Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Lipstick League – week of 8.12.13


Lipstick League Question of the Week

How did you arrive at your current eyebrow shape? Were you born with those brows, did you get them professionally shaped or did you shape them yourself? And are you happy with them?

G's answer: Oh boy, where do I start? For those who have been reading this blog for years, I know you've seen the evolution of my brows, and sometimes it hasn't been pretty (sorry). I've had them thick (hi, caterpillars!), I've had them thin (hi, Marlene Dietrich!) and I'm currently in a "not as thin as they once were, but not quite as thick as I want them to be" phase. Yes, I have had them professionally shaped. Sidenote: At least once in her life, I think every woman should have her brows professionally shaped. It can be a life-changing experience and it can transform your entire face in ways you never thought possible. Sometimes you can walk around for your entire life having a brow shape that works against your face, and not for your face. And no one will ever tell you (people are polite that way). A brow expert will tell you, and he/she will FIX it. I say spend the $50 if you've never had it done and just do it (but do your research on a site like Yelp.com first!). But back to my brows: The last time I had my brows shaped was about two years ago and I've been following that general shape ever since. I really liked what she did, and I found that the shape opened up my eyes and made me look far less angry than my previous brow shape (gotta love "angry brows"). So am I happy with them? Well of course they could be thicker but I'm not miserable and, when it comes to my brows, that's about as good as it gets.

Links of the Week

Nouveau Cheap - Wet n Wild just released three new eyeshadow trios and a line of textured nail polishes. Have you seen them yet? If not, take a peek!

Pink Sith - says the Kiehl’s Skin Rescuer is like therapy in a bottle for her troubled skin. Plus, bonus sad walking away music from The Incredible Hulk!

Prime Beauty - has the 411 on the new butter LONDON Rock Your Colour Bespoke Colour Cosmetics Collection and it's bright and beautiful!

Vampy Varnish - has swatched and reviewed the new Too Faced Lip Injection Color Bomb! Moisture Plumping Lip Tints for fall 2013!

we heart this - are giving away two amber delights; Win BPAL's amber perfume oil and hair gloss!

Clumps of Mascara - Okay, so it isn’t exactly beauty related but if you’re living the gluten-free and dairy-free life or just want a fresh and delicious salad, check out the recipe for this one.

EauMG - is high on perfume this week (it’s OK, she’s in Washington state). Here’s EauMG’s guide to marijuana perfumes. These unusual perfumes contain a cannabis accord or are inspired by the substance. Don’t walk on the grass. Wear it.

Gouldylox Reviews - Curious if the Marc Jacobs line is worth the hype? I've got pictures, swatches and details!

Lipglossiping - feels the mercury rising with this spicy little number from Glitter Gal Cosmetics. Guaranteed to get you hot under the collar!

My Beauty Bunny - is excited to be spreading the cruelty free message in the pages of People Style Watch Magazine! Check out my newsstand glee and the shout out to my favorite vegan hair care brand, DermOrganic.

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Nouveau Cheap - Kimberly over at Libby’s Pink Vanity reviewed the Forever 21 Creamy Splatter Eyeshadows which, by the name alone, captured my attention!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I've never done much with my brows. All the women on my mom's side of the family have these super-blonde, barely there brows so they look like they've shaved them off, and I got visible brows from my dad's side, and with a decent arch, so I always felt lucky. I thinned mine sometimes in the 1990s but now just pluck strays. After a while they don't grow back as much as they used to, so I just try and keep what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mine done professionally about every 5-6 weeks. I never could master creating an arch by myself so I figure the $15.00 I spend on them is well worth it. Everyone should have theirs done by a pro at some point. It does transform your face in some instances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me until I was almost 37 to start getting my brows waxed and Im so embarrassed now. All those years I had these 2 thick caterpillars on my face. I did have enough sense to pluck in between but, not enough. The lady that does my nails makes my brows look awesome. Nice soft arch . My brows are black but I also just started using the e.l.f brow filler. Amazing! I never knew what a difference it would make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was lucky enough to have inherited great brows. They are arched and nicely shaped, thick enough to not really need filling in, and easy to maintain. I just clean them up every now and then, and remove stray hairs.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig