Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, October 13, 2012

My weekend manicure: L'Oreal The Muse's Attitude

I've reviewed a few of the quads, lipsticks, glosses and polishes from the L'Oreal Fall 2012 Project Runway collection, but I thought I'd save my very favorite item for last.  The Muse's Attitude jumped out at me when I bought it at Rite Aid a few weeks ago because it is very similar to BleachBlack Dickweed. I tried to find my bottle of Dickweed but I think I lent to a friend who...um...never gave it back, so I'm sorry I don't have a side-by-side comparison for you. However, looking back at the review I did for weheartthis in 2010, they seem very close in that "Is it a blue, green or teal?" kind of way. In fact, even the formulas seem similar. Both polishes feel like they might be a disaster after one coat (streaky and patchy) but on the second coat things level out and the opacity is perfect for both.

So if you never got your hands on the BleachBlack polish (I believe it's been discontinued), you can get something very similar with The Muse's Attitude. I'm wearing this polish on my fingers as I type this and I actually received three compliments on this color just today--it's truly stunning in person and photos don't do it justice. This is really one of those polishes that you just have to wear in order to fully appreciate.

L'Oreal Fall 2012 Project Runway Collection Nail Color in The Muse's Attitude
(retail: $5.99, 0.39 oz)

Swatches, after the jump...


Looking closely at the pic above, you can see the "beetle-like" effect of the purple/violet/blue colors at the bottom of the bottle. Sadly. these colors don't really translate to the nail unless you catch a glimpse of your nails at just the right angle and lighting. For the most part, what you'll see on your nails when you wear this polish is a beautiful, deep teal shimmer:

(two coats + one layer of top coat)


But the surprise is that this polish changes from teal-blue to teal-green depending on your lighting. In the above pic, it looks more like a teal-blue, but in the pic below, it's more of a teal-green:



 


I don't think I could ever grow tired of of looking at this color. It's deep and rich and just so beautiful. I love that it really does morph from teal-blue to teal-green several times throughout the day depending on the lighting, so it's like a little surprise for me every time I look at my nails.

This one definitely stole my heart--much more so than The Temptress' Power

Do you own any products from the L'Oreal Project Runway Collection? If so, do you have any favorites? Do you own The Muse's Attitude? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

27 comments

  1. Beautiful color; I must get it! Is the polish as shiny as it appears in the photos or are you wearing a top coat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I mentioned in this post, i'm wearing two coats of polish plus one layer of top coat. :) But this polish is pretty shiny on its own...its just shinier with top coat. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. I am all about anything teal, and I love my teal nail polish. I'm definitely on a mission to find this one now - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you find it soon...I think you'll love it even more in person!

      Delete
  3. the colors look lovely! it's so much fun to stare and admire the colors on your nails, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! Glad you enjoyed the pics! :)

      Delete
  4. I love colors like these. they're appropriate for any season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color and quickly bought it, but it is the gloopiest polish EVAH. Hard to work with and the brush itself is too thin to control it. =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hum...like I mentioned in my post, this one was very streaky and patchy for me on the first coat, but the second coat totally fixed that and it was completely even and opaque after two coats (i'm wearing 2 coats in all of the pics). Was yours still goopy on the second coat? If so, try adding a few drops of polish thinner....that might help!

      I didn't notice that the brush on this one was exceptionally thin...it seems pretty standard to me. Maybe you've been using a lot of the wide brushes lately and you're used to those? I know that happens with me when I use Sally Hansens, Rimmels and WnWs that all have the wide brushes and then I go back to ”normal” brushes. I kind of lose perspective for a minute! :)

      Delete
  6. oooh so pretty but the last couple L'oreal np's I got were so thin it seemed to take a bazillion coats and seemed streaky. I'm wondering if it was just those partucular ones (they were LE from summer collex I think) or do these have a tendency for that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that L'oreal polishes vary a lot from shade to shade. Some are just as you described, while others are perfect after two coats. I don't think it's just the LEs either...same thing with the core colors. :/

      Delete
  7. I adore teal nail polish & I have quite a few. Unfortunately L'oreal's The Muse's Attitude gets a big Y A W N from me.

    Been there, done that... got the nail polish (in so many brands) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Sorry you're not feeling this one. :)

      Delete
  8. Damn! I soo need this color! And God knows I don't need anymore nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! ;) but I hope you love it if you get it!

      Delete
  9. This one is interesting G. It is a great shade on you and for this season. I am interested in this one,I am surprised I have nothing like this.

    Thanks as always - have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, hun! Please let me know how you like it if you get it. :)

      Delete
  10. I want just about every one of the shades from this LE collection. They're all so beautiful. This is really eye-catching, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are definitely a lot of pretty colors in this collection! :)

      Delete
  11. Oooh this is gorgeous! In person, does it look like Wet n Wild Spoiled 'The Parking Meter Expired' or is that just in pictures? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, they're pretty different. The Spoiled is a lot darker and contains some sparkle, whereas this one is lighter with no sparkle. Hope that helps! :)

      Delete
  12. I finally got to see these 4 collections at the store last night - This one looked very green on my little sample I did in the store lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one totally reminds me of China Glaze deviantly Daring, the first color I picked up from the Bohemian collection. Essie Trophy Wife is very close to DD, I imagine all 3 colors are close .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Does the color itself seem to change depending on the lighting? Or is there a duochrome thing going on, where you can see both colors at once?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just picked this up and can't wait to try it. I actually found it on display at Target!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig