Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, June 24, 2011

My Marathon Milani Manicure

Remember when I showed you my manicures using the new Sinful Colors polishes this past Monday? Well, I actually did the manicure using Sinful Colors Adventure Island on Sunday (June 18th) and I've been wearing that mani all week, until today (June 24th).

I know I already told you how incredible the new Milani Smoothé Base Coat and Glossé Top Coat were for me in this review, but I just have to brag about this because it's kind of incredible.

Here's the manicure I applied on June 18th, taken just MINUTES ago, today, on June 24th:

My manicure, six days after application

Now keep in mind that this manicure has endured LOTS of abuse. I went used-bookstore-shopping on Monday (for Mr. G's birthday) which included pulling countless books off bookstore shelves (and then returning them to the shelves). Also, I did two heavy-duty sessions of dish-washing (we're talking a full sink of dishes both times) and countless meals prepared with lots of vegetable-washing and chopping. Oh and of course LOTS of typing.

This is my dominant hand (left hand) and my right hand looks even better!

What I find truly incredible is that usually Sinful Colors polishes only seem to last me three days, four if I'm lucky, without serious chipping and/or peeling. And that's even while using my beloved Orly Bonder Base Coat and Seche Vite Top Coat.

For the above mani, I used one coat of Milani Smoothé Base Coat, two coats of Sinful Colors Adventure Island, and one coat of Milani Glossé Top Coat (except for my ring finger, where I included a coat of Sinful Colors Green Ocean on top of the two coats of Adventure Island, followed by a coat of Milani Glossé Top Coat ).

While I can't guarantee that the new Milani Smoothé Base Coat and Glossé Top Coat are going to work equally as well for you (everyone's body chemistry is different), I just had to share this because, quite frankly, I'm a little bit stunned.

PS: I know I mentioned earlier that Milani Glossé Top Coat doesn't dry for me as quickly as Seche Vite does, but I want to clarify that it DOES dry quickly. It's just that, for me, Seche Vite dries almost instantaneously, while Milani take a minute or two longer. But generally speaking, I still consider it to be a quick-drying top coat and it's dry to the touch within about 5 minutes after application, although if you really apply a lot of pressure, you will probably see an indentation. Meaning, it's not FULLY dry in five minutes, but the surface is dry in about five minutes. I find that it's completely dry in about 20 minutes for me. Also, I continue to be impressed with how shiny this top coat is, even several days into my manicures.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Wow! That's impressive. I might have to pick up those two. I had *horrible* results with Orly Bonder - my polish would peel off in huge chunks the day after I did it, whether I used Poshe or Seche Vite topcoat. So I've been using some generic whatever base I picked up at Sallys, with Poshe because I find it dries a lot faster than Seche Vite. But if Milani's topcoat is that fast-drying...yeah, I'll definitely have to check out that set. I don't like having to redo my nails every other day, y'know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on the hunt for these Milanis but since my CVS is The Center of All Lameness in the Universe I doubt they will get them in.
    My last 'I can't believe its lasted this long' mani was a SC, but I did Qtica NNGS, one coat of Gelous, two coats of color, another coat of Gelous, then Out the Door. That lasted six days with the barest hint of edgewear and I only took it off because I was bored with Mint Apple.
    Sadly I've never had any luck with SV and I'm starting to think its me. Last time I used it I was using CND Stickey as a basecoat (which dried my nails out, so maybe it was to blame) and my polish just lifted off in sheets. My HGs continue to be Out the Door or Avon Top Coat, the purple one that is advertised as a UV blocker (un peu ludicrous because if you are in the sun long enough for your POLISH to fade, you are in serious trouble, but its cheap so I don't complain) and IS a quick dry even though it isn't advertised as such.
    I have a brand new red bottle SH but I haven't violated it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes Batman!!!!! Gotta add this combo to my ever lengthing list for the 20 minute trek to CVS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Sinful Colors in Hazard. A creamy orange (with about the same vibrancy of Adventure Island) when it is in the bottle, but deeper once it dries. They were on sale at the mighty Walgreens, so I picked this color up for Halloween. I had never tried it before and I didn't expect to be surprised, but I had seen you use it on this blog, so why not?

    After two coats (no base coat either), I fell in love! I work in retail, so I use my hands heartily every day. People see my hands and nails, so I have to make sure there are no chips! I simply painted another coat over the top when I had growout....GROWOUT before substantial tip chips! Imagine that! I guess I need to pick up some more of these creme colors. Maybe that is the link? Are there any other Sinful Colors that you notice to last this long?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig