Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, August 9, 2009

Super cool things to read this weekend


It's time again for me to bring you my favorite posts from the past week from the beauty bloggers on my blog roll. I've got some really interesting entries to share with you this week so I hope you'll take a peek!

Some may call it torture, but I love to read about beauty products that aren't available in the US, and one of my favorite sources for international beauty is BeautyjunkieLondon. So I was super excited to hear that BeautyjunkieLondon is going to be hosting a huge giveaway (open to everyone outside of the UK as well!) including lots of UK beauty products when her blog followers reach 100. If you're curious to know what she'll be offering, become a follower. :)

TheCheapChica's leopard print nails have inspired me to start getting creative with my nail color stash. And I love the fact that she only used drugstore nail polishes to achieve the look!

It's rare that an eyeshadow look actually makes me happy, but that's exactly what happened when I saw this colorful pastel look by DecorativeDiva. It makes me think of Easter and all the pretty eggs and candies of the season. So much fun, I just had to share.

I am always on the lookout for a great, affordable sunscreen and it looks like BedasBeautyBlog has found one. I am picking this one up the next time I'm at Walgreens (and thanks for giving me a reason to go to Walgreens again, Beda. :)

It looks like I'm not the only one who is having great luck with Generic Value Products from Sally. Check out TheGlossMenagerie's review of the GVP version of Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum if you've got frizzies and want them gone (for less).

How in the heck did I miss the fact that the new Caress body wash contains "burnt brown sugar and karite butter"? Yum! Check out Yummy411's review for the details.

And finally, you must take a look at the new "Urban Neutrals" palette from Mark. Not only are the colors gorgeous, but the packaging. Oh my! Check out ThePinkTrainCase's review here.

Happy reading!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I love this post! Such a good idea.

    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! There is a typo in Gloss Menagerie's section. I think you meant It instead of I.

    I'm kind of a grammar freak, sorry. =P

    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michelle! Thank you. :) I know there are a lot of weekly roundups out there (and those are great as well), but I like to do my own personal roundup every week and actually choose which posts I liked the most from my favorite bloggers. :) If you do one of these on your blog I'd love to read it!

    Hey Anthony! Thank you so much for catching that. I already fixed it. :) With all the typos on my blog, it's hard to tell that I actually have a BA in English! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the link love, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Michelle--you should! It's a great way to share more info with your readers (there's so much content out there that I'm always afraid I'm missing something! lol).

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig