Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Return of the Snowmen (and more!)

If this is your first holiday season as a reader of this blog, you might not know that I have a mild (ok, it's not mild) obsession with the Blue Cross Snowman Polishes (and the Pumpkin Polishes too, but we've already been over that this year). Because of my obsession coverage of the snowman polishes every year, this year I had the good fortune to receive several comments/tweets/Facebook messages/emails from you, letting me know that the Snowmen have landed! I tried to jot down all of your names to thank you in this post, but I failed miserably. I'm so sorry about that, and THANK YOU if you took the time to reach out and let me know that these have landed at Rite Aid!

Every year, Rite Aid (and I think Meijer, HEB and possibly Fred Meyer sell these too, if I'm not mistaken) put out the Holiday Snowman Polishes in September/October, and thanks to several of you, I have lots (and lots) of pics of the display to share with you today! Also, Blue Cross has released other Holiday 2013 nail polish collections, which you'll see at the end of this post.

First up, reader Sonja shared some pics of the Holiday 2013 Snowman display at her Rite Aid:

 image credit: Sonja for Nouveau Cheap
Holiday 2013 Blue Cross Snowman Polishes at Rite Aid
(retail: $3.99 each)

As you can see, this year's display also contains candy cane lipglosses, and the brim of the snowman hats contains little rhinestones!


  image credit: Sonja for Nouveau Cheap


  image credit: Sonja for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Sonja for Nouveau Cheap

There are some new shades here, as well as some repeats from both the 2012 and 2011 Snowman Collection (by they way, if you're thinking about getting the multi-colored glitter, check out my post from 2011 to see how it compares to other Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday dupes!). I also see some shades in this year's collection that look like they could have been part of last year's Blue Cross Light Up Polishes that I was so obsessed with, and I also see a few shades that I believe were in the Blue Cross Summer 2013 Summer Brights collection as well.

Next up, @brackett0701 on Instagram (who, by the way, you should totally follow if you're a nail fantatic--her swatches are perfection!) spotted the Snowmen display at her Rite Aid recently and shared some pics:

image credit: @brackett0701 for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: @brackett0701 for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: @brackett0701 for Nouveau Cheap

Next up, reader Emily spotted the Snowmen display at her Rite Aid and shared this pic:

image credit: Emily for Nouveau Cheap

Reader Rachel also spotted this display at her Rite Aid and shared a pic (Rachel also shared pics of another Blue Cross Holiday 2013 display, which you'll see in a moment):

image credit: Rachel for Nouveau Cheap

Reader Brie of Simply Thrifty Nails spotted the Snowmen display at her Rite Aid recently too, and shared some pics:

image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

And here are some OTHER Blue Cross Holiday 2013 collections that have also been spotted at Rite Aid recemtly!  First, reader Rachel spotted these mini sets:

image credit: Rachel for Nouveau Cheap
Holiday 2013 Blue Cross Oranments Collection
(retail: $4.99 per set of 5 mini polishes)

The polishes on the right side of the display are scented. and most of them seem to be the same shades that were in last year's Blue Cross Candy Shop Collection. BUT, I spy a new GREEN milky glitter this year!

image credit: Rachel for Nouveau Cheap

Brie of Simply Thrifty Nails also spotted ANOTHER Blue Cross Holiday 2013 Ornaments Collection at her Rite Aid and shared some pics:

image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap
Holiday 2013 Blue Cross Ornaments Collection
(retail: $3.99 each)

image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

How cute are these bottles?

image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Brie for Nouveau Cheap

Whew! I think that about covers it for the Blue Cross Holiday 2013 Collections...unless any of you see some other displays that I didn't feature here today (and if you do, please share!).

I want to once again thank everyone who took the time to let me know that the Snowmen had landed, and I'm so sorry if you sent me pics and I didn't feature them in this post!

Thanks again to Sonja, @brackett0701, Emily, Rachel and Brie for the wonderful pics in this post! I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I saw the snowmen ones at Rite Aid but never desired to buy any. Depending on the reviews I may be intetested. However I haven't seen the candy canes. I also saw and bought one of the Ornaments with the jeweled top in gold glitter. I absolutely love it. There is so much chunky glitter it looks like ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up a tube of the minis a couple of weeks ago, and while the milky green is interesting (I haven't tried it yet) the real winner imo is the bottle at the bottom of the tube! It's a hot pink w a touch of magenta containing bright blue chunkies of glitter that leave the nail with an effect similar to paint splatter, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that might be a re-promote of a shade Blue Cross did for Rue 21... I have it and it's awesome. (Just wanted to add this, in case anyone is like me and doesn't have a Rite Aid near them)

      Delete
  3. Whyyyy are they so expensive this year? They seem to have gone way up in the last couple years, so I don't think I'll bother unless I see something super amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually spotted the scented ones in a different display at Meijer yesterday. They were in the same clear plastic boxes as last year but had the same colors as the ones in the tube, if I remember correctly. I'll try and get pics for you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness I love the snowman NP. But I never see them around here. You mentioned H.E.B gets them where? I would love to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i picked up the shimmery pumpkin one for as a base for some halloween nail art and it applied easily and evenly. in fact, it applied easier than my opi polishes (alpine white & sour grapes) his hat was very helpful with brush control and the color came out just like the bottle. with seche vite as a top coat, it's been 4 days and i'm seeing a little tip wear but no chips. i highly recommend trying them if you see a color you like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i wonder if they carry these in Florida? I've never seen them here

    ReplyDelete
  8. The snowmen polishes are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. I picked up and "ornament polish" last week but so far have only swatched it. I bought the glittery teal color and it looks to be a winner both color wise and application wise! Also G, I took your advice and looked at @brackett0701 IG account, and boy her photos are gorgeous...I had to follow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope they bring these out somewhere other than Rite Aid. Down here in Miami, we have Walgreens and CVS. Also Navarro, which is like a Hispanic drugstore lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want one of the snowmen just for the little rhinestone hat! Plus my snowman from last year is getting lonely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray! I'm going to Rite Aid on Friday! I hope they have these guys.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Snowmen and Pumpkin polishes look so WEIRD! Some look like they should glow in the dark or under a blacklight and seem like they could be sheer, mainly those bright cremes. Very "squishy" looking in their bottles like jellies! Are they opaque?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig