Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, August 13, 2012

Spotted: Maybelline Limited Edition Fall 2012 Fashion Week Color Show Nail Colors

I'm not going to rehash all the details about the Maybelline Fall 2012 Fashion Week Collection again today, but if you missed it and want to know what's going on, please click here.

So when I posted the display pic of the LE polishes in that collection earlier today, I never imagined that I'd get to see the actual bottles TODAY. But longtime reader C.M. literally JUST spotted them at her local CVS (yep, CVS!) and was kind enough to share a pic:

image credit: C.M. for Nouveau Cheap
Maybelline Limited Edition Fall 2012 Fashion Week Color Show Nail Colors

C.M. writes:
...there is a dupe for Chanel Peridot, which has already been duped by China Glaze, OPI, and Color Club - this is the cheapest of all those, though, and as far as I know the first Peridot dupe available in the drugstore! There's also a dupe for China Glaze Swanky Silk and I think the duochrome in it is even stronger than the original! There's a shade that looks very similar to China Glaze's Deviantly Daring as well, and a shade that looks like a match for OPI's new German Collection color German-icure. AND if that wasn't enough, there was a gorgeous frosty brown with a green duochrome that I've never seen anything like. Basically, all the shades were stunning and I can't wait until they go on sale so I can get my hands on a few!  

Wow! I  was excited about these before, but now I REALLY can't wait to find them!  Here's the display photo that I posted earlier today, just to refresh your memory:

image credit: Project Swatch. for Nouveau Cheap 

Thanks SO much, C.M. for the fantastic info and pic. I really appreciate it!

So, nail polish lovers: visit your local CVS locations this week and hopefully you'll find these!
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. While I appreciate cheaper options, the Peridot redundancy...is just that. Ready for something new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't have a Peridot dupe yet, so i'm excited. Lol! But I know what you mean.

      Sounds like the brown shade that CM described above might satisfy your cravings for something new? :)

      Delete
  2. I look forward to seeing these and getting them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That green shade looks really interesting! This fall I hope to start a collections of greens. I really only have a Christmas-y green and a neon green. Both China Glaze I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that brown! I have THREE variations of brown/green duochrome shadow (UD, Too Faced, MAC), and I must hoard this too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love OPI's Peridot dupe, Just Spotted the Lizard, so I don't need another one, but I was disappointed in China Glaze's Swanky Silk (I think I got a bad bottle because even the brush was wonky) so I want to see Maybelline's pink-gold duochrome. And a green-brown duochrome? I'm gonna be all over that like lint on a black dress! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! I love that saying and i'm totally going to steal it. ;)

      Delete
    2. Please do! I certainly didn't think of it! ;-) P.S. Thank you SO much for all this info -- definitely hitting CVS tomorrow.

      Delete
  6. Woohoo, all of these look fantastic! I don't have a Peridot dupe in my collection either, glad I held out for the least expensive version :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Checked my CVS today, they got nada. However, because they JUST got in the neon WnW polishes, I'm hoping they will eventually get these in. I need (ok, want) some duochromes that are actually duochromes... *sigh* I really miss the old Sally Hansen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found these today. IMO, the brown one is just a green shimmer in a brown base, and it looks... icky. And the one that supposed to be a dupe for Germanicure reminds me of Rimmel Torrid instead. A lovely color, but without that lit-from-within shimmer that OPI has.

    I'm going to wait for swatches before buying any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found the whole display in my local Walgreen's and I have to agree with Tanarit1 on the brown base/green duochrome looking icky. I'm definitely waiting for swatches before I buy that one. I did buy Avante Green but I don't think it resembles China Glaze Deviantly Daring at all -- it's much more of a green than that one. It is similar though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found these today too and I picked up Avante Green, Boho Gold, and 2 bottles of Downtown Brown. I have an old Cover Girl polish called Chocolate Mint, which is a warm brown with green shimmer and came out about 15 years ago, and it's one of my favorite polishes of all time. I've been looking for a dupe of it forever and I even frankened up a bottle with a pan of UD's Lounge shadow from my old Pin Up/First Date Face Case, but this one is much better. Only thing that bugs me is that the bottles are only .23 oz, but they're priced $3.99 in my local Rite Aid. I did have a $1 off coupon, but I paid full price because I didn't want to miss out on getting these. Watch, they'll be on sale next week and if they are, I'll be a bit ticked, but I'll still pick up another bottle for cheaper than regular price, since they're so small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - totally reminds me of Chocolate Mint !!

      Delete
  11. I just bought all of these - LOVE the brown one, it reminds me of the old Cover Girl Nailslick called "Chocolate Kiss". I guess I am partial to "icky" colors tho. Also - there is no Peridot dupe in these. Boho Gold is more orange gold leaning than Peridot. It's a really pretty color. All of them are quite lovely - the Pink Cosmo one seems a lot more shifty than the China Glaze, much pinker. Avante Green is sort of similar to the China Glaze- but it's greener somehow. These were all sheer with the first coat - but built up nicely. Worth noting tho - these are small bottles. I paid 4.00 for each 7 ml bottle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one I seen today definitely had a peridot dupe.

      Delete
  12. Ooops - the name of that old Cover Girl one is "Chocolate MINT" - not kiss. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found these yesterday and I only got Doentown Brown so far. I'm going back tomorrow to get the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These finally showed up at my Walgreens... but at 4.99 for .23oz nail polish, they can keep them. I can get the .5 oz China Glazes at Sally's for 5.99. Also, the shadows are 7.95 each. Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig