Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, June 3, 2013

The Lipstick League – week of 5.27.13


Lipstick League Question of the Week

Are there any beauty products that receive a lot of hype but don’t work for YOU?

G's answer: Would you believe that Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliners don't work for me? Well I take they back--they stay put very well on my upper lash line, but I just cannot get them to last on my lower lash line. I've tried a zillion times, but I find that some of the drugstore dupes actually stay put better on my oily skin than the real thing. Also, I cannot make Maybelline Great Lash mascara work for me, or the L'Oreal True Match face products (foundations, powders, etc.).

Links of the Week

Pink Sith - Afraid of commitment? The Perlier 8-piece Mini Shower Cream and Body Balm Set will help you decide on just the right scent for your luxury bath & body needs.

Prime Beauty - discovers three little innocent looking glosses that have a power she can't resist from Votre Vu!

Phyrra - asks, wondering how you can carry your camera in style? Phyrra shows you the Kelly Moore B Hobo bag - the best handbag for beauty and fashion bloggers!

Vampy Varnish - ready to create your Bronzing Wardrobe? Check out all eight of the Too Faced Bronzers and see which ones might suit you best!

we heart this - asks "wanna win a $150 Shopbop gift card courtesy of Nivea?" Answer: Duh!

Beauty Junkies Unite - Every day is a summer holiday with these gorgeous new nail lacquers from the new butter LONDON Summer Holiday Collection!

Clumps of Mascara - adores Josie Maran and is happy to see that she’s added some shimmer to her products. Look at thaaaat!

Gouldylox Reviews - I'm wondering, where do you prefer to shop for makeup, Ulta or Sephora? Tell me, please!

Lipglossiping - favours the florals this week with a look at four of her favourite violet-noted fragrances.

My Beauty Bunny - Need to get your skin into summer shape? We've got a set of Nourish Organic Body Washes to Giveaway in four delicious scents; Almond Vanilla, Fresh Fig, Lavender Mint and Wild Berries.

Nouveau Cheap - puts the newest jumbo eye pencils from CoverGirl to the test. Come find out if the Flamed Out Shadow Pencils are worth your hard-earned pennies...

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Pink Sith - Another Canadian blogger has captured my heart! This time it’s Sheila from the *Maddy Loves blog. She caught my attention with information and pictures of the Chanel Fall 2013 collection and kept my attention with her great selection of reviews.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Me too! I want the UD 24/7 liners to work for me, but they just do not last on my upper lash line at all, no matter what primer I use or even if I set them with powder and/or setting spray. I don't understand it, because everyone and their grandma loooooves them and raves about how long-lasting they are, but not for me. I'm still on the hunt for a cruelty-free and vegan long-lasting liner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm game to try all kinds of stuff, but one thing that I've never warmed up to is lip gloss. I like the look, but hate how it feels. Too greasy and sticky for me, and there's always something distracting and off-putting about the taste. Plus a lot of them irritate my lips just enough for me to avoid them, so there's some ingredient in there that doesn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lining my waterline with white or navy is supposed to make my eyes brighter. Somehow they always get redder. This doesn't happen with black though.

    Can't do true nude lipsticks either. For actual brand specific products, I'm one of the few that doesn't get a great airbrushed look with Bare Minerals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not alone! The UD 24/7 liners smudge like crazy on my lower lashline.

    One other thing I don't get are the Maybelline Color Tattoo shadows. I know, right?! I only have one, but the one I have has has gotten good reviews. It's sticky, impossible to blend, and totally creases unless you do a thin wash of color. It does last all day, though. Maybe I need to buy one more color to be sure. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have their own personalities.. Bad to the Bronze is one of the easiest to work with though. I prefer to buff them on in light layers rather than slather a thick coat on all at once. My favorite brush to apply is the ELF C brush, it's quite dense so you can tap the ends of the bristle in and buff it on. If you have oily lids priming may be necessary.. and if you really have problems with creasing try a little Milk of Magnesia before the primer. It makes my shadows bulletproof in any weather.

      Delete
  5. Eyeliners in general don't stay on well for me--I've tried a ton and only a handful stay put--not counting the UD 24/7 liners.

    The Covergirl mascaras don't work well on me. Neither does Maybelline Great Lash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My biggest makeup fail to date: Revlon colorstay whipped foundation. Burned my entire face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd have to say Milani baked blushes.. These never worked for me.. They just disappear on my skin- well the color dIsappears, and glittery flakes go everywhere. I tried two colors- I just couldn't take it.. I gave them away :-/

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig