Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tuff Scent Passion (Lemongrass Ginger Scent Infused Nail Polish)

If you caught my post about the re-launch of the 90s brand Tuff Scent, then you know I was so excited to see that this company offers scented polishes in much more unique fragrance options than your typical grape, strawberry, etc. No sir, we're talking scents like fig, almond, plumeria, jasmine and china rain!

I was recently sent one of Tuff Scent's polishes for review, and the scent of this polish just so happens to be a personal favorite of mine for things like lotion, candles and soap. So how does lemongrass ginger translate to nail polish? Keep reading!


Tuff Scent Scent Infused Nail Polish in Passion
(retail: $14, 0.5 oz)

Before I get into this review, I want to tell you that even though these polishes retail for $14, Tuff Scent offers free shipping on all domestic orders, so if you're thinking about placing an order, that will offset the cost a bit.

Passion is one little chameleon of a color! In certain lights it's a dusty nude, while in other lights it's a shimmering rose-gold, and then it can shift into pale pinky-salmon. This is precisely why I featured two photos of this polish in the above pic--one pic just didn't seen to accurately represent this shade!

But before I get into that, let's take a closer look at the bottle:




I love the rose-shaped cap on this bottle--and I also love the long, cylindrical shape of the glass as well. It's such a unique design, and even though it's a bit more narrow than your average bottle, it still contains the exact amount of polish as a bottle of China Glaze or Sinful Colors (0.5 oz).

Now let's get back to the chameleon-like color of Passion:


Depending on the lighting, the shimmer in this polish is either rose-gold or pink. Normally I don't go for nude shades, but the shimmer in this one takes this polish from a standard work-appropriate shade to something with just a bit more pizazz. It's exactly the kind of nude I would wear--it's just unique enough for my tastes without crossing the line into NSFW (not safe for work).

In the bottle, you have to tilt this polish just so before you can see the shimmer. HOWEVER, on the nail, the shimmer is much more apparent, which I love. 

I took lots of pictures in various forms of lighting so that you can see the chameleon-like properties of this polish for yourself:








I hope these pictures give you a better idea of what type of shade Passion it--I definitely think it's complex without being over-the-top.

Now, on to the SCENT: 

If you like lemongrass ginger, I think you're going to love this polish. I can smell both the tangy lemongrass note and the spicy ginger note before this polish even dries. Once it's dry, I can smell the fragrance before I even put my hand to my nose. It's strong, but not too strong. I'd say I can start to smell the fragrance when my hands are about 5-6 inches away from my nose, if that helps give you an idea of the power of this scent.

I do want to tell you that Passion took a little bit longer to dry than other polishes in my stash, but I owe at least part of that to the fact that it was 100 degrees and very humid when I applied this polish. I used a quick-dry top coat to speed up the process, but I could still smell the lemongrass ginger fragrance even with a top coat, which was great. Also, I've been wearing this polish for about three days now and no chips yet.

If you love scented polishes but you're not crazy about the scent selection of your average drugstore collection, Tuff Scent is for you. You just can't find scented polishes in fragrances like these at the drugstore, and the shades and packaging are beautiful to boot! If you'd like to see swatches of Tuff Scent's Believe (jasmine scented) and Explore (plumeria scented), definitely check out Jen's fab review here.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig