Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, June 28, 2012

Spotted at Walgreens: e.l.f. Studio Beauty-On-The-Go Palettes

Here's another fun side-cap display to look for at your local Walgreens (in addition to the Wet n Wild Fergie polishes)!

Longtime reader Kathleen spotted this e.l.f. Studio Beauty-On-The-Go Palette display at her local Walgreens this week and was nice enough to share!

image credit: Kathleen for Nouveau Cheap  
e.l.f. Studio Beauty-On-The-Go Palettes
(retail: $3 each or 2/$5 at Walgreens)

Each palette contains 10 eyeshadows, 2 glosses, and 1 blush or bronzer. At Walgreens, these retail for $3 each or 2/$5 but on the e.l.f. website they retail for $3 each (without a 2/$5 deal).

If you're unfamiliar with the Studio Beauty-On-The-Go palettes, there are TWO components to these kits. There's the actual palettes, which do not have a lid, and then there's the (empty) Single Compact, which is also available for $3 or 2/$5 in the same display above.

You can also purchase larger compacts on the e.l.f. website for $5. Here's a video that breaks it all down for you:





There are 10 palettes available on the e.l.f. website, but it looks like not all ten shades are in the Walgreens display (four, maybe)? The palette that Kathleen purchased is Pretty Picnic. Here's a close-up:

image credit: Kathleen for Nouveau Cheap
e.l.f. Studio Beauty-On-The-Go Single Palette in Pretty Picnic

Looks to me that this is a nice set of nude shades that could possibly be another alternative to the Urban Decay Naked Palette, huh?

Thanks SO much, Kathleen, for the great sighting and pics!

Have YOU spotted this new e.l.f. display at your local Walgreens yet? Thoughts?
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. My town has two Walgreen's stores and they're the good twin/evil twin pair. One (further away, wouldn't you know it) has all the new cosmetic items and the other one is always, "Huh?"

    Tomorrow when I go across town to the Good Walgreen's for the Essie silver polish I want (which the Evil Walgreen's doesn't carry), I'll look for these e.l.f. palettes. Thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Looks like I will have to hit Walgreen's this week! I have been wanting to try these. But, always hesitated on ordering them. Now I can see them in person. Yay! :) Thanks for the post G!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully others have had better experiences with this line than I have, but I ordered one of these palettes from e.l.f.s website and it was awful...I always think "$3 isn't much of a gamble, if it's not great than that's ok." but this was the worst, I couldn't get any color payoff from any of the shadows or the blush. I tried everything and eventually just threw it away. Some e.l.f. products are worth it, but it seems like for every great deal (eye primer) there's a complete bust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few of those from the holiday pallette and it's hit or miss on the shadows, the lippies are nice colors without much staying power, but it's worth $3 for the blushes alone...they are great! My opinion, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. E.l.f. has great blushes. I don't know anything about their powder e/s. However, I really like their cream e/s, though they dry out kind of fast if you aren't careful about storage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been back and forth about trying these. I have a lot of elf stuff I really like but there have been some horrible items too. My 100 palette looks completely abused and so do some of my studio blushes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. maybe its just me, but it seems pretty unfair of them (maybe a little money greedy?) to sell the palette AND the case separately. if the case were to hold different shadows as well (like u can with the one dollar ones) but these are very specific to these shadows. definitely not even a "must try" for me...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have :o)! As a matter of fact it was yesterday! I went to Walgreen's after work to look for the new Jordana Lipshines (which I really really recomend these lipbalms, they are great!) and I saw the end cap w/the ELF products and being an ELF cosmetics lover I bought the Pretty Picnic pallet too. Did not try it this morning but I know it is going to be good, LOVE the warm/neutral colors :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are NEW Jordana Lip Shines?!?!? I reviewed every shade in the range last year and have been dreaming that they'd release more colors!! Please let us know the details! A lot of us looooove those little gems. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  9. I have these in Pretty Picnic, Day on the Beach, and Shopping Spree! The shadows are hit and miss in quality, especially the mattes. There are some gorgeous shades in there, though, and I use some for brow work. They aren't uber-pigmented, though, but that's a plus for me because I like my makeup fairly sheer. The lip colors are typical palette disappointments, and the blushes are pretty good. I definitely like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't seen these yet, but at one of my Walgreens I've seen two of the $5 palettes (the browns and purples I think was the other) and a set of lip glosses for $5. I was surprised to see them, but bought the brown palette and LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found these palettes on clearance at my local Walmart for $1.75. They were in a small basket below the nail polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got some of these last holiday season as a gift set with 2 cases and I think there were 8 palettes with it and have been so pleased with the colors and how well they really worked with my fair skin tone. I love the blushes and they come in colors you just don't usually find. The lip colors are pretty too and look great on but don't have a lot of staying power to them. I'm going to look for these and stock up as they are a great bargain! The only complaint I have is over time with use the powder from the shadows tends to fallout in to the lip gloss and highlighter :( Other than that, I love these and you can't beat the price for all you get!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I spotted/bought a two-palette set at Big Lots ($5, I think). While the neutral e/s isn't too bad quality-wise, the colorful one (blues, greens) is, um, a pass. I swatched and swatched and swatched with brushes, fingers, sponge applicators and couldn't get any color.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig