Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, July 16, 2012

Revlon acquires Pure Ice and Bon Bons (and more beauty news)


I usually try to scan the cosmetics news sites once a week or so but I'm a bit behind right now, so I apologize if the following stories are old news to some of you. I think they're worth sharing though, so here we go:
  • Last year Revlon purchased Sinful Colors. THIS year it's Pure Ice and Bon Bons Cosmetics. I wonder if that means we'll see more dupes and better access to both brands?
  • St. Ives' popular Timeless Skin Apricot Scrub is now officially 100% sulfate-free (as well as paraben-free and phthalate-free).
  • Cargo Cosmetics gets a new owner (which might explain why reader Pocket Witch mentioned the other day that select Sephora inside JCPenney locations currently have Cargo products at 50% off. Thanks again for the heads-up, Pocket Witch!).
  • A new line of nail polish that's not only Big Three Free, but composed of ingredients that are of 85% natural original (wood pulp, potato, etc.).
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Wow! Thanks for keeping us posted G! That is crazy about Revlon and Boots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the updates. I would have never known these things if not for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not so crazy about Revlon taking over yet another nail polish brand. This time two. I would love to see some smaller companies make it. But this news is full of buying and selling of companies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...it's the way of the world these days...

      Delete
  4. I wonder where the french skincare is going to be sold.. anyone know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoElla, that's a link to the Embryolisse website in that article, and they have a store locator!

      Delete
  5. You had me at Resident Evil: The Fragrance

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig