Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, December 12, 2010

New Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balms

UPDATE: To see my full review of the shade Red Dahlia, please click here.

So my pal Rach spotted the display for the newest Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balms recently, and it appears that she and I both got excited thinking that these new balms came in cardboard tubes.

If you're old enough to remember the original Stila lipsticks, which came in cardboard tubes, I was thinking they were almost identical to those (I loved those Stila lippies!) and when you take a look at this display, I think you'll understand why we got our hopes up:

image credit: Rachel for Nouveau Cheap
Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balms
(retail: $6.99 at Rite Aid)

Doesn't it look like the actual tube is made of cardboard? Well, sadly, it's not:

image credit: Rachel for Nouveau Cheap

Sigh. It's just the packaging. Inside the cardboard tube is a traditional plastic lip balm tube.

On a happier note, doesn't Hibiscus (the shade above) look gorgeous? Rach actually purchased this shade (that's her lovely hand in these pics) and was kind enough to take these pics for us. Oh, and one more thing: Rach said that these balms don't have the minty tingle of the Lip Shimmers, so if you're not a mint lover, these might be a great alternative for you.

Cardboard tube or not, I cannot wait to try these. I will be picking up Red Dahlia as soon as I spot these in my area, for SURE.

So what do you think? Will you be looking out for these new Tinted Lip Balms from Burt's Bees? Do you already own one? Either way, I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks again to Rach for the great pics!
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Definitely something I am excited to try! I love tinted lip balms! Yum! Thank you for the great info as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, Red Dahlia shall be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See! this is why i love this blog theres so much drugstore stuff out there to try but this is gonna be a must-buy for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm a new follower!

    wow, these look great.
    I've been using my burt's bees balm for almost a year now. I still love them...

    I have the Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil...

    I hope the new tinted lip balms will be available here in Philippines as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yea! I'll get me one(...OK...maybe two...or more)of these. How cute and those colors; wow! I will have a hard time reducing it down to just one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great! I love tinted lip balms and will definitely check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like something I'd pick up. I still want to get the Burt's Bees lip shimmer in Raisin after seeing it featured in the Allure Best of Beauty list

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red Dahlia? I'm on it! Hope it's a nice sheer red.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I doubt I'll be able to find these in Canada, but I would love to try one in red.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a TON of the original Stila line! I loved those cardboard containers. I went on a class trip to NYC, and went to Saks, one of the few places that carried Stila back then. Spent too much, only to come home and have my dog eat my makeup - it smelled so good he tore right into the flimsy cardboard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally will pick up one or two when I see these! Love a good tinted lip balm! Just need to stay away from the bronzes I always gravitate to and try some like the Hybiscus!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. If they're not minty then I'm all for trying it :] Wonder when drugstores in my area will get these..

    ReplyDelete
  13. *gasp* This looks so intriguing! But for $7 and Burt's Bees never go on sale... I love the mint scent/feeling too ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just bought mine today at my local Ulta store and so far I'm loving it! It glides on smoothly and leaves my lips with a subtle deep rosy tint. I got mine in Red Dhalia. :D This and my Burts Bees Lip Shimmer in Fig have become my new favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just got the BURT'S BEES tinted balms in Red Dahlia, Pink Blossom, Hibiscus & Rose. Only HIBISCUS shows any real pigment on the lips. I was disappointed as Hibiscus is not my color. Burt's did deliver on the others, however, they do give a nice HINT of color.

    However, I am in search of a tinted lip balm without GLITTER or overly SHINY, and moisturizing as a good balm should be, but with enough color pigment to give Benetint Lip Stain a run for its money.

    The closest I've found is PALLADIO Tinted Lip Balm in ROSEY. Couple of swipes and the color flush and moisture are there! The other Palladio colors are loaded with glitter. (Who names Palladio colors? BERRY is a bright coral pink. Yuck!)

    ALBA Terratints in BLAZE or GARNET have great staying power and color, but they are lumpy and dry (due to mint, I think!) You've got to prime with moisturizing balm to use it. (Which begs the question: is it really a lip balm if I have to use Burt's Bees Replenishing Balm under it?) ALBA's Terratint in BLOOM is the pink in the line and it is chock full of glitter.

    The new BADGER line of Lip Tint & Shimmer is a little better than Alba. These are double ended with tinted balm on one end and opal shimmer on the other. Less dry, not lumpy (no mint!) but you still need to moisturize before application. BADGER Lip Tint in RED JASPER and GARNET are true to color and will give you the flush of pigment which gets you double takes. Badger Red Jasper is what lots of us were looking for in Burt's Red Dahlia--just use a good moisturizing balm to prime. Beware the BADGER tint PINK TOURMALINE: we're talking Jersey Shore glitter.

    If you have a favorite tinted balm, please share it with me! I keep longing for FRESH's Sugar Rose and Sugar Plum lip treatments, but spending $22.50 on a lip balm is against my religion!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig