Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How I got Dr. Bronner's Organic Lip Balm for $0.69 this week at CVS

If you haven't been to CVS this week, get over there ASAP and scan your Extra Care card at the red scanner box, because you might receive a coupon for $2 off any beauty product with NO minimum purchase! This is basically free money for you to spend on a beauty product!

I had been wanting to try one of Dr. Bronner's Organic Lip Balms ever since I saw them pop up at CVS a few months ago (I'm a big fan of their liquid and bar soaps). Well, they retail for $2.69, so with that coupon I ended up paying just $0.69 for this one:

 Dr. Bronner's Magic All-One Organic Lip Balm in Orange Ginger
(retail: $2.69 at CVS, 0.15 oz)




For those of you who don't live in San Diego, Escondido is a suburb of San Diego. I love that their products are made right here at home!


Here's my quickie review of this balm (I've only been using it for two days so far):

If you like the scent of real orange and real ginger, you're going to love the fragrance of this balm. To me, it smells divine! The flavor is VERY natural-tasting. This balm does not have sweetness (aside from the natural sweetness of orange and ginger oils). It does not taste like candied ginger or candied orange--it tastes like real ginger and real orange.

I find this balm to go on very easily; it glides across the lips with no tugging or pulling. It's creamy without feeling too oily. My one complaint is that it's a pretty thin balm, meaning it doesn't leave a thick, protective coating behind. My lips are eternally dry, so I like a nice, rich coating on my lips. I do find I have to reapply this product every two hours or so. 

Other than that, I love that this product contains all organic ingredients (aside from the tocopherol, aka Vitamin E). And I also love that the first two ingredients are jojoba and avocado oils, since those are two of my favorite oils.

I absolutely don't regret this purchase--especially at just $0.69!

Have you scanned your CVS card this week? If so, did you get the $2 off beauty coupon?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Thanks for the heads up to scan our cards!
    I have $5 in EBs that I got from scanning my card last week as the beauty club reward and I was wondering if I could use this $2 coupon with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balls, I was just there yesterday and only got two useless (for me) coupons!

    I do have $5 in beauty bucks though, that's pretty damn sweet. I *love* their beauty club. It's the best damn thing they've come up with. That's really all I buy from drugstores (and I mostly shop at CVS), aside from the occasional toothpaste or floss.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig