Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Lipstick League – week of 10.14.13


Lipstick League Question of the Week

What are your favorite perfumes to wear in the fall? 

G's answer: I LOVE the fall, because that's when I start to wear my "heavier" and spicier fragrances again without feeling like I'm over-doing it. For the past few weeks I've been loving this fragrance (by the way, the 1.0 oz bottle is now at Target for $24!). I also adore Calgon Red Velvet (which you can still get at Kmart) and I love Auric Blends Sandalwood this time of year (simple, cozy, a bit spicy and you cannot beat the price).

Links of the Week

Gouldylox Reviews - Get great hair the lazy way. Sleep on it!

My Beauty Bunny - It's NEVER too early for holiday collections! Check out three of Too Faced's Holiday Sets (they're ah-mazing) and add them to the top of your gift list.

Nouveau Cheap - Sinful Colors has just released the mother of all holiday collections with a whopping 26 new shades.

Prime Beauty - declares that every woman from 16 to 60 needs a PINCH Minimergency kit! Be prepared for a wardrobe malfunction, nervous armpits or a frizzy hair mishap all in a teeny tiny kit that fits in your bag.

Phyrra - shares the Best Ways to Use e.l.f. Studio Makeup Mist & Set!

we heart this - shares a tale of a preteen search for a "signature scent" (which begins with Reader's Digest and ends with liberal dousing.)

Beauty Junkies Unite - Have a spooktacular Halloween with these great looks from the MAC Rick Baker Halloween Collection!

Chalkboard Nails - Embrace your punk side with this distressed neon nail art. You won’t believe how easy it is!

Clumps of Mascara - In love with green smoothies? Okay, yeah...me too. But what about green juices? I’ve been sippin’ on some and can’t get enough of ‘em. Talk about beauty from the inside and out...

EauMG - pairs popular women’s A/W ‘13 fashion trends with perfume. From camo to punk plaid, EauMG has it covered! This type of post only happens twice a year, so go check it out!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Hermes Elixir Des Merveilles. I wear the Eau Des Merveilles in the warmer months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My winter night perfume is Burberry Red I love it there is just something about the vanilla and sandelwood that says cozy sweaters and snow. I wish they would bring it back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bath and body works Vanilla Noir! It's such a rich, sexy vanilla. Do glad I found someone to swap for it with on MUA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I have one bottle of the perfume left and I COVET it!! :)

      Delete
  4. I switch between DKNY Be Delicious and DKNY Red Delicious. Nothing says fall like apples!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Chanel No. 5 around fall and winter, but I just picked up Bath & Body Works Forever Midnight and a Twilight Woods and am enjoying them for a cheaper change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found the Vince Camuto today at Target on clearance for $17.48! Bought it solely on your recommendation, and I can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Rose, pleeeeease let me know what you think when you try it?? I'm so hoping you love it as much as I do! :)

      Delete
    2. I absolutely love it!! I had been looking for a cooler weather scent, and this is just perfect! BTW, I think you and I must be "scent twins"! My other favorite for fall & winter is the Red. Velvet body spray that you recommended (and I stocked up on when it was on clearance at Rite Aid!), and another favorite for this time of year is Halle (also from your blog several years ago). Thanks so much!

      Delete
  7. I'm loving Fame by Lady Gaga & Halle by Halle Berry for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Prada for day & Dior Addict at night. These are super potent, so a little goes a long way & lasts for hours.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig