Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spotted at the drugstore: too much to list in this title (pic heavy)

The backside of Petco Park, downtown San Diego

OK, so the other day I had to wake up and take my dear boyfriend, Mr. G, to an academic conference in downtown San Diego. I love it when he's in what I like to call "sexy professor mode", and I didn't want to leave him, but I had investigating to do!  I figured since I had the day to myself, I would make the most of it and visit several different drugstores that I don't normally get a chance to frequent, so I took photos along the way to share with you.

First of all, it broke my heart to see this and NOT go in:

 The MAC freestanding store in the Gaslamp District

...and not go in here either:

Urban Outfitters in the Gaslamp District

But again, I was on a drugstore-only mission, so here's what I spotted:

Did you know that Organix made SKINCARE products? I sure didn't!

Organix Coconut Milk Sugar Cane Self Warming Scrub, Teatree Spearmint Oil Control Toner, Cherry Blossom Raspberry Instant Lifiting Mask and Cherry Blossom Rose Water Refreshing Floral Toner

The retail price on everything except the Teatree Spearmint Oil Control Toner was $9.99 (the teatree toner was $7.99).

 Organix Cherry Blossom Asian Ginseng Refreshing Body Spray and
Coconut Milk White Lotus Finishing Body Mist
(retail: $9.99 each)

I was the MOST excited to see these body mists, because I am in LOVE with the scent of Organix Coconut Milk shampoo and conditioner. I could not resist getting the Coconut Milk White Lotus body mist because it smells EXACTLY like the Coconut Milk shampoo and conditioner. I'll review it soon so please check back if you're curious.


I finally spotted the Essie Braziliant collection!



I'm completely obsessed with Absolutely Shore (the super pale green pastel). I think it might be the palest green I've ever seen, which naturally means it must be mine someday. Do any of you own it, or anything else from this collection?


Have you seen these new Jellies by the brand Hedy's? they're clear little egg-shaped nail stickers:

 glow in the dark design (left), metallic rose design (right)

I finally spotted a counter display for the new Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Lipsticks that I showed you a while back, and this display also contains some new shades of Color Sensational Lipglosses:




Here's the new Neutrogena Healthy Skin Custom Glow Bronzers, and these special compacts come with a bronzer brush for $13.99:



There are two different shades (sorry, didn't catch the names). One's a bit lighter than the other.

 A close-up of the pattern on the bronzer

 Essence of Beauty (the CVS house brand) has new Cream Shower Scrubs!


And finally, I spotted yet another new Starry display at Rite Aid. This is for the Mineral Blush & 12 Eyeshadow Colors compact. It's hard to tell, but in real life these compacts are about the size of a small pancake. They're a pretty good size, and you get a lot of blush, as you can see.

That's it for this drugstore report. Thanks for reading, and let me know if you already own anything mentioned in this post! I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I don't think I have seen any of these new things you reported on.

    I want to see those stickers! I bet they are really cute IRL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the Organix Skincare at CVX also? I knew they made skincare, but only because I'm aware they have a weird $50 rebate on all their products right now. I say weird because I can't understand how the deal works. As far as I know, there are no stores near me that sell their skincare line though. Here's a link to the rebate info: http://beautypureandsimple.com/skinrebate-terms.asp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and thanks for the drugstore report! I think they are one of my favorite posts that you do. I love to see what to keep an eye out for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pale green nail polish, it's so pretty!! I must go check the new Essie collection soon! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, haven't seen any of those things yet, but I, too, LOVE the smell of Organix Coconut milk shampoo/conditioner (they just don't do anything for my hair.) And I LOVE whatever bright pinky/coral-ly lipcolor the model is wearing in the Maybelline Color Sensational display... I wants it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Neutrogena blush in 80 is Sunset Glow, so the other should be 70, Sunrise Glow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Coconut Milk White Lotus body spray looks like it would smell amazing. I can't wait for your review! Where did you find the Organix skincare stuff? I want to go find it now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES! I just looked up Organix website and they have rebates for skin care products! I want them but haven't seen them anywhere near me.
    Here's the rebate page:
    http://beautypureandsimple.com/Skincare-List.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh please please tell us the names of the new Maybelline lip glosses! You torture me by making it so that I can almost see the names but not quite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great info! And I didn't know that Mr. G is a professor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lot of new stuff at the drugstore. I was at CVS earlier and there was this guy on the phone talking to his wife while looking for a loose powder. He was red and frustrated coz he didn't know what the heck she was talking about. I interrupted and said, "uh..take a picture and send it to her" and he was like, "oh yeah huh?" LOL.

    I don't know why I said that story, I just thought it was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please tell me where you found the Organix skincare stuff. I want that! Are they going to be out everywhere soon?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crap.. Those Maybelline stuff look good x_X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that pale green! I've never been in a MAC store or at a MAC counter before!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I may possibly have bought Absolutely Shore, Meet me at Sunset, and that blue one (too lazy to get up at look at the name). Absolutely Shore is a really pretty pale celery green. Its was a 2 coater for me. I was worried it would be too pale but went really well with my skin tone (my hands are tan right now thanks to work) and gold rings.

    Meet Me at Sunset is the third one on the left (between the other orange Brazilant and the pink). Its a GORGEOUS orange jelly. I'm wearing it right now. Its so juicy looking. I haven't worn the blue yet but I love the silver shimmer running through it.

    And you just had to show the downtown Urban Outfitters. I've been trying hard to avoid going there. Its been really convenient to my wallet that they don't have a location at Fashion Valley

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am soooooo excited to see the Organix body sprays! I've used to use the Coconut Anti-Breakage Serum, but because I'm trying to get rid of silicones in my hair products, I have to nix it. I miss the scent of it so much and I'm thrilled I can get my coconut fix elsewhere!

    Where did you spot it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is only tangentially related, but is there a trick to applying Essie? I've tried with and without two different base coats, w/ and w/o a topcoat, and various drying times, and all I get is a streaky, bubbly mess that wipes off the first coat if I try to apply the second before an hour has passed. I can't believe everyone willingly pays $8 a pop for the same experience I'm having. I own "Topless and Barefoot," which I bought for a wedding, but a coworker of mine has some other shades and also can't stand the application. Help?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Which drugstore downtown did you see the Braziliant collection at? I feel like the downtown drugstores are terrible at getting new collections in so it would be exciting if they actually had something new!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love the Organix line, the Tea Tree Mint is my favorite shampoo :) I found the new Essie's in Rite Aide by me and had to have Absolutely Shore!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just saw the Essie braziliant collection at CVS for the first time today, and I love them all. I ended up with "braziliant" (the tangering orange with orange/gold shimmer) and "smooth sailing" (dark periwinkle with silvery/blue/purple shimmer).

    Cara - I usually use start with the OPI or Orly a ridge-filler, and then a couple of coats of Essie polish (it "likes" a think coat, in my experience), and then a quick-drop top coat like Orly's Sec-n-Dry or Seche Vite. I have the best results with this layers, and luckily my favorite Essie polishes are pigmented enough that a couple of coats are plenty.

    I hope you find a combo that works for you! Maybe you could trade for an Essie base coat to see if that works better for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig