Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mr. G's gifts from Spain

Remember a few months ago when I showed you the pictures that my boyfriend, Mr. G., sent me from Spain? While he was there he bought me all sorts of wonderful little presents, so I thought you might like to see them!

If you read my original post, you know that I asked him to go on a wild goose chase for me and bring back some drugstore (farmacia) beauty products because, well, of COURSE I would want drugstore beauty products from Spain, right?

It seems he had a bit of a difficult time finding anything on my list, but he MORE than made up for it by giving me some things he picked out himself (which are always the best kinds of presents, right?).

Spain is known for beautiful, handcrafted soaps, and this one he picked out for me smells AMAZING. I don't even want to use it, it smells that wonderful.

He also gave me these beautiful handmade silver earrings, which I LOVE and have been wearing nonstop.

Next, he gave me this pretty checkered scarf that he purchased from a street vendor at an outdoor festival. He said he got it because it would go perfectly with the color of my hair. It actually does!


And last but certainly not least, he gave me this bottle of perfume, which leaked during transit. This perfume means THE WORLD to me, because Mr. G remembered that my favorite scent in the entire world is tilleul (otherwise known as linden, linden flower, lime blossom or French lime blossom). He remembered how much I adore this scent, so he actually went around to different perfumerias to find it for me. Little did he know that they call tilleul "tilia" in Spain, but luckily someone pointed him the right direction.

I'm not just saying this because Mr. G traveled all over the Spanish countryside to find this for me, but I'm telling you, this perfume smells incredible. I have several tilleul-based fragrances in my stash, but none compare to this. The only thing that makes me sad is that half the bottle leaked before I ever got a chance to wear it. Needless to say, this will be a "for special occasions only" fragrance for me.

I hope you enjoyed seeing Mr. G's gifts from Spain. Thanks for reading!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Those are lovely gifts he picked out! I especially love that he chose something because it would match your hair (and was right), a lot of guys wouldn't think to do that :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...he's so sweet that he remember what you like:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to find lime blossom perfume and can't! Do you have any you recommend that are easily found in the states? I'm just dying to smell lime blossom perfume - and have been for years (a book brought on the obsession, I believe).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! Buying you something because it would go with your hair is the CUTEST thing I have ever heard. You're a lucky gal Miss G!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet of him! That is seriously the coolest thing I've seen in a while (and the nicest!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwwwww! I love those earrings. Mr. G sounds like an incredibly sweet guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so nice of him to bring you such lovely gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your boyfriend is such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mr. G is the sweetest. My boyfriend would never be so clever to buy a scarf that matched my hair (thought it is just average black/brown hair).
    I hope you two are reunited soon unless you already are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, Mr G. is a sweetie. :-) Have you tried linden tea? It not only smells great, it's awesome when you can't sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the sweetest ever! I love the earrings & everything is so thoughtful. He knows you well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems like a keeper to me! :) I have never smelled Lime Blossom! Going to have to find some and give it a whiff... any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that he got you the scarf because it would match your hair! That sounds like something you'd hear in a romance novel or something.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all so much for the kind words about Mr. G! He read through them last night and I have to say, it gave him a little bit of a big head. lol! :)

    dangerkitty: Given my love of linden, would you believe I've never had the tea? I need to get some ASAP! Any recs?

    Zombii & Robin: In terms of linden-based fragrances that are easy to come by here in the states, here are my top two:

    Voluspa Linden Blond Tabac

    Jo Malone French Lime Blossom

    And Fresh makes a beautiful soap:
    Fresh Linden Soap

    Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post makes me so excited for my study abroad to Spain this summer =] Of course I'll be at the drugstores!

    Such thoughtful gifts =]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, G! I kept forgetting to check back and see what your answer was. :P

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig