Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, September 12, 2013

Dupe Alert: Halloween 2013 Fantasy Makers by Wet n Wild Paper Lashes

A few weeks ago, I showed you the big Halloween 2013 Fantasy Makers display that's now popping up in Kmart stores. In this display, there are some paper lashes, and I've since heard from several readers that these paper lashes are also showing up at CVS and Rite Aid (and probably other retailers too).

But what you might not know is that there's a dupe (two dupes, actually) lurking in this lash collection! Huge thanks to reader Angela (_makeuploverx0 on Instagram) for this one. Angela spotted an exact dupe in this collection and was kind enough to share some pics. Take a look!

image credit: Angela for Nouveau Cheap
Fantasy Makers by Wet n Wild Bewitching Eyes Eyelashes in Woodland Dreams
(retail: $4.99 at CVS)

image credit: Angela for Nouveau Cheap
Fantasy Makers paper lashes in Woodland Dreams

As you can see, the Woodland Dreams design contains deer, butterflies and branches. Take a look at this set of Paperself lashes (below), which Angela purchased at Sephora two years ago. Angela said she paid $13 for these (on sale) two years ago, and they're still available on the Paperself website for £12.50GBP (exchange rate as of the time of this post is $19.74US):

image credit: Angela for Nouveau Cheap 
Paperself paper lashes in Deer and Butterfly 

And now here they are, side by side:

image credit: Angela for Nouveau Cheap
Exact dupes!

The Paperself lashes have curled a little bit so that you can't see all of the butterflies but if you look closely, you'll see that they're identical to the Wet n Wild lashes. Wow!

And as I was writing this post, reader Candice shared this photo of one of the other styles in the Fantasy Makers Bewitching Eyes Collection (she spotted these at CVS as well):

image credit: Candice for Nouveau Cheap
Fantasy Makers by Wet n Wild Bewitching Eyes Eyelashes in Entangled
($4.99 at CVS)

And guess what? This design is ALSO a dupe for the Paperself design called Spider! I think there are only two paper lash designs in the Fantasy Makers lashes collection, but I could be wrong (if you've seen other paper lash designs in the display, please do let us know!).

If you're a fan of fun, whimsical lashes and you're on a budget, I suggest you head out to CVS, Kmart, etc. and look for these Fantasy Makers paper lashes ASAP (before the Halloween season is over)!

Thanks so very much, Angela, for the fantastic dupe alert. It is much appreciated! And thanks to Candice for the pic of one of the other designs in this collection--it's great that this one's a dupe too!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I saw these at KMart a while ago. There's either 4 our 5 in this collection. They also had witches and cauldrens and black cats and i think skeletons. But I'd have to check again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these at KMart a while ago. There's either 4 our 5 in this collection. They also had witches and cauldrens and black cats and i think skeletons. But I'd have to check again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely want some of these. I got a set of paper lashes a few months back from Essence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome! And yea sorry the paperself is definitely curling up since I never opened the package. Hahaha. So it just sits there in my drawer. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are at Rit Aid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to try paper lashes soon (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw these tonight at CVS and took several pictures of the display, with you in mind! I saw they eyelashes and noticed they were very similar to the other brand you mentioned but since I didn't have them in front of me while in the store, I wasn't sure if they were exact!
    THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are awesome! I def. need to try and find these. Any idea where I can get them in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, I actually like the newer cheaper set better! I remember seeing the other pair on Sephora on "sale" for $9...

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig