Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, September 26, 2011

Ten Questions with Phyrra


Time again for another installment of Ten Questions, my ongoing interview series where I ask the same ten questions to one of my favorite beauty bloggers. Today's interview is with the lovely Phyrra of Phyrra.net

Phyrra and I go way back, and I immediately fell in love with her bright, bold makeup looks the first time I visited her blog (the things she does with color are insane!). Whether she knows it or not, her posts have given me a gentle nudge to step out of my comfort zone over the years and have fun with color. Phyrra's one of the sweetest bloggers I know--always ready to answer a question or give a recommendation, and she is my number one go-to person for all things mineral makeup. If I have a question about a mineral makeup brand or I need a recommendation, I ask her first.

Phyrra

1) Why did you start your blog?

Originally, I started my blog because I went looking for reviews on mineral makeup and couldn't find very many. There were a few out there, the best being TheShadesofU, so I decided that I'd share my adventures with mineral makeup as well.

2) What are your favorite high end brands?

NARS and Make Up For Ever are my favorite high end brands. I'm not sure where you classify MAC or Urban Decay.

3) What are your favorite mass market/drugstore brands?

I really like Milani and sometimes Covergirl.

4) Name three four of your Holy Grail products.
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Morgana Cryptoria Lipsticks
Meow Pampered Puss foundation in Inquisitive Siamese

5) How would you classify your personal style?

Eclectic, though I lean towards gothic.

6) What's your favorite thing about having a blog?

Getting to interact with my readers.

7) What non-beauty-related websites do you visit on a regular basis?

http://www.techwr-l.com/
http://www.aq.com/
http://www.schoolbites.net/

8) What's your favorite television program?

Right now it's True Blood.

9) Who is your celebrity crush?

Hmmm, maybe Ian Somerhalder.

10) If you didn't have a blog, how would you use that extra time?

I'd probably play more video games or read more books, though I still read a fair amount of books, regardless.

Thanks so much, Phyrra! I'm glad to see you're a member of the beauty-bloggers-who-love-True-Blood society. :)
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Phyrra's blog is one of the first beauty blogs I followed, and still do. I may be meeting her next month at a meeting and I'm ecstatic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* Phyrra too, I found her early on in my transition from YT to blogging and I've been a huge fan of hers ever since. Well, you probably already know that G, haha! :) I think she's gorgeous, and then she's wicked smart and funny as well? Plus, she inspires me to try colors I wouldn't have tried together before. I have always liked bright colors, but she has the most wonderful pairings.
    Love the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Phyrra is so sweet - and her bold, colorful looks are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! Love Phyrra! So beautiful and talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phyrra rocks! We share a love for minerals & color. She's my go-to blogger for "Indie" type brands. I always learn from her. Plus, she's a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for your kind words! It warms my heart <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the sweet comments--I'm SO happy to hear that you all love Phyrra as much as I do. :)

    And Phyrra: *hugs* xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig