Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, April 11, 2010

Swatches: NYC Limited Edition Shock Value Collection Nail Colors

I've been talking a lot lately about this new Shock Value collection from NYC, but I just can't help myself! After months and months of being obsessed with gray, greige and dark green nail colors (do not get me wrong, I still love those shades!), I am drawn to the bright, cheery colors in the Shock Value display like a moth to a flame.

Naturally, I couldn't resist the two nail colors in this collection (you've gotta know by now that I'm a sucker for cremes--they are my absolute favorite type of nail polish!), which I purchased using the $1 coupons attached to the display, making each bottle just 99 cents instead of $1.99:


Magenta Flash and Orange Creamsicle

Unlike most of the other products in the Shock Value display, these products do not have "Limited Edition" printed on their labels. I don't know if this is an oversight, or if this means that Magenta Flash and Orange Creamsicle will soon become part of the permanent display (fingers crossed!).

Please note: in the following two pics, I have adjusted the color tint and saturation to most accurately represent the color that I see on my nails in real life. So please disregard the color of my skin and just focus on the color of my nails because it's pretty darn close to what I'm looking at right now on my nails as I type this. Thanks!

Also, both pics were taken after three days of wear. I used Orly Bonder base coat, two coats of NYC polish and one coat of Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat. I was VERY happy to only see tip wear after three days--no chips at all! This combo really seems to work great for these polishes. It makes them last.

NYC In a New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish in Orange Creamsicle

I had a heck of a time photographing this shade! All of my pics made it look like a bright neon orange, when in real life it's more of a lovely sunny tangerine/orange juice creme. I have adjusted the color as much as possible to show you the true shade. It actually very much reminds me of Wet n Wild Sunny Side Up, for reference.


OK, the bottle color is WAY off in this pic, but the color on my nails is extremely close to what I'm seeing on my nails in real life. This is a LOVELY and extremely wearable magenta that's not shockingly bright, but just bright enough to pick up your spirits. I am in absolutely LOVE with this pinkish-berry-magenta shade, and if you are a fan of berries or magentas, I say look for this one. Also, notice the tip wear after three days--not too bad!

So, have you been able to find the NYC Shock Value collection in your local drugstores yet? If so, have you purchased anything? To see my review of the Shock Value Blushable Creme Sticks, click here.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I LOVE both of these colours, they both really remind me of summer :-)

    www.beautyandtheblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy: So glad you like these colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors but this formula chips like crazy on me! Such a shame because I love the colors and their names, especially the ones that are named after places in new york! Reminds me of when I used to go there to see saturday night live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these colors, I didn't get them at Rite Aid the other day, but may have to reconsider now! Also, have you tried Essence polishes from Ulta? They are 99 cents and the formula is amazing!! I am wearing Break Through today, and I think it's my favorite purple creme EVER! You must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PCS: Have you tried it with Bonder and SH Mega Shine? I swear that is the winning combo for me! I couldn't even chip it when I tried! :)

    chickadee: I think you might want to reconsider. :D And I have heard a lot of good things about those Ulta polishes but I haven't tried 'em yet, unfortunately. The closest Ulta to me is still a bit of a drive and I'm trying to be good about online orders so...I'll definitely have to check them out the next time I'm near Ulta. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig