Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, March 16, 2009

Update: Degree Fine Fragrance Collection

So I went to Target today because I was on a mission to find these and write a proper review. And like every other new product that comes out in San Diego, my Target had TWO of the fragrances, not all three. Because, you see, offering all three scents in a three-scent-collection would be too easy. That would actually make sense. I don't know why the stores in San Diego do this with EVERYTHING, but they do. If someone can explain that to me, I'd love to hear a logical answer.

So anyway, I got to sniff Sexy Intrigue and Classic Romance, causing me to believe that the true star of the collection is, of course, Delicious Bliss (which will probably make its appearance at my Target in 2010).

My thoughts on Classic Romance:

It's light. I had to put a couple of mists on my hand to really get a good whiff. But once I did, I liked it. I didn't love it right off the bat, but now, some hours later, it's growing on me. I'm partial to muguet (AKA lily of the valley), which is one of the top and middle notes in this fragrance, so it's no surprise that I like this. It's soft, feminine, floral, and clean. It definitely reminds me of Estee Lauder Pleasures. But a toned down, softer, more subtle Pleasures (and not as powdery as Pleasures). If you like fresh, clean, soft florals, you will definitely love this one.

My thoughts on Sexy Intrigue:

This one didn't do a thing for me. This is a light fragrance as well, but I really wasn't too bummed that I couldn't smell it on my wrist an hour later. For me, it was utterly forgettable. Not awful, not cloying, just...there. It reminded me of about half a dozen Victoria's Secret fragrances of the past. I think that pretty much sums it up.

All in all, I'd say that because of the minimal intensity and sillage of these fragrances, it would be difficult to use them as you would perfume. But as a quick refresher, or for the days when you need or want a more subtle fragrance (or if you're just a subtle fragrance kind of gal) these body mists fit the bill.

I'll write part 3 on this topic once I get my hands on Delicious Bliss...

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig