Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Lipstick League - Week of 2.15.16


The Lipstick League Question of the Week

Do you use a sleeping mask? If so, which one/s do you use? 

G's answer: I do, but not religiously. I tend to alternate between sleeping masks and nighttime moisturizers. Two of the sleeping masks in my current rotation include the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel (not technically a sleeping mask but can be used as one; it's dupe-ish for the Laniege Sleeping Water Mask) and I've also been testing out the Freeman Honeydew and Chamomile Sleeping Mask (I like it but I don't love it so far...we'll see if it gets better over time).

The Lipstick League Links of the Week

Olive & Ivy - How pretty is this soft rosy brown eyeshadow look? You won’t believe how affordable everything used for it is!

Phyrra - has the deets on the new Makeup Geek MannyMua Palette! See the video, swatches and look. Would you wear it?

Prime Beauty - has been spending a lot of time in the shower thanks to the luxury Aroma Sense Shower Head. A lemon scent and tons of water pressure makes her a happy girl!

we heart this - (to read like Stefan from SNL) "This mask has it all: cream that turns into bubbles, a high but worth it price tag, a space age bottle..."

Blushing Noir - Of all of the drugstore lipsticks in all of the land, the COVERGIRL Oh, Sugar! Lip Balms are by far Brooke’s favorite! (She bought them ALL!)

Clumps of Mascara - There’s one brand that I know of that consistently makes terrible mascaras. I reviewed their newest one and guess what? It’s awful!!

EauMG - It’s Rose Week on EauMG which means a week of rose perfume reviews AND Victoria shares her favorite rose perfumes of all time.

Gouldylox - My eight year old niece started giving me makeup advice. Here are her first few "beauty hacks". Get your small brush ready....

My Beauty Bunny - Moist towelettes can be a life-saver and we're thrilled to check out all FIVE varieties from a drugstore fave! Read How to Get the Most from Burt’s Bees Face Cleansing Towelettes for all the details!

My Newest Addiction - Have you been craving something from the MAC Flamingo Park collection? Laura is gushing over the blushes!

Nouveau Cheap - Looking to #treatyoself but low on funds? Check out my under $15 favorites from Sephora for some fun, haul-worthy ideas that won’t break the bank.

(Wondering what the Lipstick League is? Find out here.)
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. G, I've been looking for a good over night mask, would you say that the dr lin gel moisturizer works as well as the neutrogena hydro boost as a overnight mask? Since I remember you mentioning that they were similar in your review. I've been wondering about the freeman one for a while, since it's on the more inexpensive side, would love to hear your thoughts on it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Dr Lin is better as a daytime moisturizer, but it does work for nighttime--but it absorbs quickly, making it great for under makeup. I prefer the Dr Lin for daytime and the Neutrogena for nighttime. As for the Freeman, like I said above, I like it but I don't love it so far. My skin doesn't really feel a whole lot softer or more moisturized in the morning when I use it, but I haven't been using it long enough to have a strong opinion yet. Hope that helps a bit!

      Delete
  2. I got a sample of the Boscia Tsubaki Deep Hydration Sleeping Mask that I've been using and it's good so far. Not good enough to buy the wfull sized product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats the diff between a "sleeping mask" and a nighttime moisturizer?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig