Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, October 5, 2013

(UPDATED with more new shades) Spotted: NEW Sinful Colors shades at Walmart

There are some NEW Sinful Colors shades now popping up at Walmart and, depending on your Walmart store, they might be found in a new display, or mixed in with colors in an older display (I've heard reports of both).

A few of you have left comments here about these new shades recently and I tried to find all of your comments to include in this post, but I had a hard time locating them (they seem to be scattered within different blog posts). Apologies if you shared info that I do NOT mention in this blog post--if I'm missing anything, I would really appreciate if you'd leave a comment here to fill us in. Thanks!

Reader Amber V (@lilycat51 on Instagram) spotted a brand new Sinful Colors shade at her Walmart recently, and it was found in the Metal with Color display, which came out in the beginning of September:

image credit: Amber V for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Sinful Colors shade: 1321 Roaring

Amber said that Roaring reminds her of "Calypso, or a really dark Leap Flog." Amber also swatched it for us:

image credit: Amber V for Nouveau Cheap 
Amber wearing Sinful Colors Roaring

Reader Sarah just left this comment on the You Tell Me page today:
I went to Super Walmart last night and there was a new HUGE 4 sided Sinful Colors display. There were lots of colors I've never seen before. I don't have a fancy phone so I couldn't take a picture but I think the display said something about Paris or France? I managed to get Hot Spot, Folly, Aubergine, and two other blues that I can't find swatches of yet online: Roaring (#1321) & Secret Agent (#1311)

Hot Spot, Folly and Aubergine are all permanent, but as Sarah mentioned, there's ANOTHER new shade called 1311 Secret Agent

UPDATE 7:50PM SATURDAY:

There are even MORE new shades surfacing at Walmart! Here is the complete list that I know of so far:

Roaring (see photos above)
Secret Agent (see photo below)
Yes Officer (see photo below)
Classified (see photo below)
Espionage (see swatch here)
Tabac (see swatch here)
Sexy Spy (see swatch here)


Reader Katrina (@kwiese31 on Instagram) shared pics of three of the new shades:

image credit: Katrina for Nouveau Cheap
1311 Secret Agent

 image credit: Katrina for Nouveau Cheap
1314 Yes Officer

 image credit: Katrina for Nouveau Cheap
1312 Classified

So that's SEVEN new shades now surfacing at Walmart! Again, be sure to check out Cool Polish Blog's swatches here to see Espionage, Classified, Yes Officer, Tabac, Sexy Spy and Roaring.

Also, note that Sarah spotted Roaring and Secret Agent in an entirely NEW display, whereas Amber spotted Roaring in the old Metal with Color display. Looks like we might have to do a little hunting to find these two new shades!

 image credit: Maria for Nouveau Cheap
Sinful Colors Halloween 2013 Colors To Die For Collection at Walgreens

Last but not least, I want to thank several of you for pointing out that in the large Haunted House-shaped Sinful Colors Holloween 2013 display that I first showed you here, I neglected to mention one of the shades in this collection. Longtime reader Maria Fleita found the Halloween 2013 collection in a smaller counter display and shared these pics.

image credit: Maria for Nouveau Cheap
Inkwell, Courtney Orange,  Black Magic, Pumpkin Spice, Let's Talk, Black on Black

We covered all of the shades in the Halloween 2013 Collection here (that post includes close-ups) EXCEPT for Inkwell. Inkwell is the shade on the far left in this display, and you might be asking yourself, "Well that looks like a black creme...just like Black on Black, right?"

NOPE.

You can see swatches of Inkwell here. It's actually a very, very dark chocolate brownish-eggplant. Inkwell first debuted in the Haute Rebel collection from Dec/Jan 2012, and I just wanted to make sure you knew that it was back again in the Halloween 2013 Collection. Again, you can find it in the giant haunted house display, as well as the Colors to Die For display pictured above, at Walgreens.

Well that about wraps it up for this installment of "trying to make sense of the newest releases from Sinful Colors." Ha! I actually think it's fun to try and put the pieces together every time Sinful Colors drops new shades on us--it's like new little mysteries to solve.

Thanks again, Amber V, Sarah, Maria, Katrina and CoolPolishBlog, for all of the great pics and info. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Lol I agree, it's so fun reading each update, unraveling the mystery of new releases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spotted the Colors to Die For up on top of the aisle near the beauty products-thank SOMETHING I have a tendency to look up being so short. We snapped up Pumpkin Spice. Already have Black Magic-pick it up as well if you can! Sad to note Wags on our side doesn't have the large house so none of the nail appliques, stripers, or limited ed. polishes. :(

    Also, I noticed the some eyelashes(can't recall the brand-dang)in a display next to it and opposite them was the Fall 2013 Be A Runway Beauty display fro WnW. I snapped up the pinkish color which is the first shade on the left-'I'm Not Shrimpy' 34285. Beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just pulled my bottle of Inkwell out the other night to compare it with NYC Plaza Plumberry, another very dark jelly polish. At 1 coat, you could definitely see a difference between the 2 colors. NYC PP definitely leans more red, while SC Inkwell is definitely a dark purple. Once you add a 2nd coat, Inkwell looks black in most lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just there last Sunday for a new bottle of top and base and dropped by the Sinful displays since my fiance knows that I loooooovvcollection (not sure if anyone got any of them but they are really nice, I wore Cold Leather and like the leathery texture it gives off after painting) and that one holiday 2012 color that was talked about that appeared in the Halloween display, forgot the name off the top of my head, but got it! Almost got Irish Seas but maybe go back. I do have Pumpkin Spice and Black Magic. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know if the new shades at Walmart are new and here to stay, or if they're limited edition??

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I meant was the Leather Lux collection! And good question about the new WalMart shades, I may have to try and find them if they make it to my store.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig