Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, August 6, 2009

Review: New Wet n Wild Craze Nail Colors


I really cannot express to you my excitement right now. I have been going crazy (no pun intended) over these new Wet n Wild Craze Nail Colors ever since my dear reader and fellow beauty blogger Halifax tweeted about them a while back. The fact that I've seen more and more reviews pop up on other beauty blogs has only added to my obsession. So naturally, I scoured all of my local drugstores for them but I just could not locate them in my area.

So imagine how I felt when I contacted Wet n Wild recently and they sent me the entire collection for review! I freaked OUT. Seriously, I did. But that's not all. The folks at Wet n Wild also sent me a collection of new makeup products (some are so new that I haven't seen them in my drugstores yet) that I will be testing and reviewing in the next few days and weeks. Please stay tuned for that because I can honestly tell you that you are going to blown away by these new products. I can hardly contain my excitement as I type this!

OK, let's get started:

First and foremost, you can believe the hype about these nail polishes. These little bottles pack a powerful punch! Look how cute the design is on the bottle! And the polish itself? Wonderful. They are so opaque (the majority of these shades achieve total opaqueness with no streaking after only ONE coat) and the brush is fantastic. It picks up a great amount of polish and it holds the polish without dripping. Basically these polishes are a dream to apply. Also, the formula is toluene, phthalate and formaldehyde free.

[Disclaimer: My blog is not a nail blog. I'm a typical nail polish lover but I'm no expert. So please understand that I'm describing these colors the best I can, but I don't claim to be knowledgeable enough to detect nuances or elements about these colors that the more skilled eye may notice. So if you notice something about these colors in real life that I did not describe here, I apologize in advance. If I called something a shimmer when it's really a micro-glitter, etc. etc. well I warned you that I'm a novice!]

Also, please note that all of the following swatch pics were taken after two coats (no base or top coat).

Let's start with "Goldmine", which is a super pretty gold shimmer. I'd say the pic of the bottle is truer to life than the color on my thumb, which is making it a bit more orange than it truly is:



Next we have "Inferno" which is a gorgeous, deep orange with gold shimmer. It's not as bright as the swatch but it's a little brighter than the pic of the bottle:




This was the hardest one to photograph. "Nocturnal" is a deep, deep inky blue creme that looks black until you really look closely. It's really the darkest shade of blue I've ever seen and I love love love it. On the first coat you can really see the blue undertone but I would say that, indoors, people will probably think you're wearing black. You've really got to be in the sunlight to see the full beauty of this one.



Next we have "Jade" which is a lovely lime green with gold shimmer. My pictures are not picking up the gold shimmer but believe me, it's there. Sooo pretty.


OK, this one is a real show-stopper. "Rustic" might look like a basic medium brown shimmer but once you put it on, WHOA. I was stunned by how beautiful this wears. It is the most shimmery, rich, deep, warm brown I've ever put on my nails. This will be my go-to color this fall, without a doubt. These pics really do not do this color justice as it is simply stunning in real life.


Next we have "Lust" which is a bright, cheery fuchsia with violet shimmer. It looks far more orange in these pics but trust me, this is a blue-toned fuchsia. Perfect for toes!



Attention all taupe lovers! "Shield" is for you. This is a gorgeous medium taupe with gold shimmer. Stunning on the nails, but of course you can't appreciate the true beauty of this color in these pics. You've got to see this one in person, I tell you.



Oooooh. Aaaaaah. "Morbid" is sinful and dark and simply stunning. This is a deep, dark midnight teal shimmer (the pics make it look more green but there's definitely blue in there). All I can say is: I'm in love.



Fun, fun and more fun! "Glitz" is a multi-color micro-glitter that is predominantly purple in a clear base. They really packed so much glitter in this baby that it's easy to get good coverage in two coats. Also, this glitter it so fine that it doesn't feel gritty on your nails once it dries.


And here's a bonus pic of "Glitz" worn over "Nocturnal":



Whew! That's it. All nine colors in the Craze Collection, for your viewing pleasure. Do you already own any of these colors? And if not, are they any colors in particular that you plan to purchase? As always, I'd love to know your thoughts!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and gratis samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.

SHARE:

29 comments

  1. Thanks for the shout out, girly! You did a good job with this review, novice or not. The swatches are awesome! But you know what all this would do to me right?

    I think I asked them on twitter whether they will be coming to Canada, but didn't hear back :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot find these polishes anywhere. I believe the only ones that have them are the bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. I have been looking everywhere for these!!!!! Jade and Nocturnal are only ones I want. These have been getting so many raves, I can't wait until I find them :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've added Nocturnal to the top of my buy list, and will make it my mission to find a retailer stocking it!

    Glitz over Nocturnal is fantastic, but so far out of my age range I will only be able to dream of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again you have succeed in making me INSANELY jealous! I'm dying to get my hands on WnW's nailpolish and their lip shimmer. And the NYC Sparkle Eye Dusts, it looks sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jade and Inferno will be mine--if I can ever find these!! Unfortunately, the Kmarts and Walmarts in my area are phasing WnW out. I'm finding it harder and harder to find any of their new products :( .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want Morbid!! It's so pretty! I tend to go for darker shades haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Halifax! I will ask my contact at WnW for some info about Canada and hopefully have a response for you soon! :)

    Hi Dee--I have heard that Duane Reade drugstores now carry these polishes. Unfortunately there are no Duane Reades in San Diego (or anywhere in CA, I think) but maybe you have them in your area? If not, I hope these will have wider distribution very soon. :)

    Hey Tanya! I know, I hope they make their way to CA asap because I want back-ups! :)

    Hey Windalee! I feel the same way about wearing Glitz at my age BUT, we can still totally pull this color off on our toes! Toe color knows no age (according to me, that is). :)

    Hi Fay! I'm so sorry I made you crazy with these! lol! Hopefully they'll be available to you one day soon (at the very least, I hope you'll be able to purchase them online). :)

    Hey Mooosley! Inferno and Jade are so gorgeous--I hope you can find them soon. That's a bummer that WnW is becoming more difficult for you to find in your area. In San Diego, I'd say it's actually becoming *easier* for me to find bigger selections of their products, so maybe there's hope for you in the future and you'll start seeing products pop up in your local drugstores? :)

    Hey Alexandra! Morbid is *gorgeous*. I hope you can find it soon, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm totally not a nail polish fan but Shield is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Joey! Wow, that's saying a lot coming from a non-nail-polish-fan! :) And I agree with you--it's even prettier in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nocturnal is really pretty! I have to check out my local stores for this collection.

    And I can't wait to see your future Wet n' Wild reviews! I'm a big fan of this brand, so I'd love to hear what they have in store.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Arezu! Nocturnal is quickly becoming my favorite. I am totally mesmerized by it. And I can see by your skintone that it would look *stunning* on you! :)

    I am so excited about these other new WnW products and I'm SO glad you are too. I'm testing them all as quickly as I can because I cannot wait to write about 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy crap! I can't believe I'm saying this right now-- but they've really stepped up their game! A few of those could easily dupe a few I have from some brands which will remain nameless for now... *hee hee*!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hawt Dayum!! Jade, Shield and Morbid are, like, yapping at my heels. Hope they'll be carried in my neck of the woods. Girl, you always make me wanna buy and right now I'm flat broke ::waaah:: But thanks as always for the headsup.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think these have made it to Chicago yet:(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, these look amazing!! I swore off W&W nail polish a few years ago after trying some horrible, streaky junk I bought for $1... but I'd never know these were from the same brand!

    I hope I can find them soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey there. I've seen these in stores in NYC but am always slow to buy new colors - I have a shelf of all the same shade in different brands that always looks 'Amazing!' in the stores but tend to resemble the last. May change my mind now.

    I saw a whole bunch of new W&W products at Target earlier this week - totally new packaging. I picked up a lipliner/stick combo and liked the liner but not the stick. Color not handy, my bad.

    Personally I believe the Megaslicks lip pencils you reviewed earlier do not exist. Except on Drugstore.com. I have searched endlessly throughout my favorite and secret spots in NY without any luck. Bah humbug.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these, so far I've bought six of the colors. They are gorgeous & super affordable.
    Thanks for blogging about them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Amber! lol! :) I think I know a few of those "other brands" that you're referring to and I totally agree!

    Hey dicey! You're so welcome! I just put Morbid on my toes and I LOVE it. You neeeed to own these. lol! :)

    Hey HomeSpaGoddess! I would love to know when these hit Chicago and what you think of them when you find 'em! :)

    Hey JennBee! I also had a not-so-great experience with a WnW nail polish a few years ago (I think it was a purple glitter and it streaked) but let me tell you these are NOTHING like that old formula. I honestly can't believe how wonderful these are. I would love to know your thoughts when you're able to find them. :)

    Hey Kimberly! YAY! I'm so glad you've been able to find them and that you like that as much as I do! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Suz! I think you're going to be very pleasantly surprised with these new polishes. A lot of these shades are unlike anything I currently have in my stash, so I hope this applies to your stash as well. :)

    I"m sorry you can't find that WnW lip pencil in your area! Bummer! Oh, and that dual-ended product you picked up? I rec'd some of those for review! I'll be reviewing them shortly. I am really liking them so far--sorry to hear you only like the liner. For me, I was surprised at how shimmery the other end is, yet the staying power has been incredible (usually shimmers don't last on my lips more than 30 minutes). :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW...lots of nice shades you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey MzFashionCloset! Thanks. :) I'd love to know what you think of these if you pick some up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I want them!! I've been a bit polish crazy lately and I want them xD!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey ndoodles! Oh believe me, you're not alone. I've been wanting these ever since I saw them on some other beauty blogs and I still can't believe I now have the entire collection. lol. I can't wait for you to get some too. I think you'll love 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I saw these at my Kmart today but I hadn't read this review, so I didn't know that they were so awesome!! Ohh, darn! If I go back this week, I'll def. snag some!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I got Lust as a gift and it is gorgeous! Although, I don't like the wand but I can get over that. And I LOVE Jade, Goldmine, and MORBID! I want Morbid so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Confessions! Trust me, you need to go back and pick up a bottle. lol! These colors are soooo much prettier on than I was able to capture in my pics. I'd love to know what you think if you end up picking up a bottle! :)

    Hi Anon! Lust is gorgeous! I also love the other shades you mentioned--actually there isn't one shade I don't love in this collection. lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMGosh Was in Walgreens today looking for a neutral with a twist when Shield caught my eye. I usually don't even look at WnW because I've found it to crappy in the past, but the color looked so intriguing that I decided to give it a chance. After seeing how beautiful it is on, looked for reviews and found yours. Great job! Good on WnW for giving you all the samples too because after reading your reviews I'm gonna go buy more fo sho. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have Jade on right now! I love the cute cute bottles and this gorgeous colour :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig