Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, April 1, 2010

Jordana Twilight Nail Lacquer Collection (well...sort of)

I was at a local beauty supply store a few weeks ago and I really hit the jackpot! I had no idea this particular store carried such an extensive line of Jordana nail colors (a huge rack with dozens and dozens of shades) and I sure as heck didn't know that Jordana even made seasonal counter displays until I saw this:


Now as you can see, the colors in the photo on the actual display do NOT exactly match the colors that are IN the display (I'm afraid that this is par for the course for this particular beauty supply store as they had older 2009 OPI polishes mixed in with their Alice in Wonderland display).

But anyway, it's not a big deal to me, because all of these beautiful purple polishes are new to ME, so I was still in heaven! It's hard to tell in this photo but there is a lovely medium violet duochrome, a gorgeous lilac creme, a deep plum creme, and a super dark midnight blueish-violet that has duochrome tendencies. But the real show-stopper for me was this beauty:

Jordana Purple Glam (retail: $1.99)


I just fell in love with all this holographic glitter and holographic bar glitter! And to have it floating around in a beautiful plummy-purple base? I'm in girly-girl overload.

Here's a shot with flash:



All I can think when I see this color is how pretty it will be on my toes. I don't think I can really pull this one off on my fingers, but of course I gave it a try, just so I could swatch it for you:


Without flash:


With flash:


I love it! And for $1.99? How can you resist? Oh, and in case you were wondering, this formula is the Big Three Free and made in the USA as well.

This polish went on streaky on the first coat, but then evened out completely on the second coat. It's a bumpy formula for sure, but my ever-trusty Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat smoothed things out considerably.

For the above pics, I used Orly Bonder base coat, two coats of Purple Glam and one coat of SH Mega Shine top coat.

I know I cannot be the only Jordana lover out there, so please let me know your faves by Jordana in the comments! Do you have a place near you where you can pick up Jordana nail lacquers? I really, really wish my Walgreens carried their polishes--they only sell liners and glosses at my location. :(
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I haven't seen their polishes anywhere. I didn't even know they made them! I'll be on the look out now! That color is gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I had no idea either! I do love Jordana, the only places I have found it in my area are food stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I dont even know where to buy Jordana polishes from. Heck, any Jordana product really! I'm interested in this Twilight display though...*scratches chin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen Jordana nail polish either. It is a shame, that polish is beautiful.I do have a few of thier liners and glosses but that is all the walgreens near me carry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could find these. :( My grocery store has a small variety of the polishes now, but they recently got rid of a bunch of the other Jordana makeup they have, so I'm hoping the polishes aren't leaving too.

    I have three and they're really good polish! They go on smoothly and I usually only need two coats. And they last just as long as any of my other decent polishes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never even heard of this brand, but those polishes look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PCS: Oooh, if you can find them in your area, I think you'll be in for a real treat because this display is just the tip of the iceberg. Jordana makes some incredible shades...and they're so cheap! Plus, the staying power is darn impressive. I hope you find them...soon! :)

    Natalie: Wow, I have never seen Jordana in any of my grocery stores. Consider yourself lucky! I only find their stuff at Walgreens, but it's just eye and lip stuff. Never polish. Until I found this beauty supply store, I had just assumed they stopped making polish because it's been years (maybe over 10 years!) since I've seen Jordana polishes around. Hope you can find these in your area soon! :)

    adorepink: I think most Walgreens sell Jordana eye and lip stuff, but not polish. :( I would seriously check your local beauty supply stores because you never know. It's worth the hunt--their colors are amazing, and so cheap! :)

    Annette: Yep, same thing with my Walgreens. Oh how I wish they'd start carrying their polishes. They have SO many pretty shades, it's almost overwhelming!

    Hana: Wow, I can't believe there are grocery stores that carry Jordana! I am so jealous! And I totally agree about the quality of these polishes. I had forgotten how great they are....but now that I have a source for them, I have a feeling this is the just the first of many Jordana swatches you're going to see on this blog. lol! :)

    Heather: Check your Walgreens (if you have a store in your area). They sell Jordana eye and lip stuff, and it's all super inexpensive (pretty colors, too!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great color for you! I too LOVE Jordana nail polish. I found mine on e-bay & at these web-sites: http://www.cherryculture.com/cosmetics/brands/jordana/66&page=1&seltype=257 & http://www.jordanacosmetics.com/c-30-nail-polish.aspx. I too, have not seen this brand in any store around, but I looked it up & they only supply it in stores in California. This is where the company is located.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the swatch! stumbled on your blog looking for jordana nail polish swatches. saw a couple in a random store and wanted to get a few.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know KMART sells some of their stuff, but I never seen a collection display. I got the Purple Gleam :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to find this display! And if anyone doesn't like bar glitter....they aren't to be trusted....so I hear. ;P
    Baaahaaahaaa!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig