Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, August 4, 2013

FIRST LOOK: New Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Medicated Lip Balms

Back at the end of June, reader @Jenurs on Twitter told me that she heard that Maybelline was going to release a new line of Baby Lips called "Dr. Rescue." I was so excited about this, but I couldn't find anything online (other than trademark info). 

Fast forward to today and two lovely readers, Trudy and Kassidy B., both alerted me to the fact that the Baby Lips Dr. Rescue line is now up on the Walmart website! Take a look:

image source: walmart.com
NEW Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Medicated Lip Balms
(retail: unknown, 0.15 oz)

Keep reading for more info and photos...

There are six shades in this range:

product images: walmart.com
Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Medicated Lip Balms
 35 Too Cool, 40 Pink Me Up, 45 Just Peachy,
50 Soothing Sorbet, 55 Coral Crave, 60 Berry Soft

Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Medicated Lip Balm provides care that soothes sore lips with a hint of eucalyptus and combats dryness. It is available in natural tints to even out lip tone for healthier-looking lips. In one minute, lips feel soothed. In one day, lips look less dry. In one week, lips are reborn. 
Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Medicated Lip Balm: 
  • Medicated care in natural tints
  • Soothes quickly with a hint of eucalyptus
  • 12-hour hydration
  • Menthol external analgesic
Active Ingredients: Menthol 0.50% Cosmetic Ingredients: Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Myristate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Diisostearyl Malate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Limonene, Honey, Centella Asiatica Extract May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 22 Lake, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake 
Directions: Apply in the center of your upper lip to the outer edges, following the contours of your mouth. Then glide across the entire bottom lip. Baby Lips can be worn under lip color.

Trudy also alerted me to the fact that, at her local Walmart, there were spots in the PERMANENT DISPLAY for both the Dr. Rescue and Electro lines! So I'm assuming that means that neither of these lines is limited edition. Sweet!

I can't wait to see/try these new medicated versions--what about you? As of the time of this post, I have NO idea when you can expect to see these in your area. Like I said, Trudy saw spots for these in the permanent display next to the regular Baby Lips and Baby Lips Electro lines, but the spots were empty (for now). So just keep your eyes open for them!

Thanks again, @Jenurs, Trudy and Kassidy B. for the great tips and info about this new Baby Lips line! I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. Omg, I loooooove this line. I have a ton already, but I'm gonna need at least 3 of these! Awesome share.

    Also, I find Essie shine if the times today for $4 at ride aide, it was so exciting!! Especially after scoring to Essie rock solidsfor a buck each at big lots next door. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how these compare to the others! Awesome, thanks for the info :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait! I have VERY dry lips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On one hand I want to say "ugh, more baby lips? how many do they need?" but on the other hand I'm actually pretty curious about these...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I look forward to the appearance of these at CVS. Thanks G!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just when you think you have them all, they come out with bigger better ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadly I'll pass. I just have never been able to stand any kind of medicated lip balm. I used to LOVE the berry Blistex and then they went and made it medicated. Boo. LoL, I'm very specific about my lip balm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is definitely something I'd want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm I love any type of medicated lip balm.. I love that tingle! I don't own any babylips yet but these might b my first !

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO excited :) and the electro line has always been in the permanent display at my walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder how medicated these feel. A touch of menthol is OK. I'm intrigued to see that they have honey in them, though. (Do original Baby Lips have honey?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excited! I'm going up to Walmart today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Considering these have menthol in them which is a known skin irritant I don't exactly understand how these are considered "medicated" sounds more like "irritated" to me.

    Nonetheless I'll still buy them :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to get my hands on these! To be honest, I've never found the Baby Lips formula to be exceptionally moisturizing. They are great tinted balms though. Excited to see what these offer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow baby lips have already got me $35+ and now another line.. im gonna be broke for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to laughh at the directions, as if it matters if you apply to the top lip first, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darn! They still contain shea butter! I've been job sing after the purple Electro color, and now these in their cute japanese style packaging, but no can do for me without breaking out in hives. I hope try come out with a hypoallergenic version!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel like the plain one, "Too Cool," is like the Menthol flavor in the Australian line of Baby Lips. It's very hydrating. I'm glad they're coming out with these because I'm scraping the last bits of my tube!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just picked up "Pink Me Up" Baby Lips Dr. Rescue from my local Harmon Beauty store =) I am SO in love with it!! They had all six varieties available, but because of my pale skin I adore pink shades and thusly picked out this one.

    This feels like a mixture of Burt's Bees (with the cool menthol/eucalyptus feeling) mixed with the silky smooth texture I've grown to love from "Baby Lips".

    I will definitely be going back tomorrow with my 20% off coupon to pick up the Sorbet color!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw these at Walgreens today and was so excited. Lol I had never seen them or heard about them. I got the one in Too Cool with no tint. I just opened it and used it and I love it. I have 7 or 8 other Baby Lips so I'm obsessed. I'm loving the medicated line for the winter. I may have to get more soon. Lol Who am I kidding, I will get more!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just found them yesterday n when I opened my two new baby lips dr rescue my 1st thought was it smells straight up like Vicks or halls but it's a great product for the winter especially my lips in the winter are the worst they get cracked to the point I bleed but I'm still gonna get the others I had a hard time with which one i wanted so I got 2 for now but I will b gettin the others I like 2 switch up

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for being just about the only one saying anything about ingredients! I need to be sure that any lip product I apply to my lips is WITHOUT Linalool, or else I get an instant allergic reaction that lasts for weeks, and it's soooo painful....

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig