Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, July 2, 2012

Review: Bodycology Cloud Nine and Wild Poppy Fragrance Mists

Today I'd like to share with you a few of the products I received from Bodycology (with more reviews to come). Cloud Nine and Wild Poppy are two new fragrances for 2012 (I think they first started popping up in stores back in February). I've always been a big fan of Bodycology Frangrance Mists, so let's take a look at these two new additions!

NOTE: if you're interested in making a Bodycology purchase, there's a $1 off coupon now available on the Bodycology Facebook page. Click here to grab it.

 Bodycology Cloud Nine and Wild Poppy Fragrance Mists
(retail: $3.99 each, 8.0 oz)

One of the things I've always loved about Bodycology fragrance mists is that they're not super strong, although they have pretty good staying power on my skin. If you're the type who prefers a more subtle fragrance that doesn't shout "Here I am, world!" then I think you might enjoy these. These products subtly fragrance the skin, but they're not so subtle that you can't detect them a few minutes after application.

 


So let's start with Cloud Nine:

In a word? LOVE. This fragrance is a combination of citrus, apple and jasmine and a whole lot of YUM. It's a very easy fragrance to wear, and it's not overly fruity thanks to the jasmine note. It's sort of a clean fragrance that's light and breeze, and I think the name Cloud Nine describes it perfectly. If you're normally drawn to cleaner fragrances that have just a bit of fruit and floral notes in the background, I think you might enjoy this one quite a bit. Tip: it gets even better the longer it sits on the skin.

Next up, Wild Poppy:

OK, so I just had to drive over to Ulta to take a whiff of Coach Poppy (retail: $65, 1.7 oz) before I wrote this review. I mean, I had to see how the two compared, right? Well, I'm pleased to report that Bodycology Wild Poppy is definitely in the same vein as Coach Poppy. Of course not an exact dupe, you can definitely smell the similarities and I think it's a nice, very low cost alternative. Wild Poppy is a mixture of jasmine and rose and it's one of those super-feminine fragrances that reminds me of a sweet summertime bouquet. Again, this one's very easy to wear, and perfect for when you're feeling extra girlie.

FINAL VERDICT: Bodycology has done it again. These new additions to their fragrance family are little gems. Both are so pretty, so feminine and so easy to wear. If you're looking for a light, fun new fragrance to wear this summer that won't break the bank, I say give these a shot. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

To find out where Bodycology products are sold near you, enter your zip code on the Bodcology website here. And don't forget about that $1 off coupon.

Do you own either of these fragrances from Bodycology? If so, how are they working for you? Do you have any other favorites from Bodycology? I'd love to hear about them (I've also been wearing Island Coconut a lot lately, which I love for summertime).

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I've seen these products at Walmart and they do smell rather nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bodycology! Their vanilla sugar body cream is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I included a link to their store locator at the bottom of this review.

      Delete
  4. I bought mine at Target Bytesize82. I bought the travel sizes in Cloud Nine and love them enough to buy the full sizes on my next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have to say that i detest the smell of the poppy but do love some of their older fragrances

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Bodycology and really only buy the small travel sizes of their body spray/mist. I get bored easily and do the same with BBW! Anyway I have been looking ALL OVER for Wild Poppy in the small bottle! Target did have all their scents in travel size but the Wild Poppy! Your description made me want it more G! I will keep looking! It is bound to show up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wild Poppy smells just like Coach Poppy Flower, one of my favorite perfumes! I am happy to have a lotion to pair with it :)

    Also, if you "like" bodycology on facebook, you can sign up to get a free sample of the wild poppy lotion. the sample also comes with a $1 off coupon for any bodcology product 8oz or more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love Bodycology products! I have the shower gel, lotion, and body spray. I have all three things in Enchanted Forest and Brown Sugar Vanilla. Bodycology products are reasonably priced and smell really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the Mango Madness one is the best!! It makes me feel like I'm in the tropics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cloud Nine reminds me a lot of Country Mist at Bath & Body Works which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. G, how long do these last? I found Cloud 9 at Target yesterday, but was hesitant to get it because I didn't know the staying power.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig