Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Beauty Bite: Vitabath Cupcake Couture Luscious Lemon Créme Moisturizing Body Wash

When Mr. G and I were on a "staycation" here in San Diego a while back, we went to La Jolla and I visited one of my favorite independent drugstores (Burns Drugs, in case you're in San Diego). I discovered that they had the full line of new Vitabath body washes that I first blogged about here and it has since come to my attention that Ulta carries this line as well (thanks to several of you for that tip!).

As you may remember, Rite Aid started carrying the body mists in this line (not all of them, but they do have a nice assortment including the Dreamy Pink Frosting Body Mist which I reviewed here).  But I have to tell you that my heart truly belongs to this body wash--I have been using nothing else since I purchased it several weeks ago. Seriously, you would have trouble trying to pry it out of my hands I love it so much:

 Vitabath Cupcake Couture Luscious Lemon Créme Moisturizing Body Wash
(retail: $8, 12 oz)




PROS:
  • The fragrance! To my nose, this body wash smells exactly like lemon cake. The lemon zest, the sugar, the butter, the frosting, it's all in there.
  • Very moisturizing formula. Ever since I started using this body wash, Mr. G has been telling me how soft my skin feels. I don't know if it's the aloe or fruit extracts or what, but my skin loves this body wash.
  • You only need an average size squirt onto your bath pouf to achieve a rich, creamy lather.
  • Rinses cleanly without leaving my skin dry, tight or itchy.
CONS: 
  • Availability. I don't know of any other major retailer aside from Ulta that carry the Cupcake Couture body washes, but there is a store locator here if you'd like to check for indie retailers in your area.

THE LAST BITE: It totally makes sense, when I think about it, that I'd love the formula (and fragrance) of this body wash. Vitabath has been around for over 55 years and I'm guessing that either you, your mom or your grandmother has owned their iconic Spring Green Bath & Shower Gelee at some point. It's a classic for a reason, and that reason is that Vitabath knows how to make a quality body wash. I'm absolutely loving their newer, more youthful line of body mists and body washes and if you love lemon cake, you kind of NEED Luscious Lemon Créme. Seriously, the formula of this body wash is superior to the last five or so Philosophy body washes I've owned, and they've definitely less expensive (Vitabath is 12 oz for $8 and Philosophy is 16 oz for $16.50).

Do you own any of the new Vitabath bath and body products? If so, I'd love to know what you think of them!

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. This sounds divine! I'm absolutely obsessed with anything lemon. I'm adding it to my list for my next Ulta order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried the Spring Green one, but years ago my mom had the blue one, the Spa scent, and I looooved it so much! I still love how amazing it smells, but I can't get myself to splurge on the pricey products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember using the Vitabath line of bath products - both the Spring Green you mention and the blue version - since I was little, because I know when I was younger I had a ton of dry skin problems and rashes on my body. Most body washes also leave my skin dry/rubbery (though I was able to use Dove body wash when abroad), even now, but Vitabath doesn't. We always get the huge bottle with the pump and I swear, it lasts all year long. I'm really interested in seeing these new products 'cause I love products scented like baked goods!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get my vitabath shower gels from amazon, I use subscribe and save and its only $6.79 a bottle =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, sounds like it would make a good pair with the JR Watkins Lemon Creme lotion! I always loved the original Spring Green Vitabath, and as far as the new line I've tried the Rose and the Cherry and both are so good that I know I'll be trying more scents in the future. Definately better than Philosophy imo too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just checked out the suggestion from Doodlebugmom, and Amazon does have lots of Vitabath products as part of their "add-on" program. I had a hard time finding this program listed anywhere on the Amazon homepage. I even looked at several links, etc. I ended up clicking the "help" link at the top of the site and typing in "subscribe" to find information about it. You do have to subscribe to it, and here is what the Amazon website says about this program:

    "About Subscribe & Save

    With Subscribe & Save, you receive a discount off Amazon's everyday low price, free standard shipping, and the convenience of automatic deliveries when you receive your subscriptions on your monthly Subscribe & Save delivery day. There are no commitments, obligations, or fees and you can cancel a subscription at any time.

    To find eligible Subscribe & Save products, browse our Subscribe & Save store or search Amazon.com for Subscribe & Save followed by the product you're interested in.

    The discount you receive for each order will be calculated using the Amazon.com price for the item on the day each order is placed. Therefore, if the price of the item increases or decreases, the amount you're charged may also increase or decrease.

    All Subscribe & Save orders receive a discount over the regular price of the item. The current discount percentage for each item is posted on the product detail page when you sign up. Amazon reserves the right to change the discount amount at any time in its sole discretion. If an item has already shipped before the discount percentage changes, you will receive the old discount percentage on that order but will receive the new discount percentage on future orders."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must must must find this! I was just bemoaning the fact that I cannot find a lemon scented body wash and/or body spray! Wish me luck in finding it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Good Luck* and incase you're interested, The Body Shop makes a lemon body wash that is also sold at Ulta. It comes in a large pump bottle. It is more of a true lemon aroma and not a creamy, sugared lemon. I personally wait for coupons + sales as they are kinda pricy.

      Delete
    2. Victoria Secret came out with a lemon coconut scent this summer, the perfume is delicious, as is the rest of it. The scent is more lemon vanilla, I don't get coconut from it much.

      Delete
  8. I need a new body wash anyway, and I love that this is sulfate-free. Just ordered this one and the Grapefruit Vanilla - I'm a sucker for citrus scents. Next I may try the Citron Leaves. For only $8 a bottle, I can try multiple scents, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for posting the ingredients! Regular VitaBath contains lanolin, so as much as I love the scent I can't use it. I'm excited to try the new lanolin-free additions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the dreamy pink frosting !!! It smells amazing !!! My whole bathroom smells like a bakery when I use my vitabath.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see this body wash getting recognized - this scent from Vitabath is one of my all-time favorites!! Definitely a must for any lemon lover.

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg that looks delicious! and i love that it's paraben-free. i'll have to try it soon

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig