Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, December 19, 2009

My Christmas Manicure

What would the holidays be without a little cheap nail polish fun? My Christmas manicure this year is one that I've been waiting to wear since I purchased a bottle of NYX Girls red glitter polish (CN222) from the Makeup Mix Shop last summer (I think I paid $1.75 for it). I was hoping it would look cool layered over my favorite Sinful Colors polish, San Francisco (retail: $1.99), and I think I like it even more than I thought I would.

The only problem is that San Francisco is a little streaky unless you use three coats (I only used two this time). Other than that, I think it's a fun, inexpensive way to bring some holiday cheer to your nails!










Like I've mentioned before, my camera isn't great at picking up reds. The glitter is actually a very true, candy apple red in real life and really looks "Christmasy" over the green.

What is your favorite holiday nail look? I'd love to hear what you plan on rocking on your nails this week!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I've already done 2 holiday manicures and i plan on all my manicures to be holiday inspired leading up to Christmas! How fun is that?
    I purchased konad plates just for Christmas! i got my snowflake one in the mail today. so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRETTY!!! I went to F21 and saw some LA Color polishes! They didn't have any shades that I like but... I don't know... thought I'd share :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Antonea: Oooh, a snowflake konad? How FUN! :) XO

    ndoodles: Thanks, sweetie! Congrats on finding those polishes--I'm just sorry you didn't find any colors you liked. :(

    MzFashionCloset: Thank you! Yeah, I don't think I'd rock this look any other time of the year, but for the holidays, why not? lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that top Sinful green on my toes right now. I did them last night. They're under 2 pairs of socks, but I know they look Christmasy. I think I'm going to do my nails red, green, red, green etc...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your nail polish. It's very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Sinful Colors! I always pick up a couple every time Walgreens has a buy one get one free sale ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kimberly: How funny--I actually was thinking about doing my toes in alternating green and red (Sinful Colors San Francisco and OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress). Great minds! :)

    Fabuless Beauty: Thank you, sweetie! Are you doing a holiday mani this year?

    yummy: Thank you, honey! xo

    MicroImp: Me too! They are just impossible to resist when they're BOGO, right? lol. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig