Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, January 18, 2013

Five Buck Friday


I can't believe how quickly this week flew by. Here we are again at Friday, so it's time for another look at some Nouveau Cheap-approved beauty products that will, of course, set you back a grand total of five bucks! So let's get started:

NYC Matte Me Crazy Top Coat (retail: $1.99 for 0.33 oz, wherever NYC products are sold). This was such a great surprise when I first tried it last April (click here for my full review). Unlike some other affordable matte top coats I've tried in the past that left with me more of a satin-matte look, Matte Me Crazy delivers on its matte effect, and is probably the least expensive matte top coat out there. If you don't like the look of 100% matte nails, consider applying Matte Me Crazy over your entire nail (on top of your favorite polish) and then adding a glossy top coat to just your tips for a fun take on the classic French manicure (like this).

L'Oreal Feria Color Moisturizing Treatment (retail: $2.99 at Sally Beauty for 1.0 oz, $2.69 for Sally Club Members). I don't usually recommend trial sizes in this series, but this is an exception since I think it's wise to try a sample before purchasing a full size tube (the full-size tube is $8.79 at Sally Beauty for 6.0 oz, or $7.99 for Sally Club members). So here's the deal: if you've ever colored your hair at home using a box kit from the drugstore, you know that the conditioners that come in those kits are kind of amazing. They instantly detangle the hair like a hot knife through butter, and they can leave even the most coarse or dry hair feeling and looking like silk. Many years ago, I was in search of an affordable drugstore equivalent to those conditioners, and a co-worker told me about the L'Oreal Feria Color Moisture Treatment available at Sally Beauty. I bought it immediately and I've loved it ever since. It's very, very close to the conditioners your find in at-home hair color kits, and the price is right. Granted you can get the same effect with salon brand conditioners or treatments, but if you're on a tight budget, I think you might be very pleased with this one. Don't take my word for it though--check out the reviews on the Sally website here.

That's it for this installment of Five Buck Friday. Have you tried either of these products? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I need to try the L'Oreal Feria! I save my conditioners from my at home color kits and prize them, and wondered why I couldn't get that from a regular conditioner. Also, I use the Hair One from Sally (dupe for Wen) and am sick of it. Its such a process, ugh! My husband loves how it makes my hair look but I just don't have the time. Would love an industrial strength conditioner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NYC MATTE ME CRAZY is crazy good!! I've almost used the entire bottle, & when I go back for another, I plan to buy at least 2 so that I'll always have an extra on hand! The price is just one of it's many benefit's, my favorite is that (unlike some cheap brands) you can wash your hands or shower as much as you please & it doesn't seem to wear off or shine up at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Feria Color Moisturizing Treatment! It's what I use post color, and throughout, actually, to keep my (now) fucshia hair vibrant. It leaves it SO SOFT, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta get both of these...on a similar note has anyone found the new NYC nail colors? I have been hunting for them to no avail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I can't stand Feria haircolor (it fries my hair) I am in love with the conditioner! For my fine hair I can use it as a deep conditioning treatment without weighing my hair down. I love that I can buy it separately at Sally's.

    I don't know how I missed your review of NYC's Matte Top Coat! I will definitely have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to buy the NYC Matte Me Crazy tonight thanks! What a good price! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig