Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, August 27, 2009

Review: Auric Blends Naturals Collection


If you've been reading my blog for a little while, you know that I'm a huge fan of Auric Blends perfumes (click here to see my review of some of my favorite fragrances). So I was absolutely delighted to receive Auric Blends' newest collection, Auric Blends Naturals, for review recently.

As the name implies, these fragrances are really something special because they're made from 100% natural ingredients. Auric Blends Naturals are comprised of various plant, flower, fruit and spice resins, absolutes and essential oils. (Side note: absolute oils are quite expensive since they are created by literally extracting the fragrance directly from the flower, leaf, etc. itself. The more common means of extraction, used to create essential oils, is steam distillation.) I'd like to also add that the carrier used in these roll-on fragrances is a combination of jojoba oil and Vitamin E, so you're actually doing yourself a favor by slathering these fragrances on your skin. :)

The fragrances in this collection are "Layla", "Siren", "Pele" and "Tara". In addition to beautiful names, these perfumes each have their own story which was used as the inspiration behind each fragrance.

Let's begin with "Layla" (retail: $15.95, .22 oz).


"...inspired by the bittersweet Middle Eastern love story of Layla and Majnun. Two young people who were caught in the web of a passionate love affair that was never allowed to flourish. With bergamot, rose, sage and a complex floral composite, this fragrance defies explanation, as love and passion do in their own right."

I told you these stories were beautiful!

I've got to say, after wearing each of these fragrances for several weeks now, "Layla" is my favorite of the bunch. There is no way I can describe it in words. It's citrusy and uplifting, while at the same time warm and comforting. It's playful, yet soothing. It's bright and cheery, yet extremely earthy at the same time. You've got to trust me when I say that it's complex in the best possible way.

Next we have "Pele" (retail: $11.95, .22 oz)



"...inspired by the Polynesian Fire Goddess I'ele. As a young girl she was struck with wanderlust and traveled across the Pacific Ocean in search of her fiery home. Frankincense, vanilla, geranium and lavender bring a rich complexity to this fragrance that is reminiscent of exotic and beautiful lands.

Exotic and fiery indeed! To me, "Pele" smells as if you were standing on the rim of an active volcano with the ocean breeze at your back. It is an incendiary fragrance that is spicy and ever-so-delicious. This would be the perfect scent to wear on a sultry summer night as you dance a passion-filled tango with your lover. Oh it's getting hot in here just thinking about it!

Next we have "Tara" (retail: $15.95, .22 oz).



"...inspired by the enlightened female embodiment of the Buddha, the Green Tara from Tibet. With a blend of rose and jasmine absolutes, sweet fruits, a gentle floral bouquet and patchouli and vanilla to round out the base, this fragrance is heady and complex. It is feminine strength and compassion come to life."

Feminine indeed. Every time I wear this I feel incredibly feminine and instantly happy. The patchouli and vanilla are lightened when combined with the rose and jasmine, and the fruit notes bring a fun playfulness to this scent that just makes you feel proud to be a woman. Perfect for a fresh, clean spring day.

Lastly we have "Siren" (retail: 11.95, .22 oz).



"...inspired by the ancient Greek myth of the Sirens, sea nymphs whose beautiful and mesmerizing songs lured sailors into the depths of the ocean. The citrus top notes of this fragrance remind one of the fresh air of the sea. Rounded out by strong florals and herbaceous base notes, this fragrance is clean, robust and warm."

To me, this fragrance instantly transports you into an herb garden on a sunny day. I smell so much delicious sage, thyme and chamomile in this perfume that it makes me want to be outdoors enjoying the beauty of nature. If you're stuck indoors, wear "Siren" and you'll feel like in you're in the center of a lush herb garden with butterflies dancing in the air.

I hope you've enjoyed my personal take on these wonderful Auric Blends Naturals perfumes. If you'd like to own these scents, you can either visit the Auric Blends website, look for them wherever Auric Blends perfumes are sold, or...stay tuned because I just might be hosting a giveaway very, very soon (spoiler: tomorrow!).

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and gratis samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. These sound wonderful. I'm looking for a new scent, something spicy, earthy, grounding.

    Will let you know what I pick.

    Recommendations on where to find them? Co-op?

    d. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dahlila! When I was in Northern CA I saw them in just about every organic/health food store. But I believe they're also at places like Whole Foods. I'd call around to your local health food stores. You can also purchase them directly on the website OR you can always wait until tomorrow and enter my giveaway (I'll be giving away the entire set!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really interested in these fragrances- but I don't think they're available in Australia. Darnit. Oh well, thanks for the review. One day I'll hopefully get my hands on them =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. aha, there's a new Whole Foods near my work, and i've been meaning to go check it out. i'm bored with my current fragrances so your descriptions have me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Auric Blends Naturals collection is really spicy and strong. A little too much for me; I like more subtle, clean florals like "Love," but I already told you that.

    ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just over at Bare Budget Beauty's blog and she has a great contest widget from contestmachine.com that helps you track entries. It's pretty neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Emily! I'm so sorry. I will ask my contact at Auric Blends about international availability and get back to you. :)

    Hey beautifulmonday! I'd love to know what you think if you're able to find these! :)

    Hey Shela! The potency of these fragrances is due to the all-natural ingredients. But I personally love that you only need a tiny tab at a time because that means the bottle will last forever. :) Also, in my opinion, the dry-down on these scents is wonderful and soft. Maybe you were thrown off by the initial whiff? Or did you actually try these on your skin? Oh and thanks for the widget info. I've seen these on other blogs and they're great. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig