Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, December 28, 2013

NEW for 2014: Flower Lip Suede Velvety Lip Chubby Pencils, Rita Ora for Rimmel Collection and more...


Huge thanks to reader Allison  (who writes NY Celebrity Beauty Secrets for Examiner.com), for the tip about a Buzzfeed article that features lots of new products coming our way for 2014. Some of the products mentioned in the article are already in stores, but some are absolutely new to me, so I wanted to share!

The products in this article that have me the most interested are:
  • Flower Lip Suede Velvety Lip Chubby Pencils (coming to Walmart in January)
  • Rita Ora for Rimmel Collection including chubby lip pencils and nail polishes (coming in February - click here for more pics)
  • Olay Fresh Effects Dew Over Hydrating Gel Moisturizer (coming in January)
  • Gwen Stefani for OPI Collection (now available on the Ulta website)
  • Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Colorfinity Collection (coming in January)
Some of the other drugstore products in the Buzzfeed article include collections I've already covered and/or reviewed (like the Revlon Parfumerie nail polishes and Shiny Matte Nail Art duos). Also, I do have to mention that, even though it's not drugstore, I'm very excited about those NARS Matte Multiples (I better start saving my money now because I have to have at least one of those).

Is there anything in this article that's capturing your attention?

Thanks again, Allison, for the great tip!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I'm all for the chubby sticks; if they compare to Clinique, I'll be thrilled(I find the Revlon ones WAYYY too drying and need a lot of moisture). If the new OPI w/Gwen has any liquid sands I'll be lining right up for that one as well.

    Only one I'm not hot on(of the few brands I use/know)if the Revlon Shiny Matte. It seems more like a gimmick to me as I've done the shiny coat over matte and it defeats the entire purpose of the polish for me. I'm particular to my mattes and textures, so perhaps I just see it as a way to lure in those that aren't liking the trend. I'm sensing a price that may be a bit high as well.

    Thanks for the updates! Looking forward to some of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, I'm also realllly excited about the new Flower Velvet Suede chubbies! Wanted to say that I'm pretty sure the Revlon matte/shiny is meant to be used as detailing...as in...say you lay down a coat of matte on the entire nail, then you would do a stripe, or half-moon, tip, or whatever, more like an accent type thing. I never really liked matte nails until I saw a mani that was black on black with matte background and shiny polka dots, actually matte and shiny together is how I most admire a matte nail.

      Delete
  2. HI G! BBW is having their semi annual sale!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig