Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Review: New Degree Natureffects Body Mists and Deodorants

As you all probably know by now, I am a huge Degree fan. And I'm afraid I've only gotten more obsessed with Degree since I heard that they were releasing a new collection called Natureffects, which features some amazing new deodorants and body mists. I was recently given the opportunity to try these fragrances, so you know I jumped at that chance and I cannot wait to share them with you!

Ann Gottlieb, the world-renowned fragrance expert who is the nose behind such iconic perfumes such as Ck be, Euphoria, Secret Obsession and so many more (not to mention the Degree Fine Fragrance Collection, which I reviewed here) has done it again! And this time, she looked to natural ingredients for her inspiration in creating the Degree Natureffects collection.



Natureffects Orange Flower + Cranberry contains orange flower, which is known for its natural deodorizing properties. To my nose, this is a tart, sweet, uplifting fragrance, and I can really smell both the orange flower and cranberry equally. This fragrance is so feminine, so sweet and tart, and yet so delicate at the same time--it just might be my favorite of the bunch.



Natureffects Olive Leaf + Pink Pepper contains pink pepper, which is known for its natural deodorizing properties. To my nose, I first smell the earthy yet clean olive leaf note, but then the spicy pink pepper makes its way to the surface and what I'm left with is a clean, slightly earthy, slightly sweet and spicy scent that I find myself drawn to when I'm feeling a little playful. Love it!



Last but certainly not least, we have Natureffects Honeysuckle + Tea Tree Oil, which contains tea tree oil, (known for its natural deodorizing properties). I have to say, when I first saw the name of this one, I thought, "That seems like an odd combo." I don't think I've ever seen honeysuckle and tea tree blended into a fragrance together, but you know what? It TOTALLY works. This fragrance is expertly blended, because I think it brings out the very best qualities of both honeysuckle and tea tree (which, on their own, can be a little overwhelming). Ann Gottlieb managed to bring out the very best of each note, and what I'm left with is a clean, sweet, uplifting fragrance that is just so feminine and soft. If you're a honeysuckle fan, you must give this one a whiff!

The new Degree Natureffects collection debuts in stores this month, and both the deodorants and body mists will retail for $3.99 each. To me, that's a fabulous price for a collection of new and unique nature-inspired fragrances! One whiff of these and I hope you'll agree with me that they all smell far more expensive than their price tag. I am so excited to have some new, affordable fragrance treats at our fingertips!

Are you a Degree fan? Are you curious about the Natureffects collection? As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. .....i'm almost out of both my stick and clear gel doedorants, so this perfectly timed......because i just fell in love with the line and i haven't even smelled it yet! DEFINITELY getting the olive leaf/pink pepper one, hoooo yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Wow, that IS great timing, and I totally know what you mean. I fell in love with this line before I even opened the box, I tell ya! And they definitely did not disappoint. Please come back and let me know what you think after you've tried these, ok? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks great! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah! Yay! I would love to know what you think of them when you try them. Keep me posted? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i will, i suspect i will be a raving fanatic! :) gonna stop at CVS on my way home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and also, i finally got to sniff the new Suave naturals line. (Target was sold out of them except for one almond conditioner!)

    they're amazing and yummy. can't wait to try them when i finish my Herbal Essences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Orange Flower + Cranberry looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautifulmonday: Yay! I can't wait to hear what you think! And I am so glad you liked the scent of the new Suave products! I am soooo excited to try them. :)

    Gaby: Oh it IS! Believe me. :)

    Phyrra: I'd love to know what you think of it when you get a chance to sniff it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, what I always need to know is...how clear are they? I have ruined soo many clothes with Degree that I try to not get it anymore. Is it clearer than the other formulas? THanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Biana: If you're looking for a stick that's more on the clear side, I would DEFINITELY suggest the new Degree Red Satin, which I have also reviewed on this blog. Although I've never had an issue with Degree staining my clothes, I think these sticks are more like the Fine Fragrance Collection, and not as clear as the "Satin" collection, which are known for going on completely clear. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gonna have to go sniff these in the store! :-) I must admit I am a Secret fan though, so if these smell amazing enough then I might just convert. Degree has never had enough variety of smells for me and I think that's what been stopping me but lately they have really stepped their game up in that department.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went to a couple of CVSes today and I noticed at both of them that the Degree Fine Fragrance Collection is on clearance. Both only had the deodorants, no body sprays. The way they were priced (I just blanked on how much they were, I think it was 50% off) makes me think the Fine Fragrance line is being discontinued, but I haven't seen them discounted anywhere else, so it may be that CVS has decided to stop carrying that collection. Just thought I'd pass that on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting! I haven't seen these anywhere yet, but I'll have to keep an eye out for them. Generally I'm not a huge fan of scented deodorants (I find that unscented Mitchum for Women clear gel works best for me), but I am intrigued by the blends offered in this collection. Must try the body mists, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  14. adorepink: I agree! Degree is really bringing some interesting and unique scents to the table and I love 'em for it! lol. Please keep me posted after you've sniffed these, ok? I'd love to know what you think! :)

    NinaraPoll: Thanks for the info. I noticed that too, actually. But I did see that other stores still have a fully stocked selection of the Fine Fragrance collection, so you maybe right and it could just be CVS. Interesting!

    mythosidhe: Definitely at least check out the body mists, ok? They're all quite lovely. And please keep me posted--I'd love to know what you think of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks! I used to love Degree, but had to quit wearing it. I will look for the red satin. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig