Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Review: Love, Charlotte xo Perfume by Charlotte Russe

Charlotte Russe and perfume? Yep! If you haven't been to a Charlotte Russe in a while, you might not know that, in addition to clothing, they offer an array of beauty products ranging from nail polish to fragrance, both in-store and online.

I have heard a lot of nice things about the Charlotte Russe fragrance Refuge, so when I was given the chance to try their newest fragrance for review, I jumped at the chance. At just $12.99 for a 1.7 oz bottle, this certainly won't break the bank! So let's take a closer look at Love, Charlotte xo.

NEW Love, Charlotte xo Perfume by Charlotte Russe
(retail: $12.99 for 1.7 oz, exclusively at Charlotte Russe in-store and online)

First of all, how cute is this box?



The bottle itself come with a little piece of black tulle tied around the neck:


And on the back of the bottle there is a little embossed heart:


Charlotte Russe collaborated with TruFragrance to create Love, Charlotte xo.

Top notes:
apple blossom, pink grapefruit

Middle notes:
honeysuckle, gardenia, tiger lily

Base notes:
vanilla, exotic woods, white musk

Although not listed in the notes, I get apricot in this fragrance's initial burst. After this fragrance sits for a bit, it smells similar to Lancome Tresor to my nose, but with a stronger and more distinct apricot note than I get from Tresor. After a few minutes, the apricot settles a bit, although I can still detect it in the background. The vanilla, exotic woods and white musk definitely become more prominent once this fragrance dries down, and overall this is a soft and creamy fragrance that is sort of like the scent equivalent of a fuzzy warm sweater.

Every time I see gardenia listed in a fragrance's notes, I'm always afraid that the gardenia is going to overtake the fragrance. This does not happen here. This is a soft, creamy fruity-floral and definitely one that's "work appropriate" since it tends to stay close to the skin (it won't enter the room before you do). Staying power is average to weak depending on how much you apply. The first time I used it, I only applied one squirt to my wrist and one to my neck, and it was gone in about 2-3 hours. Of course the more you apply, the longer it will stick around and at $12.99 a bottle, you don't have to be afraid to be more liberal with application.

FINAL VERDICT: If you like Lancome Tresor, I'm willing to bet that you're going to love this new fragrance from Charlotte Russe--especially if you're an apricot fan. The best way I can describe this one is "Tresor-like" but it's lighter and more youthful than Tresor, and definitely more fruity. I think it would be absolutely perfect for anyone who likes Tresor but finds that fragrance a bit too heavy. And it certainly won't break the bank at just $12.99 at your local Charlotte Russe!

Have you tried any fragrances from Charlotte Russe? Do you think this one sounds like it might be a good fit for you?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.Blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I don't like Tresor when I first apply it, but I LOVE it after it's mellowed out on my clothes for a day! I spray it on my scarves after I wash them and they smell lovely for a long time. I guess I'm just in it for the base notes XD

    Does this one mellow out nicely?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally know what you mean about Tresor! And that's the thing I love about this fragrance--it's like an instantly mellowed-out version of Tresor. It's lighter, softer and more fruity than Tresor, but it still has that creaminess. I definitely think you should give it a shot!

      Delete
    2. The bottle was so cute and appealing that I decided to take a sniff at it at the checkout. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it smelled since I normally stay away from cheap perfume. But at 12.99 and the girl ringing me up praising it, I had to but it. You must spray it more than once. I sprayed it all over as if I was desperately spraying bug spray. The smell definitely stayed put and was so pleasing to smell. I recommend this perfume to anyone who likes sweet but yet still subtle smells. 😍😊😉

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig