Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Review: New Wet n Wild Intuitive Blend Shade Adjusting Foundation + Primer and Wet n Wild Natural Wear Pressed Powder

I mentioned in my Wet n Wild Craze Nail Polish review that I received some awesome, brand new products from Wet n Wild to try, so here is the first of more reviews to come. Let's get started!

Here's the new Wet n Wild Intuitive Blend Shade Adjusting Foundation + Primer:

I received Fair (left) and Light (right).

This product is so cool! Once you squeeze it out, the first thing you notice is that it's white and that there are little beads in the formula:


But once you work it in and crush the beads, the color is revealed:


How cool is that? The color literally adjusts to your skintone and it does so right before your eyes! Here's a quick video demo so you can see the transformation for yourself:


Next we have Natural Wear 100% Natural Pressed Powder. This powder contains some great ingredients like jojoba seed oil, aloe leaf extract and soybean oil. Also, it's paraben-free and the packaging is made from recycled paper:


For me, this powder took some getting use to because it's got a natural scent that smells a little like fresh cut wood. It's not a bad scent at all but just unlike any other powder I've used. But once I got used to the natural scent (which does fade quickly), I really liked the performance of this powder. "Bare" is a great match for my skin (not too yellow, not too pink) and I like how it absorbs the oil on your skin but it doesn't get cakey and it leaves a nice, smooth, matte finish.

Here's a pic of Intuitive Blend, after it's been blended on my hand:


And here's a closer pic after I put the Natural Wear Pressed Powder on top:



Using the powder on top of the foundation seems to really lock the foundation in place. But I should note that these products provide light-to-medium coverage. This is great if my skin isn't acting up, but I have to admit there are some days when I just need heavier coverage and cannot use this combo. But, if you are a person who is blessed with well-behaved skin, I would definitely suggest giving these products a shot. Also, if you regularly use tinted moisturizer in place of foundation, I would definitely suggest you give Intuitive Blend a try. I think you'll probably love it!

Have you tried either of these products yet? I'd love to know your thoughts!

UPDATE--Here is an image from the WnW website with all of the available Intuitive Blend shades:


A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and gratis samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.


SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Yeah, I think I want to try this now!! It looks so cool! =) I wonder what color I'd be though =/ I'm a MAC NC40 so I hope the darkest shade is dark enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joey! Thanks so much for reminding me! I just posted a pic at the bottom of this post with all of the available shades. I think the Medium might work for you, but if not, you could try the Tan! Please let me know what you think if you give them a try? Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look amazing! I mean.. the intuitive blend shade!

    I'd love to try those! ^^ They look fantastic!

    I wish they'd come to Slovenia tho!
    (I think W&W is avalible in only ONE store in my country).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tamara! This is definitely one of the coolest drugstore foundations I've ever worked with, and I hope you can find it in your country soon. If not, maybe you'll eventually be able to purchase it online? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO WAAAAAAY!!!!!!!
    That is amazing!!!! I haven't seen ANY of the new WnW products in my area :( I'm still dying for those polishes. Guh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow i love this and its from wet n wild!

    I got to try this great review your awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I would love to try this just for the coolness factor, that's crazy, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Tanya! I know, it's crazy right? I am totally obsessed with how it works! Hopefully they'll start to make an appearance in your area soon (I've heard that some people on the east coast have spotted these out in stores).

    Hey Caramel Diva! You are too sweet! Thank you so much! :)

    Hey Arezu! I know...it's sooo cool. lol. Let me know what you think when you try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cool! I am definitely going to pick up the foundation to try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cool! I wish Wet n Wild was easier to find in stores... not a lot of drug stores carry it it seems

    ReplyDelete
  11. two questions:
    when is this foundation supposed to hit stores, and what shade did you demo on your hand?

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow those look great, I can almost never find a foundation shade any where near my skin tone. I love that it adjusts to you, & I love that it is a tinted moisturizer as well, my skin is temperamental & most foundations make my face super dry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Linda! Thanks! Can't wait to know your thoughts when you try it. :)


    Hey Sarah! That's so weird. I can find their stuff so easily in SD. Do you have Rite-Aids near you? Always a good selection there (plus new product counter displays). :)

    Hi Beautifulmonday! I believe this product has already shipped to stores, however it's up to each individual retailer as to when they choose to start putting it on display. So depending on the stores in your area, you could start seeing them tomorrow or it could be at the beginning of next year. It's all up to the individual retailer. I know that some people on the east coast have seen this foundation in stores lately. Also, the shade I used on my hand (and also in the pictures) is "Light". Hope that helps!

    Hi Kimberly! I want to be clear that this product is NOT a tinted moisturizer, but because it's so light and sheer, I think it would be a good choice for people who like tinted moisturizers. Does that make sense? Unlike tinted moisturizers, this does have a light, matte finish. I just want you to be aware of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your WnW reviews had me lemming the new stuff so I just picked up the Intuitive Blend in Tan @ $5.99, and three of the Craze polishes (in Jade, Rustic & Shield, $1.99 ea.) finally!! I am sooo jazzed but the mini-haul got me tired. I'll give them a test drive tomorrow. New England Rite Aid & Walgreens don't carry them yet -- ladies in my area check out Kmart first.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey dicey! Thanks SO much for the tip about Kmart. I'm sure that the New England ladies will appreciate that!

    I'm sorry I gave you so many lemmings! lol. But those colors you chose are gorgeous, aren't they? I was wearing Rustic earlier this week and tonight I'm trying Jade, I think. :) Would love to know your thoughts after you try everything!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're most welcome. I tried "Shield" tonight and it looks GLOW-RIOUS. the brush is easy to handle and the polish formula goes on quickly, easily and smoothly. LOVE LOVE LOve!!! All you girls who "crave" nail polishes, GET THESE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know what? I always just walk by the Wet N Wild display. YEARS ago I tried some products and thought they were rubbish. But maybe I should give them a second look! Sounds like they are reinventing themselves and their products.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Michelle! I would *definitely* consider trying some new items from WnW (their eyeshadow palettes are fab, btw!). They have tons of new things that I really love. I'll be reviewing some more of their products in the future so if you're curious about anything else, stay tuned. xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey dicey! YAY!! I'm so glad you like "Shield" too! I am loooving that color. And I'm glad you agree with me about the brush and the formula. These are a steal at $1.99! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome, I just did a review on this product too and it really does its job! I gave it a 8/10.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Angie! Thanks for the comment and glad you're liking this product as well. I'll have to check out your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just started using the Natural Wear Pressed Powder. I agree, the smell (or lack of?) is a little strange at first but fades quickly. My favorite pressed powder, which is marketed as a foundation, is Chanel Double Perfection. It has excellent coverage but it is not a product that I can buy regularly because of the price. Wet N Wild Natural Wear Pressed Powder is the closest thing I've found in a drug store to Chanel Double Perfection, in terms of coverage and staying power. However, there is a trick to using it if you like heavier coverage like me. Toss the cheap little sponge that comes in the compact and use a latex makeup sponge to apply the powder over your foundation. It makes a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig