Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Nouveau Cheap readers have spoken and here's what you want to see!

The results of my latest Reader Poll are in, and I hear you loud and clear! After running this poll for one month and receiving 933 votes, here's what YOU would like to see more of on this blog:

Dollar store finds 351 (37%)
 Drugstore hauls (using coupons, store rewards, etc.) 451 (48%)
 Drugstore dupes 605 (64%)
 Drugstore sightings 335 (35%)
 Coupon alerts 378 (40%)
 Sale alerts 450 (48%)
 Giveaways 192 (20%)
 Product reviews - bath, body, fragrance 110 (11%)
 Product reviews - haircare 210 (22%)
 Product reviews - makeup 569 (60%)
 Product reviews - nail products 339 (36%)
 Product reviews - skincare 258 (27%)
 Product reviews - tools 196 (21%)
 Follow-up reviews (of previously reviewed products) 328 (35%)
 Vintage Vault 262 (28%)
 Beauty news 191 (20%)
 What I'm loving right now... 388 (41%)
 Etsy/etailer reviews 138 (14%)
 Reader reviews 85 (9%)
 other 21 (2%)

In first place with a whopping 605 votes, you'd like to see more Drugstore Dupes
In second place with 569 votes, you would like to see more Makeup Reviews
In third place with 451 votes, you would like to see more Drugstore Hauls

Also earning a respectable number of votes: 
Sale alerts (450 votes)
What I'm loving right now... (388 votes)
Coupon alerts (378 votes)

Rounding out the bottom were:
Bath, Body and Fragrance Reviews (110 votes)
Reader Reviews (85 votes)
Other (21 votes)

What I learned from this poll? A TON OF THINGS, but most importantly I learned that you all LOVE your makeup and want to see more makeup-oriented posts! Ask and you shall receive, my lovelies. 

I also learned that even though I'm extremely passionate about bath, body and fragrance products, many of you don't quite seem to share that passion with me. This doesn't mean I'll stop reviewing those types products completely (I could never do that) but I will try to be mindful of your interests and keep them to a minimum.

Thank you all so VERY much for giving me your input on this poll, and if you voted "Other" I would LOVE to hear what other types of things you would like me to cover on this blog.

And while I've got your attention, I would LOVE it if you'd take a minute to vote on my new poll (see right-hand sidebar). We're tackling "best brands" again, and this time I'd love to know what you favorite drugstore mascara brand is, so please vote! This time around I narrowed the options down to the major brands that manufacture the most popular drugstore mascaras, just to make it easier (although you can always vote "other" if your fave isn't represented on the list, and you'll have an option to rave about that brand when I post the results). 

Thank you SO much!
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. G, you have the best blog!! Seriously. When I want to know what's hot, coming up or new, I can rely on you. Lemming-creater, yep. You are the quenn Lemmingator! Your blog is special because you listen to your readers and that's something not common with beauty blogs.

    There are plenty of other blogs I love. But you are my one-stop blog for discount beauty products.

    Keep up the great work. Your loyal follower, Me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the reason why bath/body/fragrance/skincare posts are not as popular is that they're so subjective and everyone has their different skintype/favorite scent/etc. Unfortunately we can't exactly scratch and sniff our computer screens so these types of posts are less useful to the reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm disappointed that more people didn't vote for Vintage Vault, those are some of my favorite posts!

    I didn't vote for hair care or skin care, but that doesn't mean when I see those posts I'm rolling my eyes and saying, "Oh geez another body lotion post!" It just means they aren't my favorite, but I still read them and I still buy those things based on your recommendations! So don't go thinking we'll get all annoyed with you if you have a series on shampoo, or body wash, etc. I have a feeling the other readers are like me and we just told you what our favorites are, and didn't mean to say that just because something isn't a favorite means we hate reading about it, or don't want you to post about it. (It might be a good Wednesday Question to ask about this?)

    I really don't want you to change a thing about what you've been doing. Nouveau Cheap is my...and many other readers, favorite blog for a reason, and you wouldn't have so many followers if you had been boring us with stuff we don't want to read all this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad makeup reviews got so many votes, because that's mostly what I come here for. I don't often buy makeup or anything else in drugstores, since they tend to price everything higher than big box retailers where I normally shop. Plus, I get loads of good brand name goodies at Big Lots and Dollar Tree and I order on line from indie makeup companies.

    Also probably the reason I've never understood the obsession with "dupes." There was a time when I would spend money on a certain brand of cosmetics sold by ladies in lab coats when I was in my 20s and thought it was important to buy department store makeup. That was then. I could care less what colors the designers have now. I know I'm in the minority here, but I just don't fall for the hype.

    That's why I read this blog - because I am interested in the products I actually would buy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Youre blog is SERIOUSLY my favorite blog I have ever found. Just use your best judgement of what to review, and I am sure we will love it!

    Also, I would LOVE to see more Vintage Vault posts, please!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig