Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Lipstick League - week of 9.22.14


The Lipstick League Question of the Week

What are your favorite perfumes or scented body products to wear in the fall?

G's answer: I usually lean toward my heavier, richer, deeper fragrances for fall but for some odd reason, right now I'm all about muguet (aka: lily of the valley). I can't get enough of that clean, floral note and I'm actually going to be doing a post this week about my all-time favorite budget-friendly lily of the valley fragrances. If you're a muguet lover, I promise that I can hook you up without breaking the bank!

The Lipstick League Links of the Week

Nouveau Cheap - How do the Wet n Wild Fall 2014 Limited Edition 5-Pan Eyeshadow Palettes compare to the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette? Check out my full review and you be the judge.

Prime Beauty - Prime Beauty is leading the fall parades with the help of Benefit's Majorette Cream Blush. It's fit to beat the band!

Phyrra - lets you in on the best New Beauty Products! See what she's lusting after.

we heart this - What to pack for an event that will have you inside the same room as Jon Hamm? Stef shares 9 Products That Got Her Emmy Red Carpet Ready

Beauty Junkies Unite - Has summer dried your hair out? No worries! Amber is giving away sets of Klorane's Mango Butter Haircare Collection to three winners, to remedy that situation! (ends 9/30, U.S.)

Clumps of Mascara - has changed up her hair (again) and has been wanting some funky new Warby Parker eyeglasses.

EauMG - Curious about indie perfumes and don’t know where to start? Here’s this month’s indie perfume brand spotlight on aroma M Perfumes featuring a brief history of the brand and some of Victoria’s favorites from the line.

Glitter.Gloss.Garbage -You have to check out swatches of the drool worthy Milani Constellation liners!

My Beauty Bunny - Sensitive skin? You need to check out the latest skincare from The Body Shop. The Aloe Gentle Facial Wash and Seaweed Mattifying Moisturizing Lotion could be your new beauty BFF's!

(Wondering what the Lipstick League is? Find out here.)

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Nouveau Cheap - When it comes to nail envy, I have been jealous of Kellie Gonzo’s perfect nail length, nail shape and cuticles for years now. Check out her swatches of the Essie Fall 2014 Dressed to Kilt Collection and you might understand why her nails “speak to me.”
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. G, Since you love Lily of the Valley scents, have you tried Herbal Essences Set Me Up hairspray? The fragrance is Lily Bliss, which is lily of the valley! I use it as my hairspray, and it gives me a lovely veil of fragrance even if I don't put on my body spray, cologne or perfume (like if I'm in a hurry or don't need to be all scented up). Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah, I haven't tried that one but I definitely will now! Thanks so much for the tip!! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness thank you so much G! I am honored to be your Guest Post of the Week, thank you very much for your kind words!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, girlie! I had to share my love of your nails with the world! Lol! xo

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I like heavier fragrances for fall and winter as well. Lily of the valley sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig