Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Spotted: NEW Sally Hansen Fall 2013 Limited Edition Insta-Dri Collection

I was at CVS yesterday and spotted a brand new Limited Edition Insta-Dri collection! Take a look...

NEW Sally Hansen Limited Edition Insta-Dri Collection
(retail: $5.49 each at CVS, 0.31 oz) 

Keep reading for lots and lots of pics...


This collection is part of a promotion for something called the Rent the Runway Sweepstakes. As of the time of this post, this sweepstakes is not yet on the Sally Hansen Facebook page. Update: Thanks to two lovely readers below, I now know that Rent the Runway is a fashion service (details here). So you'll be entering to win a $1,000 gift card plus a year's supply of Sally Hansen nail polish.




None of the polishes in this collection had any overt duo- or multi-chrome tendencies that were visible in florescent store lighting, however that could all change once these are viewed in direct sunlight. The only two that had anything "special" going on were the first two shades I'm about to show you:

Style Steel

You can see that there's some pink in this "champewter" shade.

 Chop Chop Copper

And there's also some pink in this bronzey-brown shades as well.

 Pink Fast

No S-pear Time

 Quick Jean-ius

 Red-io Active

Red-io Active seems to be the only straight-up shimmer in this collection (the others are more metallic foils). 

Jet Set Jade

I forgot to take a pic of Currant Trend, which is the deep violet in this collection. But under the florescent store lighting, it did not appear to have any duochrome tendencies.

Have you spotted this collection in any of the drugstores/Targets/etc. in your area yet? Thoughts?
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. I seriously love these! The two greens def will be mine, I think I like Style Steel too. Rent the Runway I think it's one of those high-end dress/shoe rental places where you pay for something to be sent to you and have to send it back within a month or something. I wouldn't use that at all, I'd probably end up selling it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaah, thank you! I just updated my post. :D

      Delete
  2. Rent the Runway is a website where you can rent designer dresses and accessories at steep discounts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look like they'll be great for stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a fan of the InstaDrys, but a friend loves them and I've dug mine out this summer. Despite the brush, it's nice that they're mostly one coaters and have some gorgeous colors; I'll definitely be looking for these. The copper especially!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Insta Dry polishes to use with my Red Carpet Manicure system so I will definately be buying a a few of these! I saw them at
    Walmart the other day (pretty sure it was there! :P but did not get them I was in a hurry and didn't have time to really concentrate on them! Thanks for the photos

    ReplyDelete
  6. The olive green one looks like Butter London Wallis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got into the Insta-Dri's a couple of month's ago and LOVE them! I am so excited to get a few of these! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have jet set jade, stains, but is gawjuss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man I've got to get my hands on No S-pear Time! I'm a sucker for more olive leaning greens. I just hope the formula on it is good, it better be to put up with their terrible bottle shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its annoyingly tippy, you know what I mean :) I use those rubber bottle holders when applying or would no doubt be knocking them over left and right. These shades are worth it though if you don't have dupes already (I didn't so was excited to see a full display. Wish the purple would have been a lot more sparkly though, oh well. Tons of purples out rigjt now elsewhere.) Now I have to reorganize my stash and lock up my wallet for the month after these and the Xtreme glitter ones!

      Delete
  10. I found these at Kmart tonight but only bought two. They also had Rimmel London Metal Rush & the Wet n Wild textured polishes. Oh and they also had the new Wet n Wild Halloween displays out with new polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! Good to see they're branching out with this line. It was basically all cremes before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I grabbed Chop Chop Copper and Style Steel from my CVS this morning as well as Jet Set Jade. I hope it's my bottle of Chop Chop Copper but it's super runny. I was hoping I could use it for stamping like Silver Sweep which is my go to silver. Style Steel is awesome and beautiful. Jet Set Jade is a near dupe for another Insta Dri Jumpin' Jade.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My chop chop copper was the worst of the set, runny, thin and not good. Soem of the others however were GREAT.

    Okay for I bought the whole set. I had coupons, plus CVS coupons...

    Anyway -

    The stand outs for me are -

    Pink Fast - almost a one-coater, while it does show imperfection in your nail, nice even for a frost, good formula. Very lilac leaning.

    No S-pear time - not as pigmented, but color rocks, otherwise as above. Not shiny, benefits from topcoat if you like shine.

    Steel Style - reads cold silvery gold to me. Not steel at all. less pigmented than Pink Fast, two coats needed.

    Red-io Active - Very Sienna frost, Nicely pigmented, good formula.

    The others are fine, but dupable, except Chop chop copper - four coats later it's still not opaque.

    I like the insta-drys when I lack time, and I can see Pink Fast being a go-to for me. Same with S-pear Time and Red-do Active.

    I am not going to keep Chop Chop copper. Sad I LOVE coppers, but this? blah.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the info, Melissa. I bought the pink fast and the red do active and the purple one. Glad I chose the ones I did. YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I picked up the pink, blue, green and jade at CVS from a display and they are gorgeous! Nearly one-coaters. My only irk is the brush almost seems too big for the bottle opening but I think they're all that way. The pink was the surprise sleeper shade for me, the rest seemed dupeable so I passed.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig