Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Lipstick League – week of 6.25.12


The Lipstick Question of the Week: 

Your three favorite skincare lines, name them… 

G's answer: That's a tough one because I love many products from many different brands, but I'm going to have to go with the brands that I've had the best success with in terms of individual products: Lumene (Freeze Firming Eye Cream), St. Ives (Green Tea Scrub) and Neutrogena (Rapid Wrinkle Repair Moisturizer SPF30). By the way, after trying a few new moisturizers recently, I've decided to go back to Rapid Wrinkle Repair SPF30 (I mentioned I was looking for a new moisturizer recently so I'm saying this in case you're curious what I ended up with!).

Links of the Week:

Nouveau Cheap – Perhaps the longest review G. has ever written about a drugstore foundation, come see why she felt the need to update her original Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup post with even more photos and info.

Pink Sith – Is full of non-sequitur references when it comes to talking about Chanel Fall 2012 Lumiere d’Artifices Beiges Illuminating Powder with Shimmer!

Prime Beauty – appreciates multi-tasking beauty products and Sue Devitt’s Marine Minerals Eye Shadow Palette in Soloman Islands is a triple threat AND  ideal for summer. Okay, a quadruple threat!

Phyrra – updates her lovely locks with Manic Panic Atomic Turquoise & Fuchsia Shock! Check it out!

Vampy Varnish – If you love makeup and art then you are going to love the new Milani Color Play Felt-Tip Liquid Pens!

we heart this – Want to win one of two $81 skincare sets from Yu-Be, the Japanese line with a cult-like following? Pop by and say Konnichiwa!

Beauty Junkies Unite – Amber gives us an exclusive sneak peek of the upcoming Urban Decay Smoked Eyeshadow Palette!

EauMG – Licorice, gumdrops, Turkish delights! Check out my review of Boadicea the Victorious Intense perfume.

Gouldylox Reviews – Can you believe it’s time to start thinking about the fall? I haven’t even been on vacation yet! Needless to say, it’s a departure from the bright summer colors, but I kind of like the classic vibe. You?

Krasey Beauty – shows you all of Make Up For Ever’s latest summer additions!

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Nouveau Cheap – If you like MAC MSFs but you’re on a tight budget, check out Glam Morena’s swatches of the new e.l.f Baked Blushes.

What are your three favorite skincare lines?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. theBalm, Bellecare Switzerland, and.... I don't have a third!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is a no brainer.

    1) Paula's Choice (overall, I like everything I've tried, some more than others)
    2) Neutrogena (for their sunscreens and retinol products)
    3) Olay (for their fragrance-free moisturizers and serums)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olay, Physician's Formula, Neutrogena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now the three lines that my skin is loving most are: 1)Shu Uemura 2)Marcelle (an affordable Canadian line) and 3) B Kamins (another Canadian (but not so affordable) line). My skin is so finicky, though- I'm sure this will change eventually :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neutrogena (I'm enjoying the Rapid Wrinkle Moisturizer for day and night with SPF 30 -- this line never breaks my highly sensitive skin out; Thanks for the recommendation, G!); Clinique (the 7-Day Scrub Cream is one of my regimen staples); and Mario Badescu (I've gotten good results with the Drying Cream I picked up recently). There are other individual items that I really like (including the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, my old stand-by and dermatologist-recommended Cetaphil cleansing bars, and the Aveeno Positively Radiant cleansing pads), but those are my faves at the moment.

    Also, I plan to try out more of the Elizabeth Arden Red Door products that I've seen in the past several months at TJ Maxx. The Eight-Hour Cream Skin Protectant is a great lip moisturizer, IMO. I use it at night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. About a year ago I stopped using any skincare products, other than extra virgin olive oil, and my face has thanked me for it. It is hydrated, balanced, my acne and blackheads are 90% better, even my wrinkles are improved. I have tried countless products, both drugstore and highend, for years and I honestly believe all the stuff I was putting on my skin simply made it worse. Now that things are under control I have added two items- Garnier moisture rescue gel, and generic apricot scrub.. just for the convenience factor. I do wash my face with my body wash in the shower every 2-3 days or so, and only after a good scrubbing with oil.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig