Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Lipstick League – week of 3.24.14

Chocolate Cronut

I had my first Cronut this week (half donut, half croissant) and it really does taste like both! This one had chocolate cream filling inside, which was a nice surprise.

  Lipstick League Question of the Week

 What’s the one makeup product you can skip if crunched on time? 

G's answer: Eyeshadow. As long as I have my brows filled and some mascara and liner on, I can skip shadow if I'm crunched for time.

Links of the Week

EauMG - reviews a perfume by Lalique that reminds her of pink fluffy clouds made from candy floss.

Gouldylox Reviews - Did you pick up the Kat Von D Esperanza palette? It's so much more versatile than you think! Phyrra and I show you how to get two very different looks with one palette!

My Beauty Bunny - Hates having to worry about wrinkles AND pimples. But lately my skin has never looked better! Check out How to Banish Adult Acne for my tips.

Nouveau Cheap - swatches the entire Sally Hansen Palm Beach Jellies Collection, and discovers a neat way to use them!

Prime Beauty - brightens up your spring with her Top 10 Spring Beauty and Accessory Picks!

Phyrra - Love the UD Electric Palette? Check out these great vegan and Sugarpill Dupes!

we heart this - sexy demons, a Kevyn Aucoin exhibit, candy hued lip products, the brush you NEED to learn how to use; it's The Makeup Show Recap and Haul.

Clumps of Mascara - is head over heels in love with the glittery awesomeness that is Zoya’s Magical Pixie collection. Have you seen it yet?

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by EauMG - Want to improve your sense of smell and identify different perfumer notes? Check out these little exercises on Bois de Jasmin that will put your nose into basic training.

SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I'll usually skip foundation, contour/highlight (although I'll highlight a bit with my concealer), and do way less with my brows.. just colored gel, and way less with my eyeshadow.. just a light CT or something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in crunch time I skip out on eye shadow as well.. or eyeliner... sometimes mascara. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powder. If I'm in a big rush I put on my foundation and go. If I have a chance later i will use my purse compact to touch up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foundation. I only wear mascara during the week for work. I need every last minute of sleep. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can skip the eyeshadow as long as I can add mascara and groom my brows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I skip lipstick and liquid liner, pencil liner is really quick for me. I'll darken my crease, but skip any other shadow too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you. I can skip eyeshadow but still wear at least eyeliner and mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally thought cronuts were made up by 2 Broke Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eyeshadow. I rarely wear eyeshadow even if I do have time haha. Can't rush out the door without concealer, though!

    By the way, where did you get the cronut? (I'm from SD, also!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll skip eyeshadow if I'm in a rush. I can make do without that if need be. Or depending on the mood (craving more color) I'll put a bit of gold or olive shadow on for a bit more punch and skip eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I'm crunched for time, I skip everything but mascara and lip gloss.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig