Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, June 24, 2013

Beauty Bite: Hard Candy LIP DEF Lip Lacquers

New for 2013, I received three of the Hard Candy LIP DEF Lip Lacquers for review a while back and today I'd like to tell you what you need to know about these lip colors!

 Hard Candy LIP DEF Lip Lacquers
(retail: $6 each, 0.28 oz)

Hard Candy products are sold exclusively at Walmart (in-store and online).

There are ten shades in the LIP DEF range.

From the Hard Candy website:

Imagine your lips…in 3D! Our super shiny lip color amplifies the shape of your lips with 3D pearls that create the illusion of depth and volume resulting in fuller, curvaceous lips. This triple duty lip color hydrates, fills and magnifies lips without feeling sticky or tacky.

 angled doe-foot applicator

 Due to the size of the font, curved surface of the tube and the reflective finish, this was the best I could do to capture the ingredients (you can click the image for a better view)


 Scandalous

 Red Stiletto

Madison Ave

 bright light

 low light


PROS:
  • Tubes come securely safety-sealed in plastic
  • Very good pigmentation
  • Red Stiletto and Madison Ave are quite opaque (no need to build for coverage)
  • Very shiny finish
  • Multi-dimensional shimmer/sparkle provides nice depth
  • Texture is not sticky, grainy or greasy on the lips
  • Non-drying formula
  • All three glosses taste and smell like red licorice
  • Nice to wear alone or over lipstick
CONS:
  • Scandalous is a bit sheer for a lip lacquer
  • Staying power is like a gloss (I average a little over an hour before I need to reapply)
  • All three glosses taste and smell like red licorice, which would be a "con" if you don't like red licorice

THE LAST BITE: I love lip lacquers because they're generally more opaque and pigmented than glosses (but just as shiny as a gloss). These did not disappoint, and the "3D pearls" give these lacquers some beautiful dimension. I love 'em and I can't wait to try other shades, especially the purple shade that my pal Jacqueline reviewed here.

Do you own any Hard Candy LIP DEF Lip Lacquers? If so, I'd love to know which shades you own, and how like them! Do you wear them alone, or on top of lipstick?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.Blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I tried the pink and purple ones, I was very disappointed! The glitter shows up, but the purple base looks so light and it's almost kind of clear. I really like the red one you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah, it sounds like those two are more like Scandalous and less like Red Stiletto and Madison Ave, which are very opaque. :(

      Delete
  2. wow the glitter pay off is incredible, need to try!
    hard candy is such an awsome brand

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so pretty! I haven't used anything from Hard Candy in a little while so I might pick one up! Good review G, I actually really like these Beauty Bites!!

    xo aly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh bugger. Hard Candy isn't available ANYwhere close to me and Red Stiletto is really pretty. Thank you, Walmart, for crushing my Hard Candy dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red Stiletto looks fabulous, but I hate red licorice :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madison Avenue looks like a great summery golden bronze for that "beach babe, sun Goddess look...too bad I'm so fair and pinky toned to really be able to pull that off. Maybe I'll try, try again. : /

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madison Ave. looks really pretty! I would be interested in trying these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Bashful and I really like it! I don't wear it on its own but I usually layer it over a nude color lipstick and it just looks perfect! It gives such amazing shine to the look. I'm in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty but I avoid shimmery lip gloss because I feel like it draws more attention to my already full lips

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig