscope Collection are more pastel-based, whereas the flakie colors in the original Special Effects collection were bolder, more primary-color types of shades. Also, The Polished Mommy mentioned that the base color of the new polishes is more milky, so it has a bit of a clouding effect, whereas the polishes in the original collection were quite vivid. 

If you want to get an idea of the size of Finger Paints flakies, you can see my older flakie comparison post. I compare one of the original Finger Paints flakie shades (Twisted) to Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure, etc. and also a mylar-shard polish (Sinful Colors Green Ocean). 

Again, I can't stress enough that if you want this collection, you should not wait. Get over to your local Sally (but call ahead to see if they have it yet) and grab them while you can. They sold out quickly the first time around!

Thanks so very much, Allison, the awesome sighting, pics and swatches. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Since I missed the first round of these you better believe I am calling every Sally in my area! I must find these. Let the stalking begin!!! Thank you so much for the great pics. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I an right there with you, Carol!! I only managed to get Twisted from the original collection and I still regret not getting the others! I love that these lay so nicely on the nail, yet they're not super tiny either. I love pastels so I seriously want them all. My Sally Card is ready! Lol

      I'm sending good stalking vibes your way! ;)

      Delete
  2. MUST HAVE. The last time I was only able to get Twisted and was so glad I got that one. Thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm they aren't super saturated... Oh and when did the bottle image situation change?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked these up this weekend. They are much more subtle than the 2011 release. And, harder to see...at least with the cream base color I used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definately want one or two of these!!! I can only hope that I can get to Sally soon!!! At first I thought I would pass but I really like the idea of these!!! Thanks girls! I am going to head over to Polished Mommy now to check her swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have any polishes like this. I love the abstract glitter. I really need these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These remind me of the types of flakies you can buy to mix your own nail polish. These aren't that colorful. Glad I have all of the 2011 flakies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to be skipping these. I picked one up to try it for myself, and the effect of the flakies is very underwhelming. They are so much less vibrant over black than the other flakies I own, except maybe SH Glass Slipper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. FYI I just found an untouched display of these at my local Sallys today. Did not pick any up because I have so many flakies in my collection - but I want to let others know that these are still out there!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig