Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, May 31, 2009

A follow-up to that bizarre beauty product post...


I love how many of you, my dear readers, weighed in on my post about using toilet seat covers as blotting paper, and I think it was Beda who first brought up the alternate idea of using Starbucks napkins instead.

While I haven't yet had the courage to try the toilet seat covers (I know, I know) I did ask the boyfriend to swipe an extra napkin for me the other day at Starbucks (and I cannot believe he actually remembered to do so).

So after I was in possession of a napkin (fun fact: After the boyfriend brought me a napkin, he promptly reminded me that I usually have about 20 or so in my glove box and SURPRISE! It turns out I do. Doh!), I patiently waited for the greasies to make their way to my t-zone. Funny how you get oily so quickly when you're not paying attention, but when you actually want to get oily, it takes forever. A watched pot never boils...

Anyway, when I was finally a bit "shiny" I busted out the Starbucks napkin and lo and behold, it worked like a charm! I blotted my nose first and the napkin looked like I had used it to hold a french fry for a few seconds (sorry for the icky analogy but it's true). I cannot believe how much oil this napkin absorbed! And the best part? It didn't take my makeup away with it. My foundation was still intact and the oil was gone.

I tried my forehead and chin next, and BAM! Oil gone, makeup still there. Also, there was absolutely zero residue left behind (not that I was expecting there to be, but you never know). My face was fresh, oil-free and good to go.

So thank you to all of the ladies who introduced me to this little gem. I no longer have to feel so guilty about spending money on an iced Cinnamon Dolce Soy Latte.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Told ya!...lol...Also, during the summer I get a doppio (double shot) on ice...add your milk and splenda at the condiment table and you get an iced latte for about $2....Ghetto fabulous (and I worked @ Starbucks and they don't mind...)! Happy Monday girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. alright! next stop, toilet seat covers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Josi! I know, I know...it took me a while but I'm so glad I finally tried these. They really are awesome. Also, thank you for the Starbucks-on-a-budget tip! lol. Totally trying it next time I'm there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey T! OK, so do you prefer the toilet seat covers over the Starbucks napkins? I'm having a hard time believing anything could be better than these napkins now, Seriously! If you say that they're better, I'm going to have to take the plunge and use one *today*.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Starbucks napkins almost as much as I love the coffee!!! I've been using napkins to sop up oil for a couple of years already. I will NEVER spend $$$ on blotting sheets!! I always grab a huge handfull (meaning 2 or 3) and keep a stash at home, at my desk at work, in my car, and a few in my purse. I told my equally-as-oily cousin and she's spread the good news as well :D

    It's not the same as SB napkins, but regular 1-ply toilet paper works just as well too. And it has to be the cheap stuff, lol, any of that fluffly cotton stuff and you have white bits all over your face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, good to see it really works. It was really strange to read about them in MUA, hahaha. Another good reason to go to Starbucks. XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Tanya! Wow, so you love the SB napkins too? Yay! And about the TP, I'll give that one a try as well. I love it when the cheapest kind of *anything* is the best. :)

    Hey Beda! Thanks for the comment--I totally agree. Makes me feel a little less guilty for going to Starbucks (as opposed to brewing my own coffee, which I should always be doing to save money!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had been doing so well at cutting back on Starbucks, too. Now I have to go get some, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Leigh--don't think of it as frivolous, think of it as "product testing"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. well..ive heard of using tissue paper. (white of course) the kind that comes when u buy or get a nice shirt as a gift and its in the box.. OR just buy your own..the white tissue paper that ya use in gift bags is just as good<3

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH also....HOW CAN I FORGET... white coffee filters!!!!!! the best!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig