Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, May 25, 2012

Rite Aid Haul (40% off Revlon sale starts this Sunday!)

For most of the US, Revlon cosmetics will be on sale for 40% off starting THIS Sunday (5/25) at Rite Aid. But since I live in San Diego (which is a Rite Aid test market, along with LA), the sales start a bit earlier. That means I got to take advantage of the Revlon 40% off sale TODAY (Friday) and I wanted to share my haul with you.

The important thing to note here: my Rite Aid had the Revlon Balm Stain display, French Mix display, new scented polish display, ColorStay shadow sticks. mascara and Whipped Creme makeup displays out! So if you've been wanting to try some new Revlon products, get them this Sunday (if you live near a Rite Aid)!

Sadly, my Balm Stain display was pretty wiped out, but I did manage to grab some other things I've been wanting to try (and will of course review in the near future):


Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup in Nude
Revlon Scented Polish in Fig Jam
Revlon French Mix polishes in Kiss & Tell and Moonstruck
CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in Smoke Alarm (not on sale)


I'd been wanting the French Mix duo in Moonstruck ever since I showed it to you in a previous post, but Kiss & Tell really took me by surprise. The yellow shade has hidden peachy-pink shimmer and the orange shade has hidden silver shimmer. So lovely! 

By the way, Fig Jam doesn't look too pretty in my pics, but in person I think it's a really pretty bronze with gold sparkle. I'll be sure to swatch it soon, as well as the French Mix shades.

I'm SUPER excited to try the ColorStay Whipped Creme makeup, but I had a heck of a time selecting a shade. I hope I got the right one, but it's really hard to see the colors since they're in thick glass jars which sort of distort the shades.

Also, I just had to get one of those new CG Eye Enhancers that I showed you a little while back. Smoke Alarm totally called out to me, and I'll be sure to review it soon if you're interested.

Happy Shopping this Sunday, and I'm ALMOST done with my Revlon Balm Stain review...should be up this weekend!
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Do you happen to remember if the cream blush was on sale? OR is the entire line on sale? This would be perfect with a coupon D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All Revlon will be 40% off! The problem is that most of the Rite Aids in my area haven't put out the new stuff - especially the Balm Stains.

      Delete
  2. Fig Jam smells AWESOME!!! I love it! Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just picked up the Whipped Creme foundation, and loved the finish and coverage. I blindly guessed the color (I think I picked the second fairest) and it blended beautifully into my olive skin. It never really dried down, and I was still shiny at the end of the day, but the finish was so lovely, I thought I'd play around with setting powders to see how it works. I wore it for two days and then started noticing small whiteheads erupting on my face so stopped wearing it immediatly.

    But then I got my period. So I can't tell if the poor foundation has anything to do with my zits. I'll try it again in a few days. I'm very curious how it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought Moonstruck about a week ago, it is absolutely GORGEOUS! I hope you love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhh, you taunt me with Rite Aid stuff!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok now I've got my fingers crossed the balm stain display they put out last week isn't too empty, cause I've got some +UP dollars to spend! Thanks for this info!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to see a review of the Cover Girl shadow trio! Also, I'm really looking forward to the Revlon balm stain review!

    G, have you done a post on makeup storage? I really enjoyed your post re nail polish storage a while back, and your great reviews and tips are causing me to need some more makeup space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got some of the kissable just bitten lip balm things and the whipped foundation from Revlon.I took advantage of walgreens 30% off sale this week. I love them both. I went back and got more of the lip balms today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I picked up the foundation and the balm stains this week while they were 30% off at walgreens. I love them both. I even went back and got more of the balms today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. they already have the signs up for 40% off i just went today to get my clearance revlon color burst lip glosses for $0.87!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the reminder. I'll check my lucky store to see if they have the balm stains. I just got on board with the lip butters about a month ago, and now have another set of lip products I need to hunt down.

    I would love a review of the CoverGirl eyeshadow. Shimmering Sands is one of my favorites. Smoke Alarm looks like a great set of neutrals which I'm all about.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish Rite Aid was still in Vegas! They closed them all and became dollar generals or aarons. :( I'm still looking for those new Covergirl Quads too.......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! Would you tell us soon if that color for the Whipped Creme Colorstay Makeup worked out for you? I happen to be NC 20 as well and it would be sooo helpful. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate there is no Rite Aid here in Jacksonville, Florida. Im going 2 my hometown of Detroit in a few weeks 2 see my parents so I'll be hitting Rite Aid up then. Got my reward card from them during last years visit home. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am loooooving that new colorstay whipped foundation! i had a hard time picking a shade too and almost didnt get it, i wanted to see if ulta had testers out to make sure, my ulta hasnt gotten it in yet. so i decided to go for it and got Nude at target and its perfect! im usually really good at picking my shades but the glass jar makes it almost impossible to tell! anyway, i love it! its got great coverage like my original liquid colorstay im obsessed with but its not as heavy feeling, if that makes sense haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. I reviewed Mint Gelato from the new Revlon scented line & it is absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Im NC15 and the lightest ivory shade in the whipped foundation works great for me~! Im guessing NC20s is buff (yellow shade) or the nude shade

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fig Jam is a beautiful color G! I bet you will love it. I can't wait to read what you think about the new foundation. I'm thinking it will be a bit much for my skin during the summer, but will work fantab during the cooler months.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I tried the whipped foundation yesterday In Ivory and it was WAY too dark for me and had a strange pink tint to it. I've been using the mousse makeup in Vanilla and it is easily 2-3 shades lighter than any of the other fair foundations by Revlon. Still a touch dark for me but I mix some white color corrector into it and it works great.

    I also just bought 6 of the balm stains and LOVE them. I wish I had a Rite Aid In South Florida...they always have the best deals.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig