Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Lipstick League – week of 11.4.13


Lipstick League Question of the Week

 If you could have any job within the beauty industry, what would it be? 

G's answer: I actually have a "serious" answer and "fun" answer, and I can't narrow it down between the two, so I'll give you both.

Fun answer: I would love to be a namer. I would love to sit in a room all day and name cosmetics. Product names, shade names and limited edition collection names--all of it!

Serious answer: I would love to be a product development, marketing and distribution advisor to drugstore beauty brands. I would love to actually have a real and meaningful impact on the process, and convey to brands what we love, and what we don't love, about drugstore cosmetics!

Links of the Week

Nouveau Cheap - Can Dr. Rescue, the newest member of the Maybelline Baby Lips family, truly rescue my sad, chapped lips? Come find out.

Pink Sith - becomes an Ingredient Detective and tells you all about the chemical Triclosan and why she is avoiding it at all costs.

Prime Beauty - takes a look at the Laura Mercier Holiday 2013 Collection and likes what she sees!

we heart this - is feeling like a regular Picasso thanks to the MAKE UP FOR EVER Artisan Brush Collection.

Beauty Junkies Unite - Amber shares the review & swatches for the new OPI Mariah Carey holiday collection for 2013!

Chalkboard Nails - Are you a fan of Wicked? Deborah Lippmann is too, and created this set of three mini lacquers to celebrate the show’s 10th anniversary!

Clumps of Mascara - ran into an amaziiiing mascara. And it ain’t cheap but WHOA, it rocks.

EauMG - is obsessed with this limited edition shower gel by LUSH and wants you to be obsessed too.

Gouldylox Reviews - I love makeovers! You must see the before and afters on the lovely Chelle. She'll make a beautiful bride!

My Beauty Bunny - Lilly Brush has teamed up with a few of our favorite beauty bloggers for their biggest giveaway yet! Click on over and enter to win $250 and two Lilly Brushes!

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Nouveau Cheap - I love it when beauty bloggers show me new and exciting ways to use products I’ve owned forever. That happened this week when Ashley over at Pretty Pisces Beauty rocked a shade from the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette in a really beautiful way (I’m totally stealing this, Ashley).
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've long thought being a namer would be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring me :)

    I would love to be in the marketing for a beauty company, but I'm just not that creative in that sense lol! I think I could put together events and everything though.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig