Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Milani 3D Holographic Nail Lacquer in Cyberspace

Confession: I have a serious thing for pastel blue nail colors (as well as pastel lilacs, mint greens, greiges, yeah yeah yeah, I know). But what I'm trying to say is, I'm really CRAZY for Milani Cyberspace. I apologize in advance for going on and on about this color, but there's something about an icey blue nail color that gets me every time. And if it's holographic too? Well, my friends, this is the kind of color that gives me those weird butterflies in my stomach. I'm mesmerized by Cyberspace.

I was fortunate enough to receive an assortment of Milani core collection polishes for review recently, and in that assortment was Cyberspace. Some of you may be asking, "You mean you haven't tried a Milani 3D Holographic Nail Lacquer until now??" Considering how much I love Milani (I'm a freak for their limited edition polishes, as you longtime readers are well aware) it's a surprise to me too! I think at first I was kind of underwhelmed by this collection. When I first saw them in stores back in March, I was expecting them to look really holographic in the bottle, but every time I looked at them in the display, they seemed more like chunky holo glitter floating around in a shimmery, almost milky base. So I think I assumed that they wouldn't really be holographic on the nail.

But then I started to see nail swatches emerge on blogs, and I quickly realized that my assumptions were wrong. Eventually I knew I had to get one, but every time I went to the display, I could never decide on a shade. So I'd usually walk away in frustration and tell myself to go home and do more research, look at more swatches online, and then decide on a color. I guess I sort of forgot about them as all these new limited edition polishes made their way into my heart.

So you can imagine my sincere joy when I saw Cyberspace in my mailbox recently. I've been wanting to try this polish for a long time now. And boy was it worth the wait!

I want to show you Cyberspace in four different types of lighting so that you can get the full effect of this lovely shade:

Milani Cyberspace (direct sunlight)

Milani Cyberspace (fluorescent light)

Milani Cyberspace (indirect sunlight)

Milani Cyberspace (indoors, with camera flash)

You can really see the beauty of the holo in that last picture but, in real life, the holo actually comes out in all different types of lighting. In fact, in low lighting this color has a glow about it that you really have to see in person to fully appreciate. I could not capture it in a photo.

But what I REALLY love about Cyberspace is that, from far away, it looks like the third picture (the one taken in indirect sunlight). It just sort of looks like an icy, grayed-out baby blue shimmer from a distance. So this isn't the type of shade that's going to make people say, "Whoa. What's the deal with her nails?" when you walk into a room. But the closer you get, the more you can see that there's a full-on carnival of color and light going on here!

OK, well I could keep going on and on about this color but I'll stop here and say that if you haven't yet tried a holographic nail color, I think Cyberspace would be a great place to start. It's not over-the-top, but when the light hits it just so, you'll be in for a real treat. For $4.99 at CVS, you just cannot go wrong (especially if you catch a BOGO sale!). Oh, and I should mention that this polish applied like a dream for me--two coats for perfect opacity and no issues with grittiness or streaking. I'm in love.

Do you already own any of the Milani 3D Holographic Nail Lacquers? If so, what shades do you own? Do you love them as much as I do? I'd love to hear from you!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.

SHARE:

18 comments

  1. out of all the 3D milani's, Cyberspace is my FAVORITE! you have tood taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi-Tech has the most holo effect, you can try that one next if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Milani 3D Holographic nail polish. I have Hi-Tech (my fave), Hi-Res, HD, and also Cyberspace. I want to get the gold and pink ones when they have a bogo sale. They're so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one of these called "Hi-Res" It's like gray and lavender had a holographic baby. The past 5 times I've picked up a nail polish they've been from Milani. I think I'm in lacquer-love!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last pic is really impressive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have several but I don't have this one. The photos show what a fascinating color it truly is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is gorgeous, I wish I got these when I got a BOGOF Milani coupon! Maybe next time

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's freaking fabulous! I have the purple one and it's one of my fave polishes. I want them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks awesome! I don't own any Milani polishes yet...that definitely needs to change. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a few Milani polishes but haven't used them yet. After reading this I checked my stash & there were 2 of these! I have the 3D in pink & gold ( my hunny's asleep so I can't go get them for exact names now lol). I needed a mani so I picked the pink. I only used 1 coat & I love it! Great post,,G! I really want this color you have...Milani is 15% off on CherryCulture this week sooooo lol xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow that is so pretty! I haven't tried any polishes from Milani, but I am so tempted... like I need more nail polish :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm not a polish girl, but i must say this review is so convincing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have this color and it's SO pretty. I get compliments whenever I wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for holos! :D I have all the Milani 3Ds and I really love them. If you like icy blue holos, you should give China Glaze 2Nite a look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just picked up the pink, purple, blue and green, buy 1 get 50%off at CVS. Gorgeous! I think these are my current favorite polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the purple, Hi-Res, and it's AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad to read this post due to being sick allot these past months I haven't got to the stores daily like I normally due so I was trying to if I feel good enough get to Ulta this weekend and I'm making a list of stuff I know I want to get and check on now this is a must get item for me now LOL great post

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have Milani Cyberspace and Hi-Res, the purple one. I love them both, but I don't think many people realize that they layer amazingly as well. They combine with whatever color you layer underneath them to make a variety of gorgeous holo colors.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig