Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, April 1, 2013

The New Nouveau Cheap: A guide to enhancing your reading experience


It's official: this blog received an extensive makeover recently, and now that all of the bells and whistles are in place, I'd like to take a minute to thank the designer and let you know about some new features that might help your reading experience!

First of all, I want to thank Lingy Design for her tireless efforts in tackling this project. Ling did an absolutely amazing job with this full site redesign and she added so many features to this blog (things I wasn't even aware that you could do!) that I just can't thank her enough. She was extremely patient with my lack of knowledge and took so much time ensuring that everything I wanted carried over from the old site was not only present, but even better, and more functional. If you're looking for a site makeover, I can't recommend Ling enough. She truly went above and beyond to make this site the very best it could be.

Tips and tricks to enhance your reading experience:

Connect with me: I have a snazzy new social networking bar (upper right corner) and if you haven't noticed, I'm now on Instagram, Pinterest and Google+ if you'd like to connect with me on those sites!

Contact me: I now have a convenient contact form if you'd like to submit a sighting, etc. Just click "Contact" (see upper right corner of the blog).

The search bar: now even better. Now located in the upper right corner of the blog, I've tested the new search bar a zillion times and I've yet to enter a search that didn't reveal what I was looking for. If you're looking for a past review, sighting, etc. I highly recommend using the search bar.

The Nouveau Cheap Daily Newsletter is still alive. You can still subscribe to my newsletter by hovering over the little RSS icon in my social networking bar (top right). I will be changing providers soon (more on that later) but you can still sign up with the current provider! The transition should be seamless for those who currently subscribe, but again, more on that later.

Keep reading for more helpful tips...

Looking to browse? Try the tab titled "Categories" on the right-hand sidebar. There you will find sub-sections for "Brands," "Bath, Body, Skincare and Haircare" and more.

Looking for a date? Try the tab titled "Archive" on the right-hand sidebar. Once you click that tab, just click on the text that says "Search by date" and a drop-down menu will appear.

Scrolling: now easier than ever. Have you seen the handy-dandy scroll buttons located on the right side of the blog? Now you've got a quick and easy way to get to the top, or bottom, of a post.

More Tips & Tricks: When you hover over the "Tips & Tricks" section of the upper menu bar at the top of the blog, you'll see not only the "Essential Shopping Guide" but also some of my most popular posts of all time, now there for easy access.

Graphics! We've got graphics! Below the main menu bar, you'll now see a graphics bar that contains links to helpful info such as my Drugstore Holy Grail Products and the interactive sightings map. I'll use that space for whenever we've got something really hot going on (like locating those WnW palettes) so that you don't have to bookmark a post or try to remember where something is located.

Sharing is caring. If you haven't discovered this yet, when you hover over any photo in my blog posts, you'll immediately see buttons to share on Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter. You can also still click on images to enlarge, if you'd like.

Even more about me. There's a fun new "About Me" page (link is in the upper right corner of the blog) and I'd love it if you took a look (if you want to know a bit more about me and this blog!).

Don't you forget about (You Tell) Me. Sorry, had to squeeze in a Breakfast Club reference there! Anyway, the You Tell Me page is still here for you to access, read and contributed to. The link is located on the main menu bar at the top of the blog.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. I hope all of the new bells and whistles truly enhance your reading experience here. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I'll do my best to answer them! Thanks again, Ling, for your patience with me during this project and your tireless efforts!

Disclaimer: Nouveau Cheap has not received any form of compensation from Ling Designs for the opinions expressed in this post.
SHARE:

37 comments

  1. I read your new "About Me" post, and now that I know Queens of the Stone Age and Foo Fighters are on your favorite bands list, I want to be BFFs with you. How excited are you about the new QoTSA album? I'm pretty much having a heart attack just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! ;)

      And yes, i'm totally freaking out! Qotsa posted a pic of their soundboard on their FB page a while back and I almost cried!

      Love,
      Your new BFF ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the redeaign and love your blog. Been checking it out for a few years now and it's my must read of the day. I love that with twitter I now instantly here about your posts, but if I'm super busy I just check out your email newsletter in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cristina, that is so incredibly sweet of you to say! Thank you SO much! *hugs*

      Delete
  3. It looks great! I didn't think I could enjoy reading your blog any more, and then you went and made it all pretty! Love the new look, and love you for all you do for us readers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaaw, thank you SO much for saying that!! <3<3<3

      Delete
  4. Sorry G I would like yo know if you updated your list of blogs you read? The last time I went through them there were many abandoned ones. Just curious if it's worth checking on my pc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. G: I am a child of the 80s also, I was 12 in 1980, and I will get your pop culture references! Speaking of The Breakfast Club, my 16 year old son loves that movie! We just watched it and I can't get that song out of my head, so I had to laugh when you referenced it. Love your blog and the new design. I read it every day! Thanks for all your hard work:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! And how awesome that your son loves it too! :)


      Thank you so much for the kind words. That means the world to me. *hugs*

      Delete
  6. Love the new site (and The Breakfast Club reference -- why don't they make movies like that any more??!). It looks absolutely fantastic, and I love all of the new functionality to help us navigate around! As a long time reader, I've been around for several of your re-designs (and I've loved them all!), but this is my favorite yet! Can't wait to try out some of the new features. Thanks again, G, for all you do. I'm always happy to see new post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose, thank you SO much for staying with me through the years. I can't express to you how much that means to me. Wish I could give you a big hug right now! xo

      Delete
  7. The site looks amazing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She really did a great job! Ur blog is lookin super snazzy, congrats, and thanks for all the effort u put into making things as easy for us as possible :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO welcome, and thank YOU for reading!! xo

      Delete
  9. Hey G. Just wanted to let you know that the You Tell Me button still has a placeholder link (no nowhere) on the homepage. I think this is only an issue there, because on this page it does have the correct link. I've been holding off on commenting about it because you were in the midst of a redesign, but now it seems like something you'd like to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ??? I just checked and it works perfectly for me! Are you actually hovering over the words ”You Tell Me” on the menu bar until the drop down menu appears?? There are actually TWO links to the You Tell Me page that will appear (they're in red) and BOTH links work just fine.

      Hope that helps!

      Delete
  10. I really liked this post! Might I suggest you place a link to it under the "For new readers" link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea, R.!! Thank you so much! Will do! :)

      Delete
  11. Love the redesign! If debating a purchase I go to your site to search for reviews, so I will be appreciating your enhanced search feature!

    I think I've been reading you pretty much from the beginning. It's been great to hang around and see your blog grow and improve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea what it means to me that you've stuck by me from the very beginning, M. Thank you SOOOO much. I wish I could give you a great big hug right now...the kind that might hurt, it's so big! Lol!! ;)

      Delete
  12. Ah, love the Breakfast Club reference

    ReplyDelete
  13. The makeover looks great, and gladly, it's still very much you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an incredibly sweet thing to say, Heidi! Thank you so much!! xoxo

      Delete
  14. G- Love the new look! It's pretty, easy to get around, and user friendly! Happy April! :)
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  15. The new blog looks amazing! Very sophisticated and chic. I loved reading your About Me page. You're such a sweetheart. I'm not surprised that you're crafty. You do great nail art! I wish you posted more about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words!! And I will definitely do more nail art posts! :)

      Delete
  16. Love the new look! I was like 'am I at the wrong website' 'is this spam!?' when I first got here haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! I'm so glad you didn't immediately click off, never to return!! :)

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig