Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, July 21, 2013

Swatches: NEW L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Color in Berry Jealous!

So I mentioned in my "What is a Jelly Polish?" post that L'Oreal recently came out with a new pink jelly in their Colour Riche Made For Me Pinks Collection. I believe that these new pinks are additions to the permanent L'Oreal polish line, so hopefully you'll all be able to find them soon (if you haven't already). I found this counter display at Rite Aid a few weeks ago and that's when I picked up Berry Jealous!.

I'd like to give a special thanks to reader Puffinlover for commenting on my original post and letting us know that there's a jelly in this collection--I thought they were all cremes, but no!

(Two coats + top coat)

 L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Color in 130 Berry Jealous!
(retail: around $4.99, 0.39 oz)

Look at all that squishy, juicy jelliness!

A rare glimpse at my left hand

I rarely post pics of my left hand but I wanted to show you how freakishly long (for me) my nails have gotten. I'm left-handed, which makes it even more bizarre that my nails are so long right now, so I'm glad I photographic evidence for posterity!

For those who may be curious why I never show you my left hand, it's just because I obviously do a better paint job on my right hand (since I'm left-handed) and I'm also better at holding the camera steady in my left hand for close-up photos. Thus, you never see my left hand here on the blog.

So about the formula of Berry Jealous!: It's perfect. Not thin, not thick, but just right and super easy to apply. For a jelly, this one's surprisingly opaque at just two coats--the only instance where I could see you requiring three coats would be if you're a stickler for VNL (visible nail line). In that case, three should do the trick. But this one's so opaque at two coats, it's almost a jelly-creme (but not quite). Dry time for both coats was very good as well.

Have you spotted the L'Oreal Colour Riche Made For Me Pinks Collection in your area? Do you own any of polishes in this display?

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Mmm, how I love jellies! I usually have to have ALL THE JELLIES! haha, but I'm thinking this might be similar to a hot pink jelly I already have, Essie - Secret Story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny, I just bought this today and then saw this post! So glad I got this because it is GORGEOUS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their jellies are really quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ermagerd ermagerd you mentioned me. It's pathetic, but I'm fangirling right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My nails are longer on my dominant hand as well. I think it's because I'm more coordinated with that hand, so I don't bump them into things and break them all the time like my other hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only seen the Made for Pinks display at Walgreens. I wish it would show at my RA since I get a better price there with my Wellness card. I have so far held out and not bought any since I have so very many pinks already and rarely wear them. I do like the L'Oreal bottles, though, so if Wags has a sale, I'll probably succumb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh must have. I have all the Miss Candy ones but they didn't have a darker pink so this fills that void :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I'm not a huge fan of pink, I probably will be skipping it unless/until I see it on deep discount. I can't believe that L'oreal missed a golden opportunity to give this color a punny name. My suggestions are "Berry Gel-ous!" or "Berry Jelly!"

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig