Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, August 8, 2010

NOTD: Wet n Wild Mystic Blue

I'm such a sucker for blue polishes, I tell ya. When I saw the new Wet n Wild limited edition Color Icon "Insomnia" Nail Color Collection a little while ago (click here for pics), I had to pick up a few.

The first shade I tried was Mystic Blue, which is a deep midnight blue with very subtle blue shimmer.  A few of you told me that you weren't too pleased with the formula of these Insomnia shades, so I was preparing for the worst. Well guess what? Mystic Blue was a DREAM to apply! It wasn't streaky, it wasn't too thick, and it just glided onto my nails so easily. Also, I was able to achieve almost 100% opacity with one coat, but I used two for these pics.

Also, these pics were taken three days into my manicure, and I only experienced a little bit of tip-wear and tiny bit of chipping on one finger. I used Orly Bonder base coat, two coats of Mystic Blue, and one coat of Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat:

 Day three of Wet n Wild Mystic Blue (retail: $1.99)


I wish I had taken a pic of Mystic Blue in full sunlight.  The subtle shimmer in this polish makes the blue GLOW. It's stunning and what I really love about this color is that, unlike so many other dark blues I own, it does not look like black when you're indoors. Even in dim lighting, it looks like a dark navy blue. 

Do you own any colors from the Insomnia collection? What do you think of them?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I don't own any Wet 'n' Wild polishes besides my base coat, but this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zara: Whaaaaa? You don't own any WnW polishes besides base coat?? Girlie, you don't know what you're missing! You need some Craze, Mega Last, and Wild Shines in your life!! I have swatched a ton of them on my blog if you need any ideas. Here's a few links if you want to take a peek at some:

    http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2010/01/swatches-of-some-new-wet-n-wild.html

    http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2009/08/review-new-wet-n-wild-craze-nail-colors.html

    http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2010/01/review-new-wet-n-wild-wild-shine-nail.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nail polish reviews are terriffic; so much good information and artistic visuals. I think your manicures are as professional as any. So my question is, given all of the time you spend removing your polish, do you have a favorite and effective polish remover?
    Thank you for all of your helpful blog content

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up Night Owl and Black Fog. The display at my local Rite Aid was pretty wiped out before I even got there. I haven't tried either though because I have been wearing my "Pixel" shades which I LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great color!!! :) I love navy blue in general! :) I want to get the Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat, I've heard a lot of good things about it! :)

    drugstoreandbargainlover

    ReplyDelete
  6. annmarie: I usually just use any regular old nail polish for anything but super dark shades. If the color is really dark (like the one in this post) I'll use 100% acetone because that removes dark colors like nobody's business. SUPER easy and you only need a little bit on a cotton pad. And then for glitters (which are always problematic to use) I use the foil method, which I've blogged about in the past. If you missed that post, here's the link:

    http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2010/06/notd-loreal-high-tide-from-passport-to.html

    Hope that helps! :)

    Katie: I would love to know what you think of those shades when you try them, sweetie! :)

    Stavroula: Thank you, honey! And yes, the Mega Shine rocks my world! If you get it, please let me know what you think? xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you love it that much? then I have to get it!! :) Once I run out of my current top coat I'll definitely buy the mega shine online! ;)

    drugstoreandbargainlover

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stavroula: Yep, I do! The reason I love it so much is because it dries quickly and you can't dent it once it's dry. I HATE when shiny top coats don't ever fully dry and you can dent them easily. You know what I mean? The other thing I love about it is that you can put it over polishes that are sort of thick or goopy and it will lock in the polish so that you won't be left with sheet marks, hair marks, dents, etc. I've used Mega Shine over polishes that take FOREVER to dry and I swear it seals in the polish better than anything else I've tried (even Seche, etc.). Gee, I hope I'm not hyping this up too much. I would hate for it to be a big let-down when you finally get it! Anyway, please let me know what you think if you try it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's look amazing and just like the Opi one (YOGA-ta get this blue)!

    http://lalionne.fr

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you love it very much!! I'll definitely try it and I'll let you know how it goes! ;)

    drugstoreandbargainlover

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig